Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13154 13155 [13156] 13157 13158 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15890420 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197325 on: April 13, 2022, 07:24:31 am »

That's nice to hear things are looking up for you!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197326 on: April 13, 2022, 08:01:30 am »

Kick ass baal.  I feel like youre really moving up the last few years.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197327 on: April 13, 2022, 09:39:35 am »

Woo hoo!  Interest rate on my savings account just increased 30%!  Still far below 1% APY though...   :P
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197328 on: April 13, 2022, 12:54:27 pm »

After almost being homeless last year all this has been an improvement.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #197329 on: April 13, 2022, 05:47:56 pm »

Fuck yeah man I'm glad things are finally turning a brighter corner for you

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197330 on: April 14, 2022, 12:06:16 am »

Eh, FO's fairly close in playstyle to bloodborne or sekiro in particular, from looking at it, iirc. It's faster than the older ones and a bit more mobile/explore-y overall, but still close enough design wise to draw the comparison to the general sort of material.
Yeah, its combat system is a Sekiro clone (*cough* parrying *cough*) with platforming and force powers bolted on. Being based on Sekiro is very much not a bad thing, but it being a clone reduces it from "Masterpiece"-> Great AAA clone game.

I wasn't the biggest fan of its platforming stuff (which is on me and not the game) or how much of the stuff you pick up is useless cosmetics, but the only thing that *really* bugged me about the game is how your lightsaber doesn't actually connect with the blaster bolts when you reflect them. Seriously, how hard is that to do. I would still recommend the game, because Sekiro's combat system is amazing, and FO's is based on it strongly enough that its still very good.
---
I just encountered the Tears in Rain monologue from Blade Runner in the wild, and damn if it isn't one of the most powerful things I've heard every time I encounter it.
(The link above has Blade Runner spoilers, but uh... the movie came out 40 years ago now dawg).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197331 on: April 14, 2022, 10:23:00 am »

Compared to the book, where Roy is unceremoniously shot and dies instantly before the book continues on for a few more chapters of ramble, the movie version really is astonishingly superior.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197332 on: April 14, 2022, 07:27:36 pm »

Thank you my friends. Its been a rough ride but for my wife and kid is worthy every moment of it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:49:52 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197333 on: April 15, 2022, 12:39:20 pm »

Yooooo congrats Baal! I been away for a few days, great to hear about this big success for you!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197334 on: April 15, 2022, 05:51:17 pm »

That's not true. This guy is driving electric and ain't connected to shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oeyBSlGVw

This post from over in the Upset thread made my day, both before and now.

Hard to remember that Will Smith started out as a decent rapper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197335 on: April 16, 2022, 12:23:30 am »

I just finally finished the last Lord of the Rings book: Return of the King. I really forced myself to read through the remainder of it today, and while there's a lot to be said about the Trilogy, I will say that Frodo and Sam are probably the greatest Bromance in fiction history.

I'll probably give the movies a looksee. I've been putting them off for the day I finally finished the books.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197336 on: April 16, 2022, 07:21:04 am »

When you do make sure you see the extended editions.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197337 on: April 16, 2022, 07:31:56 am »

I remember LOTR fondly from back when it came out. It was an event. All us nerds were high on it for months.
But I saw a fragment recently, playing on some cable tv or something. It was kinda shit by today's standards. The CGI is shit. The acting is hammy. It all feels terribly quaint.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197338 on: April 16, 2022, 08:11:06 am »

The meta has evolved  Happens to books too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #197339 on: April 16, 2022, 09:03:05 am »

When you do make sure you see the extended editions.
Nah, see standard first if you're not a hardcore fan. The pacing is more natural. Then, next time, see the extended editions.

I remember LOTR fondly from back when it came out. It was an event. All us nerds were high on it for months.
But I saw a fragment recently, playing on some cable tv or something. It was kinda shit by today's standards. The CGI is shit. The acting is hammy. It all feels terribly quaint.
I will fight you  :P

The LotR movies are peak cinematic experience. The music and cinematography was astounding, and the CGI is much better than some modern examples I could name - and works mainly because it's used so sparingly. Make-up was more common than CGI by far.

I can watch LotR time after time and still feel its emotional message. And that's an entire trilogy. I can't do the same for any other modern film I could name.

As for hammy acting.... I don't understand how you get that at all. The worst is Frodo, but even then the acting's acceptable. Every other actor played their character so well that they are those characters. When I think Gandalf, I see Ian.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13154 13155 [13156] 13157 13158 ... 13326