Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13012 13013 [13014] 13015 13016 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846960 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195195 on: February 05, 2021, 01:00:07 pm »

I think the longest I've stayed away is three days and I'm disappointed because you guys got hallucinations and I didn't get any.
Eh, they're overrated, in my experience. It was mostly just my usual hallucinations cranked up a few notches, iirc. Floating technicolor blob hell making it hard to see anything else.

Normal visual snow is pretty tolerable (at least if you're born with it, it's apparently pretty damn disturbing for a lot of folks that onset), but when the opacity shoots up it causes problems. 'Cause, y'know, you basically stop being able to actually see :-\
Mine was a creature that resembled Tzeentch idea of how to arm your own dog kit, but on a non threatening, playfull nature. It was still kinda of worrysome because I never had one before (or after).
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195196 on: February 05, 2021, 01:08:54 pm »

I mean, I've found the biggest issue with being older and sleep deprivation is that you, y'know, can't really drive after a day or so without sleep, or otherwise really manage distance navigation. Not even remotely safely. I can more or less still get through a day of normal activities on a day or two without sleep (just work, instead of school), but I can't get to them anymore :V
God invented cocaine for a reason Frumple.

Seriously though, even without sleep deprivation, near the end of the day I'm fully fucking sundowned. I'm operating at maybe 10% of my mental capacity, and I don't trust myself to do anything with real risk involved. If I have to go sleep deprived, I'm going to hate every second of it as my body revolts against me in every way it can.

My former job involved being a nightshift hospital phone-man, and my job was to wake up doctors at all hours of the night if they were needed, and it feels like some of those doctors never got any sleep at all. I honestly felt sorry for them, and I worried that they weren't working at their best at any time, considering how tired they must be.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195197 on: February 05, 2021, 02:34:30 pm »

God invented cocaine for a reason Frumple.
I don't even drink caffeine anymore, much less down cocaine :P

... also I don't think that'd make it any safer to drive? Pretty sure you don't want to be driving jumped up on cocaine.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195198 on: February 05, 2021, 02:46:36 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:34:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195199 on: February 05, 2021, 11:14:26 pm »

Eastern European? Even here the truck drivers are generally hopped up on speed, or at least that's the usual trope, haha.   
Had this dude in a road train tailgating us for ages the other night, all I could imagine was him doing more lines off his steering wheel.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #195200 on: February 06, 2021, 12:21:15 am »

Me neither. I might be ok with a 28-36h day night cycle but I hate all nighters. A planet with shorter days would be hell of annoying I think.

Now I want to become a supervillian with a convoluted plan to slow the Earth's rotation to deal with my chronic insomnia.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195201 on: February 06, 2021, 12:28:19 am »

I remember that time when I was sleeping like 2-3 hours/night for...several months? Being awake and dreaming kind of blended together, and time changed weirdly (like one day where in my perception it was January when it was the day before Valentine's day, and the next day was the day before St. Patrick's). I got better, as far as I know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195202 on: February 06, 2021, 07:55:24 am »

oh

haha months, try years

that was basically my sleep cycle for all of middle school
i no joke don't remember those years
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195203 on: February 06, 2021, 08:22:32 am »

Do you have kids? Those little pests suck your sleep time dry. Also living here means I have to wake up very early all days of the week and stay up until very late, sometimes all nigth long, to look for sustenance for my family.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195204 on: February 06, 2021, 11:16:11 am »

Sega has finally graced us gamers with the Yakuza Remaster Collection, which includes Yakuza's 3, 4, and 5. I'm so glad my policy of never buying consoles has finally paid off, cause these games are awesome. I just finished Y3, and I thought that was so good that there was NO WAY Y4 could be better, only for me to get instantly blown away by how fresh and cool it is.

My only concern is that I'll finish all 3 games before Y6 comes out in March, forcing me to play *uck* other games in the interim.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195205 on: February 06, 2021, 11:18:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:33:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195206 on: February 06, 2021, 11:50:47 am »

How dare y'all oppose the revolution!  Decelerationists!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #195207 on: February 06, 2021, 04:01:04 pm »

Me neither. I might be ok with a 28-36h day night cycle but I hate all nighters. A planet with shorter days would be hell of annoying I think.

Now I want to become a supervillian with a convoluted plan to slow the Earth's rotation to deal with my chronic insomnia.

You have my full support.

BEHOLD MY EVIL PLAN! We wait 42 million years as the earth's rotation slows, and we add 2 hours to the day! MUAHAHA!
This is a blank sig.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #195208 on: February 06, 2021, 04:05:03 pm »

I took a walk since the weather is so unseasonably warm, went to the market, got snacks and beer, that's all fine. What really brightened and otherwise meh day was seeing a rather pretty girl. Or rather, the ramble my mind went on afterwards regarding the whole thing. I basically walked past her on the sidewalk, single glance, was kind of absent-minded and listening to music. But then my brain did one of those two person things where one person smacks the other to get them to notice something they just walked past, except in this case it was my brain smacking itself I guess? Most akin to a double-take probably, but not really that strong of a reaction.

Anyways, yeah, in this age of masks and general misery, getting smacked over the head by how beautiful someone is, is kinda nice :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195209 on: February 07, 2021, 03:35:43 am »

You have my full support.

BEHOLD MY EVIL PLAN! We wait 42 million years as the earth's rotation slows, and we add 2 hours to the day! MUAHAHA!
"You fiend, you'll never get away with this!"
*gets lowered in to a tank of sharks and dies*
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 13012 13013 [13014] 13015 13016 ... 13326