Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13011 13012 [13013] 13014 13015 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846955 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195180 on: February 04, 2021, 05:35:01 pm »

Lol, I mean recorded longest. The longest I've gone without sleep is I think 44 hours or similar.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195181 on: February 04, 2021, 06:05:42 pm »

Longest I've gone is 3 days and I wouldn't wish that fate upon an asshole

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #195182 on: February 04, 2021, 06:18:13 pm »

I think I did 50+ hours once. Couldn't fall asleep one night, and ended up staying awake past the point of feeling tired during the next day. Lost track of time on the internet at night after that, until I looked at the time and decided to go to bed. I don't think I suffered any ill effects.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195183 on: February 04, 2021, 06:20:25 pm »

Somewhere around 72 for me, too, iirc. Was hallucinating pretty wildly by the point I finally fell asleep, from what little I remember of it. Miserable experience.

... well. More wildly than normal, anyway. Technically I'm doing that 24/7, eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195184 on: February 04, 2021, 06:34:31 pm »

Long time ago, when I was 16 or 17, I managed nearly 70 hours.
70 hours of playing 'Super Street Fighter EX PLUS alpha' on a PS with a school friend on some coffee, liters upon liters of strong black tea, and way too much weed. My thumb never recovered. If I touch a PS controller for longer than 30 minutes, my thumb still gets a blister in the same spot I had it 25 years ago.

It was awesome, but I would never try that shit again. At my age now I already feel broken after a single all-nighter.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195185 on: February 04, 2021, 07:01:43 pm »

Actually the longest without sleep was 11 days and there was no such instant death.

I believe this is highly contested, as the subject basically kept falling asleep on their feet for a second at a time.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195186 on: February 04, 2021, 07:31:51 pm »

At that point microsleeps are unavoidable. I think my record is about 60 something or 70 something when hunting down some emigration papers on a gummit website.

At some point I had some mild hallucination but nothing so serious.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195187 on: February 05, 2021, 02:43:54 am »

I think the longest I've stayed away is three days and I'm disappointed because you guys got hallucinations and I didn't get any.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195188 on: February 05, 2021, 03:14:09 am »

Speaking of which . . . finished OMORI >_<

That was certainly a game I played!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195189 on: February 05, 2021, 03:15:33 am »

I've done two full five day stints awake and one of seven days.  I very strongly recommend NOT staying awake for days on end, it is not good for your health, physical or mental.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195190 on: February 05, 2021, 06:00:26 am »

I think the longest I've stayed away is three days and I'm disappointed because you guys got hallucinations and I didn't get any.
The shadow on my hand legit detached and floated away. It's just a nasty experience all round because you're fighting against nature itself

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195191 on: February 05, 2021, 11:07:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:34:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195192 on: February 05, 2021, 11:08:45 am »

Eh, they're overrated, in my experience. It was mostly just my usual hallucinations cranked up a few notches, iirc. Floating technicolor blob hell making it hard to see anything else.

Normal visual snow is pretty tolerable (at least if you're born with it, it's apparently pretty damn disturbing for a lot of folks that onset), but when the opacity shoots up it causes problems. 'Cause, y'know, you basically stop being able to actually see :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195193 on: February 05, 2021, 11:32:54 am »

The way I can't just decide to stay up any longer is definitely the foremost way I can tell age has affected me. I'm an old man and I need my beauty sleep, dammit
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195194 on: February 05, 2021, 12:34:29 pm »

I mean, I've found the biggest issue with being older and sleep deprivation is that you, y'know, can't really drive after a day or so without sleep, or otherwise really manage distance navigation. Not even remotely safely. I can more or less still get through a day of normal activities on a day or two without sleep (just work, instead of school), but I can't get to them anymore :V
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 13011 13012 [13013] 13014 13015 ... 13326