Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12589 12590 [12591] 12592 12593 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835802 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #188850 on: January 20, 2019, 05:48:22 pm »

6:45am, GMT +8, and just watching a great stream by hbomberguy regarding raising money for the ONLY CHARITY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM (Mermaids) and they just hit $200k. All because of spiteful bigots continually and unspokenly (in general media) harrassing good people and attacking trans people. (Looking at you Daily Mail)

This is just wonderful and the stream has been quite a wholesome and fulfilling journey (still ongoing at this moment), also Donkey Kong 64 and trans rights :))

Wholesome as in very epic people joined in and gave their voice, alongside deconstructing the social issues and giving good all-around humor. (e.g. John Romero)

Noting that said streamer's original goal was like, just $500 at best.
Lots of great info all said through the stream with great speakers even through their 50s speaking out and up while adding to info of the situation and the UK and trans people.

This is just :))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:54:55 am by Tiruin »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188851 on: January 20, 2019, 05:53:15 pm »

What do you call a guy calling himself a gal who isn't on time to his birthday party?

Translate.

Ah, I'll let myself out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188852 on: January 20, 2019, 05:54:46 pm »

What do you call a guy calling himself a gal who isn't on time to his birthday party?

Translate.

Ah, I'll let myself out.
Trans people don't call themselves by who they're not--this includes pronouns. :P

Easy metaphor: Trans/Cis isomers. People are different. Noting this down rather than sticking with rigid ideas of people fitting in templates will help the earlier you immerse and give thought to it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188853 on: January 20, 2019, 06:26:57 pm »

This is why I call all of you "ugly bags of mostly water" and leave it at that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188854 on: January 20, 2019, 06:30:24 pm »

Well, that describes spiders pretty well too, Max. Minus the ugly part, of course.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188855 on: January 20, 2019, 06:31:45 pm »

"Ugly" is not an absolute- in a world venerating slime, 'normal' skin is undesirable.

Likewise, if all are ugly then none are.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188856 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:01 pm »

@Max(tm)
What I do is use they/them by default, if I don't know what they prefer (usually the case).  Can't be simpler, and doesn't offend*!

I haven't seen the HBomberguy stream as yet, but I've heard it got a lot of really cool people involved.  It's heartwarming, and it worked out so well (despite his silly choice of game.  I mean, Desert Bus for Hope worked too, so it shouldn't surprise me).  It wasn't about the game, obviously :P

*Annoyance of people who disbelieve the historical existence of singular "they" is an acceptable loss.  Prescriptivism is already questionable, but it becomes suspicious when it's very specifically applied.

Edit:  Wow oops I thought he was still asleep, he's been back up for hours, and had Congresswoman Ocasio-Ortez on!  Jeez, this is a lot bigger than I realized.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:39:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188858 on: January 20, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »

My internet cut out for some reason so I had to stop watching the stream. Took the trash out - oh right there's a full lunar eclipse holy crap! It's total in another 15 minutes or so.

We will watch together
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188859 on: January 21, 2019, 02:12:44 am »

My internet cut out for some reason so I had to stop watching the stream. Took the trash out - oh right there's a full lunar eclipse holy crap! It's total in another 15 minutes or so.

We will watch together
Stream just finished as of this posting--101% for Donkey Kong 64, and pretty much also got to hear the CEO of Mermaids. The whole stream was just filled with wholesomeness.

But I won't forget what the streamer was told.
"So many kids want to meet you." and basically about how lifechanging the act would be for hundreds and hundreds of trans people in the UK, considering how bad transphobia is there (and all because of spiting a really horrible anti-trans person who did try to shut down said charity by his stupid rhetoric).

Also glad that I could watch the stream with just moderate buffering at 160p.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:14:41 am by Tiruin »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #188860 on: January 21, 2019, 02:48:19 am »

That was an absolutely amazing stream and I think I needed that. I didn't think this stream would get that big but it did and the guests that got in was amazing. I would have been floored if it got to 20k donations. When they got to 40k and they tried to get a 40k joke I thought that was gonna be it things would peter out. That was just really good and a great way to kick off the year.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #188861 on: January 21, 2019, 02:53:17 am »

I pretty much watched the whole thing myself with just breaks to sleep or eat or do some actual responsibilities like babysitting, but holy crap that was both uplifting and fun.

If anyone is out of the loop and isn't gonna scroll back, hbomberguy streamed a 101% run of donkey kong 64 to benefit the mermaids charity in the UK. They had AOC, John romero and Chuck tingle on at some points for fucks sake.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #188862 on: January 21, 2019, 10:47:06 am »

This was my first time hearing chuck tingle speak. I was not prepared.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #188863 on: January 21, 2019, 10:57:55 am »

A true outpouring of kindness and a triumph of the human spirit. All these people and their stories. And a surprising amount of nuclear power. It was the most positive thing I've seen in a while and I feel blessed to have witnessed this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188864 on: January 21, 2019, 11:35:29 am »

A true outpouring of kindness and a triumph of the human spirit. All these people and their stories. And a surprising amount of nuclear power. It was the most positive thing I've seen in a while and I feel blessed to have witnessed this.
I thought you were gonna post it :P
Yay for good stuff. The stream is divided into two parts, the first until 38 and a half hours.
Also I missed a ton of everything and only joined in on the latter half. It's notable that early on, even before the stream starts, hbomberguy reaches his initial goal of $500. Early testing before the actual stream was written on proportional levels, so there are many sound effects going off that aren't present in part 2 or nearing the end of the stream where more guests come and speak.

Audio format is in hours:minutes:seconds.
The first two are straight from the recorded start (Noting ahead that there's PG content and swearing)
Part 1 of the stream, straight from 00:00:00-38:29:50
Part 2 of the stream, until the ending at 59:28:37
And these bits are starting straight from the game start or when hbomberguy gets back and the stream returns to play.
Part 1 of the stream, straight from the gaming start
Part 2 of the stream, straight from the gaming start

Tons of it contain very inspiring stories from trans people worldwide, and in the final battle (part 2, near end), they've people speak from Brazil [Bolsonaro sucks and is evil], which is inspiring and awesome.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:46:58 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 12589 12590 [12591] 12592 12593 ... 13326