Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781256 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:41 pm »

He does not need alchohol to make it through the working day.

Woah, wait. How is it possible to make such a statement in such a format?
It is fine until you express that statement as part of a DF-style personality text block...
Eh?
Eh!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:06 pm »

For the first time in my life, I managed to play a fortress through to it's end. Its short, grisly end brought upon by fire imps, but an end nevertheless. Thus let it be said that I actually can finish something. Every now and then. But not really.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2009, 09:04:34 pm »

And I *never* wear underwear.
I have a feeling you and me are the only people on this whole board that share that habit.

I would be surprised... if this were anyone other than Sofia.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2009, 09:38:35 pm »

And I *never* wear underwear.
I have a feeling you and me are the only people on this whole board that share that habit.
And I make three (or did until a couple weeks ago), which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:14 pm »

Hey, it's comfortable. What can I say? I mean no one sees them, what's the point? Also I wear jackets like shirts, because most are more comfy than them and the shirt just adds to the weight and heat.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:09 pm »

Heh, sometimes I wonder if you're just going out of your way to drive lonely nerds (like myself) insane, but then I realize you are also right about what you're saying regardless. Jackets are more comfortable without shirts oftentimes (not that I wear them out of the house) and a lack of underwear riding up uncomfortably often equally so.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »

That's pretty reasonable reasonableman. Comfort is comfort.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:20 pm »

While I have admitted to preferring a climate that encourages sweat, and I will admit said sweat does make specific articles of clothing ride up when doing most activities. Still, I find clothes not designed to be worn directly on the skin uncomfortable. Or too chilly.
 It ain't only about the prospects of dangly bits with me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2009, 11:24:03 pm »

I wear my jacket in 120 degree weather, though I wear a shirt under it.

At least I can keep mine unzipped.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2009, 01:23:51 am »

Hey, it's comfortable. What can I say? I mean no one sees them, what's the point?

Of course no one sees them, you're not feckin' wearing any.

Also, I'd just like to point out that there's an interesting difference between the genders regarding undergarments.

On a date:

Woman: "I'm not wearing any underwear"
Man: "WOOHOO!"

On a date v2.0:

Man: "I'm not wearing any underwear"
Woman: "Oh god, that's disgusting"

Now, what some people don't realize is that both of the responses actually stem from them drawing the same conclusion.

Also, in Norway, I was able to reinforce my reputation as a mentally disturbed person by revealing that I do not wear undergarments.  However, when it's below freezing outside and the wind is blowing snow up your jeans, you begin to reconsider your stance on Tighty-Whities.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2009, 01:35:13 am »

Woman: "I'm not wearing any underwear"
Man: "WOOHOO!"

I dunno.  In my own personal your-mileage-may-vary experience, the women I've known who regularly go commando weren't ones I would WOOHOO over.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:08 am »

It's just that if you're on a date, and the gal you're with leans in close and whispers to you that there's no other barrier than what can clearly be seen from the outside, it's generally seen as a ticket confirmation for your trip to bedsville.

If a guy does it, it's lumped into the same category of communication as "Hey, smell this".

It's not a matter of whether or not they actually practice it.  It's just a matter of their perceived reasons to tell you.

And if you're on a date with someone you can't get excited over...   Why are you on the date?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2009, 02:51:48 am »

Well Kagus, that's what's called a double standard. They suck but you get used to them, to be fair though I've gotten odd comments from other girls about it. So it's not too one sided in the end.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2009, 02:54:00 am »

Oh, yeah I missed the "on a date" bit.  I was remembering acquaintances who'd told me in casual conversation that they'd taken up the habit.  Context is everything.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2009, 02:56:39 am »

It's just that if you're on a date, and the gal you're with leans in close and whispers to you that there's no other barrier than what can clearly be seen from the outside, it's generally seen as a ticket confirmation for your trip to bedsville.

If a guy does it, it's lumped into the same category of communication as "Hey, smell this".

It's not a matter of whether or not they actually practice it.  It's just a matter of their perceived reasons to tell you.

And if you're on a date with someone you can't get excited over...   Why are you on the date?

If it's cologne, I don't mind. :D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 13325