Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12471 12472 [12473] 12474 12475 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15726564 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187080 on: September 15, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »

I finished KH: Chain of Memories today for the first time.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187081 on: September 15, 2018, 08:31:50 pm »

I just discovered a term to describe my taste in music that is at once both terrifically accurate and hopelessly vacuous, and so simple I'm an idiot for not thinking of it:

"Alternative electronic"
I've been listening to The Mountain Goats heavily lately and I found the term for it a little while back: Folkadelic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187082 on: September 16, 2018, 12:46:22 am »

WTF is "alternative electronic"?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187083 on: September 16, 2018, 01:03:45 am »

My immediate thought was why would anybody willingly listening to mountain goats...

that must be the name of a band though
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187084 on: September 16, 2018, 06:31:54 am »

Electronic that does not follow the mainstream electronic trends
Love, scriver~

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187085 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:37 am »

You see, that's sort of the point.

WTF, indeed, is this? Or this? Or this?

I mean, I can point to this and say it's acid, or this and call it post-punk, or this and say it's melodic techno, or maybe apply an adjective to something such as "downtempo" or "pop-y", but as group there's no good term to distinguish it from what most people probably associate with electronic music. Also, for whatever reason the phrase "alternative electronic" just has a hilarious ring to it, like it's a quintessential stupid millennial thing, and that I think makes it more endearing.

Edit:
Or, if I'm not just using weird examples, there's this, which has a roughly similar style to the electronic that is sometimes a component of what might today be called "alternative pop".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:15:18 am by UrbanGiraffe »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #187086 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:49 am »

Cliffside is a show I'd probably watch if it were a thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187087 on: September 16, 2018, 12:53:54 pm »

Okay I want to give a third shoutout to Yakuza 0, I just had a moment that had me laughing my ass off. I was doing the RC Pocket Car sidequest, which involves a highly detailed RC Car minigame with it's own long storyline attached to it complete with its own set of bosses. I'd been struggling to beat the penultimate boss, I had built a fine little RC car and it was racing real good. I pulled ahead in the first half, but the boss was gaining on me little by little, and in the last lap he pulls ahead, and I hit the nitro and expend my last little bit of stability points. My car zips ahead and beats him to the finish line a quarter of a second just-in-time, and just as the "FIRST PLACE" pops onto the screen I can see my RC car fucking fly off the track and smash into the wall of the store from going too damn fast. It was that scene from Redline where the protag blows up his car to get that last bit of momentum to get to the finish line. I was just bawling my eyes out laughing.

I thought the RC cars were going to be lame, but that was awesomely fucking fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #187088 on: September 16, 2018, 01:28:31 pm »

I said it before, I’ll say it again:

The Yakuza series is about violent criminals going at each other, often times with improvised weaponry and sometimes brutal finishing moves, and I spend most of the game playing other, older games on their arcades or playing mahjong or fishing.

As a side note, how are you coping with Mr. Shakedown?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187089 on: September 16, 2018, 01:37:49 pm »

I said it before, I’ll say it again:

The Yakuza series is about violent criminals going at each other, often times with improvised weaponry and sometimes brutal finishing moves, and I spend most of the game playing other, older games on their arcades or playing mahjong or fishing.

As a side note, how are you coping with Mr. Shakedown?

Mr. Shakedown's a noob killer, and that's pretty much all he's good for. If you patiently dodge his moves and fight very conservatively as to not get hit, he's very easy as he only has 3 moves total. Then later on you get the Zap Gun randomly out of a dream machine and you can just wreck his ass in seconds. It's honestly kind of disappointing, because every time you beat him he gets stronger and tougher, but his speed and moveset stays the same so he doesn't actually get more difficult. If he got faster and had changeups then that'd be exciting.

I love all the dialogue for the Mr. Shakedowns though, they're so over-the-top and funny.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187090 on: September 16, 2018, 06:19:55 pm »

My immediate thought was why would anybody willingly listening to mountain goats...

that must be the name of a band though
A wonderful band, but only baby goats are worth listening to, as they are avatars of happy.

Bleehhh

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187091 on: September 17, 2018, 12:30:42 am »

I think i just saw a meteor/space junk falling through the sky through my window. Lots of pretty colors. Very fast.

No big boom yet, it must have been a tiny one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187092 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:15 am »

We went to Silver Dollar City yesterday and as we went to buy tickets, a pretty mom and presumably her mother gave us free tickets. We initially refused because I get in for 10 bucks a person as a local but they insisted so we thanked them profusely and went to check in.

Bag check missed my knife, which I found concerning but amusing.

Then as they read our tickets, they asked who our Season Pass holder was. We said we weren't sure and two very young girls chased us down before we got far. Led back to the ticket stand by children, we saw the mom and grandmother there, who proclaimed themselves the season pass holders and we got in for free.

What exceptionally nice people they are.  :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187093 on: September 17, 2018, 08:44:19 am »

More books.

So many books.

I'll fucking drown myself in books.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187094 on: September 17, 2018, 08:44:38 am »

I have been talking to some of my friends and swimming in the nostalgia and we’re thinking to start playing Dwarf Fortress again. I have no idea what i’m doing, what has changed since DF2012 and how much hand-holding my friends will need, having played even less of it than me.

Speaking of hand-holding, Is the mayday pack still around or are there better ones now?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 12471 12472 [12473] 12474 12475 ... 13325