Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12469 12470 [12471] 12472 12473 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15726570 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187050 on: September 13, 2018, 12:35:58 pm »

Oh its Truean, she is alive!

Hello!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187051 on: September 13, 2018, 12:40:12 pm »

Congrats on getting a new decent person in your social circle (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187052 on: September 13, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »

I've always wondered what the 'natural' state of people is. Are they born bigoted and have to be taught tolerance, or are babies born tolerant and have to be taught bigotry. Is it nature or nurture that determines intolerance against 'other' people?

I was thinking about this joke for a while and it's honestly too highbrow for my tastes but damn do I want to write it out anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #187053 on: September 13, 2018, 06:21:11 pm »

I've always wondered what the 'natural' state of people is. Are they born bigoted and have to be taught tolerance, or are babies born tolerant and have to be taught bigotry. Is it nature or nurture that determines intolerance against 'other' people?

I was thinking about this joke for a while and it's honestly too highbrow for my tastes but damn do I want to write it out anyway.
What if there's an individual variance for natural proclivities which is further impacted by environmental stimuli

Sorta like how some people are more predisposed to depression or psychopathy based upon genetic factors, but such predisposition need not manifest as depression or psychopathy in the absence of the appropriate environment. But instead of that, predisposition towards familiarity & likeness, versus unfamiliar and unlike

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187054 on: September 13, 2018, 06:53:03 pm »

What if there's an individual variance for natural proclivities which is further impacted by environmental stimuli

Sorta like how some people are more predisposed to depression or psychopathy based upon genetic factors, but such predisposition need not manifest as depression or psychopathy in the absence of the appropriate environment. But instead of that, predisposition towards familiarity & likeness, versus unfamiliar and unlike

Studies have shown babies are non-bigoted until somewhere in 6-12 months, where, without constant exposure to other races (e.g. having adoptive black parents) they show preference for pictures of attractive people of their race, based on time spent examining the picture. Babies are very attractiveness oriented also, smiling more and reacting more positively to conventionally attractive individuals.

So it's a combination of factors that create bigotry. It's instinctive to seek out those similar to you but I think bigotry is a perversion of that instinct.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #187055 on: September 13, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »

Other studies show that the tendency to prefer people that look like them is overridden by a preference for people who sound like them.

People are weird.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187056 on: September 13, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »

Other studies show that the tendency to prefer people that look like them is overridden by a preference for people who sound like them.

People are weird.
I actually judge people based on voice. It's not something I want to do, but I sometimes have to supress cringes at very bad voices.

While racism does have some basis on human psychology, everything I've seen indicates that homophobia is purely cultural. A major factor in homophobia by hetero men towards non-hetero men is that the existence of homosexuals is seen, subconciously, as an attack on the image of masculinity and what being a man is "supposed to be".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #187057 on: September 13, 2018, 07:21:18 pm »

People are weird.
My own personal experiences regarding people who tell me I "don't look like you sound," inclines me to believe the contrary

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187058 on: September 13, 2018, 07:52:49 pm »

It was a young ‘uns test group.

Like I say though, people are weird. I have an obviously non-local accent and folk always ask first where I’m from and then sometimes “do you know so-and-so who sounds just like you?” which is silly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187059 on: September 13, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »

People are weird.
My own personal experiences regarding people who tell me I "don't look like you sound," inclines me to believe the contrary

How do you look and how do you sound and how to your sounds supposed to look according to those people?
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187060 on: September 13, 2018, 08:48:35 pm »

I get that kind of thing a lot too, being a bearded 23-year-old man who sounds like a 15-year-old boy

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #187061 on: September 13, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »

I had the oddest experience while playing the PS4 Spiderman. I noticed it had real street names and for shits and giggles decided to do what one does when playing a game set in the city they live and look for my house.

...I didn't expect to find it. Or for the area around it to be anywhere near as accurate as it was. That was surreal but amusing and I don't know what thread to put it in.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187062 on: September 13, 2018, 09:38:22 pm »

I had the oddest experience while playing the PS4 Spiderman. I noticed it had real street names and for shits and giggles decided to do what one does when playing a game set in the city they live and look for my house.

...I didn't expect to find it. Or for the area around it to be anywhere near as accurate as it was. That was surreal but amusing and I don't know what thread to put it in.

You should tell us the address so we can visit it too.

Er... in the game, I mean. Obviously.

*rushes out to buy Spiderman*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #187063 on: September 13, 2018, 10:02:16 pm »

Can't say I've ever had that experience, living in Indiana.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187064 on: September 13, 2018, 10:05:17 pm »

I get that kind of thing a lot too, being a bearded 23-year-old man who sounds like a 15-year-old boy
I'm sort of the opposite, where I sound like my age and yet look like I'm stuck at 17 despite being a couple of months away from 25 now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 12469 12470 [12471] 12472 12473 ... 13325