Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12306 12307 [12308] 12309 12310 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889330 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: [Wao?!] When all you have is 12 tons of pot noodle... (Happy thread)
« Reply #184605 on: February 09, 2018, 04:23:22 am »

That mostly defeats the convenience point of the instant ramen, but I get the point.  Just pointing out that when I am at work, I am not going to be making a savory broth to go with my noodles in the microwave.  I am partial to the Creamy Tom-yum mama noodles, because the noodle pad itself is subtly flavored as well, so if I do decide that I am going to go a different way with the noodle pad, I have a slightly umami flavored noodle to work with, instead of a bland pad of noodle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #184606 on: February 09, 2018, 04:27:43 am »

Why not? It's not that hard to break off a broth bar and put it in water.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184607 on: February 09, 2018, 04:32:24 am »

The block noodles are better value, and you can in fact just stick them in a bowl or mug, along with the flavor, then pour boiling water in and let it sit. The plastic cup that cup noodles come in, is in fact completely unnecessary.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #184608 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:05 am »

ITT: higher level otaku
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184609 on: February 09, 2018, 04:37:54 am »

I suppose I could go sourcing those at Thai Binh this weekend...  Those are things not normally found in typical US supermarkets though. I have seen them at Thai Binh and Thai An (They are owned by a local married couple, the wife runs Thai An, but Thai Binh is bigger and closer), but the most you are gonna get in a normal chain store is knorr instant bouillon. :(

Any suggestions on brands/flavors?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:41:25 am by wierd »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184610 on: February 09, 2018, 05:17:38 am »

I usely just go with indome which Reelya linked above. Not amazing but a cut above the nastier brands. I just buy a whole box of them when they go on special and that's a stash that'll last for a while. Not sure if the brand is common in the US, most supermarkets here have it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184611 on: February 09, 2018, 05:51:34 am »

While only a related product, I have finally found a palatable (if highly bad for you) way to consume Maruchan chicken ramen. (You know, the most generic, horrible ramen there is.)
I know a recipe from my elementary school days.

You need:
1 packet of Maruchan chicken ramen
1 set of good teeth

Tear open the seasoning packet and sprinkle it on the noodles. Break off chunks of noodle and eat them, or gnaw on the bar directly using your teeth.

Enjoy.
I-is this you?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was a downward spiral part of my life, and I don't think it's appropriate to talk about in this thread.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184612 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05:33 am »

Well, I've been here a year now, I guess. It's a small happy, but it's gotten me back into role-playing again. I know that a year isn't much in Bay 12 time, but still.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #184613 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:05 pm »

It feels nice to be out of high school, for one reason especially: no social baggage!

Nobody here at university remembers me as the weird guy who nobody talked to. People have voluntarily shot the breeze out of the blue with me for the first time in years. It's great!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #184614 on: February 09, 2018, 12:14:40 pm »

At least until you get new social baggage!

Collegiate social baggage!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184615 on: February 10, 2018, 04:11:03 pm »

My job sucks.  But sometimes it can still feel awesome just to be damn good at something.

Just cleared my 3rd ever vehicle import through Custom's new system.  I think I'm still the only person in the company who has done these at all.  Each case has been different so far.  This one was completely different from both previous, with new provisions for importation being claimed with documents I've never seen before, being reported to three different government agencies.  I had very little preparation for this.  Rolled straight out of bed into a do or die scenario, with a driver unexpectedly at the border waiting for clearance to cross and a trucker on the other side waiting to take over for delivery in USA.  It was going to fuck up many people's days if I didn't get this thing worked out quickly.  I managed to get it cleared in a span of two hours... and it involved deciphering this fucking piece of shit.  But I did it, and I don't think anyone else that I work with would have.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184616 on: February 10, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »

Professional victory is sweet
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #184618 on: February 11, 2018, 07:44:07 am »

After over ten years of trying to remember one of the first games I've played on the PC (the other being some sort of Formula racing game) I finally found it. It was RayCrisis :D

Shame this one didn't get an HD remake like RayForce did (tho it's moot since the HD one didn't see a PC release this time around).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #184619 on: February 11, 2018, 08:05:59 am »

My job sucks.  But sometimes it can still feel awesome just to be damn good at something.

Just cleared my 3rd ever vehicle import through Custom's new system.  I think I'm still the only person in the company who has done these at all.  Each case has been different so far.  This one was completely different from both previous, with new provisions for importation being claimed with documents I've never seen before, being reported to three different government agencies.  I had very little preparation for this.  Rolled straight out of bed into a do or die scenario, with a driver unexpectedly at the border waiting for clearance to cross and a trucker on the other side waiting to take over for delivery in USA.  It was going to fuck up many people's days if I didn't get this thing worked out quickly.  I managed to get it cleared in a span of two hours... and it involved deciphering this fucking piece of shit.  But I did it, and I don't think anyone else that I work with would have.

IMO there are few feelings more satisfying than finishing off a nasty piece of work quickly, cleanly, and efficiently.

* Arx puts on sunglasses and walks away from massive productivity explosion

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 12306 12307 [12308] 12309 12310 ... 13326