Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12254 12255 [12256] 12257 12258 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846109 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #183825 on: November 15, 2017, 01:21:30 am »

My favorite Harvest Moon title is Stardew Valley.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183826 on: November 15, 2017, 02:47:58 am »

Today i was noodling around on guitar practising some cover songs (60s garage and Ramones type stuff) and decided to try and write some lyrics for some random riffs I had floating around. Ended up with a couple of complete songs that are recordable (plus a couple more that are "recordable" but for the wrong reasons, e.g. gag songs). So now my arm really hurts after about 7 hours of guitar stuff but i have something cool to work on. Most of these songs were actually completely written in ~10 minutes or so, once you have the hook it feels like the song sort of writes itself. Maybe that's a thing, huh.

I probably should sit around songwriting more often, lots of guitar practice and learning song structure is starting to pay off i think. And the best bit - those random riffs I had floating around now have a home.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:51:51 am by Reelya »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #183827 on: November 15, 2017, 07:05:11 am »

I agree, Siris is a pretty good name!
(I assume Your Name is an anime with a confusing name)
It's an anime movie
that I really want to see but can't cause no money and don't wanna pirate
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183828 on: November 15, 2017, 09:03:42 am »

It's the latest Makoto Shinkai movie. His stuff is pretty good and unique.

Also of note, Your Name actually knocked Spirited Away off #1 place for the biggest box-office anime success. Not too shabby for a dude who literally started making anime in his spare time by himself.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:09:40 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183829 on: November 15, 2017, 09:10:00 am »

Damn you Soros

BTW for Makoto Shinkai, if you look at e.g. The Place Promised in our early days
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381348/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Directed by Makoto Shinkai
Written by Makoto Shinkai
Screenplay by Makoto Shinkai
Produced by Makoto Shinkai
Cinematography by Makoto Shinkai
Film Editing by Makoto Shinkai
Makoto Shinkai : art / background art / color designer / storyboard artist
Makoto Shinkai : sound director
Special Effects by ... Makoto Shinkai

Sure, there are a number of other people involved in that feature film, but only e.g. about 10% of the number of people who worked on a typical Miyazaki movie.

... and looking at Your Name, he seems to have similar credits, however it dropped to 7 different things instead of 9 :/ (he didn't produce or do sound on the new one himself) and he outsold Miyazaki's top movie.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:21:57 am by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183830 on: November 15, 2017, 11:32:19 am »

I agree, Siris is a pretty good name!
(I assume Your Name is an anime with a confusing name)
Also you got his name wrong :P
Yeah, dang autocorrect \:

Happy:  I finished cleaning and moving "final things" out of my apartment (which *literally* filled my hatchback, including an uncomfortable amount of the passenger seat, even after throwing some things away.  I am bad at estimations)

When I was turning my keys in, the staff had stepped out but their beautiful long-haired cat was napping in a second chair.  She inclined her head to request pettings, so I did, and I finally understand the point of long-hairs beyond looking decadent.  It feels really nice on a immaculately clean housecat.
What made it better is that she only expected top-of-head pats, but I remembered some tricks like scratching under her collar and right under her whiskers (the part they rub against things).  She went from sleepy to alert pretty fast, eagerly rubbing against my hand whenever I tried to stop.  Good to know I've still got it :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #183831 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:13 am »

Got to use the car anyway hell yeah warm car
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #183832 on: November 16, 2017, 04:25:02 am »

Got diagnosed with depression, so now I can start getting it treated. It's mild, so it's likely going to be easily sorted out, too.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #183833 on: November 16, 2017, 03:47:31 pm »

That's good to hear!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #183834 on: November 16, 2017, 04:15:04 pm »

Got diagnosed with depression, so now I can start getting it treated. It's mild, so it's likely going to be easily sorted out, too.
Hope you start feeling better soon!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183835 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:15 pm »

Hehe, one would think one, wouldn't one...

Maybe it'll be sorted out in a couple weeks or months, but you shouldn't rely on that. It's very much possible that this is something that'll stay with you for a long time, like a stiff joint or a messed-up leg: Perfectly ignorable on good days, uncomfortable on bad ones, and generally something that won't go away, but can be lived with.

Don't build up possibly false expectations, is what I'm saying. I did that at one point, and it definitely didn't help me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #183836 on: November 16, 2017, 07:45:39 pm »

Must. Finish. Lillian Helsbrecht story.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #183837 on: November 16, 2017, 08:30:43 pm »

Little cafe in town got a renovation. Now it looks less like grandmas house and more like a restaurant
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #183838 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:53 pm »

Hehe, one would think one, wouldn't one...

Maybe it'll be sorted out in a couple weeks or months, but you shouldn't rely on that. It's very much possible that this is something that'll stay with you for a long time, like a stiff joint or a messed-up leg: Perfectly ignorable on good days, uncomfortable on bad ones, and generally something that won't go away, but can be lived with.

Don't build up possibly false expectations, is what I'm saying. I did that at one point, and it definitely didn't help me.

+1
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #183839 on: November 16, 2017, 10:10:38 pm »

So, The Tick is amazing. As someone who loved the books as a kid, all of their character work is spot on. They changed a lot things about the world, and about the characters themselves even, but they stayed almost uncannily true to the character of the characters.

It's so goddamn good. It's an 80 megaton nostalgia bomb of the best variety.

It's also surprisingly violent, all things considered. They do a damn good job of remembering that the kids who grew enamored with the tick when they were little are now all in their twenties or higher by now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 12254 12255 [12256] 12257 12258 ... 13326