Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12085 12086 [12087] 12088 12089 ... 13319

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15166358 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Difference between coming from a country with multiple revolutions and bloody governmental shifts or a country which had crazy at the top, poverty at the bottom, and knights and nobles comfortably impregnating everything that moved.

It's not the same if you're not a true heir, though.

But then again, I'm not either, though the nearest relative is just one step away - my mother. The primary branch of her family unfortunately dies with her and her sisters.
Similar- ish. My mother's line is the one I showed the crest of, but my local cluster is ending sadly. I have three aunts and two uncles to two different marriages, one uncle has had only girls and the other is gay (and unlikely to do kids).
Pity we currently do name by male and not by "who has the most famous/rich person up the line"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

In Sweden the nobility has been completely abolished (near to a few inheritance protections) so there would be no legal hindrance for Riddarhuset (House of Knights) to change it from strictly patrilinear to nomenlinear or whatever since it's basically just a hobby-esque thing here now. A hobby ran by a bunch of conservative old farts, unfortunately.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

On my father's side I'm mostly Scots, though nobody has really looked into exact lines. An aunt on my mother's side is a researcher with some interest in family history so I know more there. Lots of of little disparate stuff from medieval-era ancestors from all the fuck over, but more broadly it's mostly Brits. Some generic English surnames, some Scots whose records were lost in the journey and frontier life. Several lines from Ayrshire, some McPhersons, some Duffs, a couple Harris lines (one from Ireland), a direct line to the Lords of Galloway. An intact line back to Owain Glyndŵr. Also an intact 25-generation line back to Edward III (reinforced by the fact that there are a couple dual links from siblings and one pair of married second cousins).

But of course that's British descent for you. So much was lost for early settlers, but even just among the people who can trace back that far I expect most have some similar stories.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Scots just really like having clan badges and shit.

My family had like, a small-ass island. After that, they bummed around as mercenaries and shit.

Still had a badge and a kick-ass motto though: Conquer or Die.

Claimed descendence from Niall of the Nine Hostages though, so that's cool. High King of Ireland in 500~ or so AD. Probably mythical.

So basically I better start conquering or it'll be 1500 years and counting since "Conquer or Die" hasn't had Option B chosen.

(Ironic that I want to conquer death, eh? Considering.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • working hard or barely functioning?
    • View Profile

First conquer death, then use that foothold to invade the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To conquer death you only have to die.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I don't think that's conquering. More... joining.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Cant beat em, join em.

I havent taken the time to verify, because there are apparently multiple families with the same name (?), but it appears my family crest is badass:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The motto there is supposed to be "Virtue alone ennobles" according to wikipedia.
You know youre a real bastard offshoot when your only link to information about your family heritage is wikipedia...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

It's raining, there's thunder, and I finally actually understand the damped harmonic oscillator. Today is good.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that's conquering. More... joining.

It was said by JC Superstar, so it has to be true.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Been making super-amateur gameplay videos for MWO. Really feel for streamers and dedicated content creators even more now, it's a pain in the ass doing interesting commentary while trying to focus on the game. Definitely a fun way to pass time, even if the editing is extremely basic stuff.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Humm, things have happened today, and by that, i mean i managed a 25 minute drive to and from my cousins house solo (i'm not used to driving :v), and had a talk with her about anxiety and stuff. Unlike my parents, she very much knows what anxiety is like, and also offered some nice outside-perspective bluntness. Apparently it is PAINFULLY obvious that i don't really have that "appropriate to say" filter, but as it is, whenever i hear "... because others don't do it", i think like "... so?". Anyways, tangent; long story short, i may now have an actual battle plan to start tackling anxiety for good. As much as i might downplay it, the fact is that i am massively hampered by it, akin to having both feet balled and chained. Yes, i can move forward, but it'd be loads easier without fucking cannonballs chained to my ankles. The thought of being free from abnormal anxiety... Oh boy. I mean, i don't think it'll get flat out removed, but it'll get lessened and i'll get more tools to deal with what's left. That's still a MAJOR improvement.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

ZOG
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 12085 12086 [12087] 12088 12089 ... 13319