Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12084 12085 [12086] 12087 12088 ... 13319

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15166472 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I too have a family crest :U

A relative found it registered in a book at the library of turin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But according to this shady website its supposed to be this:

I don't trust you, shady heritage website.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:11:19 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Difference between coming from a country with multiple revolutions and bloody governmental shifts or a country which had crazy at the top, poverty at the bottom, and knights and nobles comfortably impregnating everything that moved.

It's not the same if you're not a true heir, though.

But then again, I'm not either, though the nearest relative is just one step away - my mother. The primary branch of her family unfortunately dies with her and her sisters.
Love, scriver~

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Am I the only one here of proletarian descent?
Something about Bay12 attract poor american people, and affluent people from literally anywhere else.

I am, in fact, something of an opposite of an american. And nevertheless last time I checked my bank account it had like a little over $10 (in my local currency). Not exactly rolling in dough, although not, by any means, poor, as evidenced by the fact that I have a bank account without a tremendous debt to my name and can tell you about it on the Internet, to which I have almost 24/7 access.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:27:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile

My heraldry wasn't exactly tradition or anything. My grandfather on my dad's side died a few years back, and when they went through his stuff they found some paper entailing membership in some sort of secret society. (Some sort of mason order offshoot? It wasn't very clear, and research on the web yielded absolutely nothing, so maybe it actualy was a secret thing.)

Anyways, our family crest was included on some of the papers along side various awards and recognitions, so thats how we found out about it. It showed up when we searched for our family crest on the interwebs as well, so im like 90% sure I don't just have some sort of secret society symbol tattooed on my chest.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Today I did my part to keep the neutral response neutral and restored the balance between like and dislike.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Only to be revealed when you rip off your clothes in acknowledgement of another member, gently chest bumping tattoos together in the super secret totally not gay society chest bump.

As for proletariat non-Americans, I guess I am? My family used to be rich-ish with servants and all, and there's a line to a nearby castle we're descended from but that's about it. Recent years have not been so kind, but since the plantation there have been [Blank]'s on the Hill!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing like the previous page to make you feel like a total pleb. I got nothing, no nobles or such in my ancestry as far as I know.

(time to claim descent from Genghis Khan!)

United Forenia Forever!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

You could always make something up and go hit people with foam like I do!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Nothing like the previous page to make you feel like a total pleb. I got nothing, no nobles or such in my ancestry as far as I know.

(time to claim descent from Genghis Khan!)
Me neither, if that makes you feel better...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

My family does have a crest, but it's a really basic bitch one. A red sinister and white dexter, with the fleur-de-lis laid across the center and its colors reversed. It's possible to make it with exactly the right colors in CKII though, which makes me happy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just won McDonalds monopoly prize by getting all four stations. Granted, it's only a TV box and free Sky for a year, but it's still better than nothing.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Digging all the Heraldic stuff :3

We do know my Mom's-Dad's lineage and Heraldry. On his Dad's side, he descends from a Swiss Mercenary Clan called the Aebersolds/Ebersoldt; "boar-soldiers," known for being incredibly tough and stubborn, to the point that they wouldn't even die properly when struck down on the battlefield (Note: this die-hard hopeful stubbornness has persisted in the family). According to his records, at one point they were incorporated into a regiment of the Swiss Guard. I don't have a picture of my Grandpa's Heraldry on hand, but it featured a green sapling with 7 symmetrical downward-curving branches, with spear-shaped leaves on the end of each (plus one at the top). This grew straight out of a short, green semicircular hill, with 2 red 6-pointed stars to either side at the top, all set against a silver field. His mom's side (which I know considerably less about) are the Harwoods, who apparently also have a crest though I've never personally seen it.

My BioDad's lineage is an unknown, and I can't track my Mom's-Mom's Saari lineage back to Finland either; they anglicized her Father Gustaf's surname heavily when he came to the US (as with many Finish-Americans, they chopped off the entire later half of the name because it was too foreign-sounding). We don't have good records other than that his family name meant "Head of Bear Island", and one of Grandma's siblings thinks it was "Saarenpää". Her mother's story is tough to figure out too; she was young and so excited to be getting married to the fella she met on the boat over here that, instead of giving her soon-to-be-overwritten-by-marriage Finnish family name when she was immigrating, she gave them the surname "Touhuilija", which translates to something like "Worthless/Garbage." It's unfortunate when trying to find her family, but I guess it was a fucking stupid sweet gesture? We think her last name might've been Teppo/Tapio, for an old Pagan Finnish God of travelers and hunters, but it's been hard to confirm.

Finally finished the latest Zelda. Was a good game.

I only started it a few days ago. Got far enough in that I started to get a good feel for it. I love the way they took Zelda in an open-world direction, yet kept the charming characters and slowly-unfolding story. The storytelling-through-environment is top-notch, the world is genuinely fun to explore, the way you scavenge for weapons and supplies works excellently, and I love the bite-sized puzzle dungeons and on-the-road encounters with other travelers and traders.

Also this incarnation of Link is So Absurdly Pretty I mean damn.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:48:48 pm by Solifuge »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

...Ah.  I was kinda expecting Gerudo Link, but that works too.

My heritage is probably pretty standard.  The maternal side is named after a worthy trade, the paternal dynasty was apparently granted to a heroic crusader.  (No, not Roland.  Though I don't think I noticed the connection before now).
It's hard to reconcile either story with what the families have become, though.  I suppose origins are just that:  origins.  Over a few centuries in the new world, these branches have found their own way.

Though that said, the maternal side is heavily Masonic.  And the paternal side is about as noblesse oblige as you can be in the middle class...  So much status play, passive aggression, and a mandate to fix the world because "only we can".

Elitists to the left of me, Fundies to the right, here I am - stuck in the middle with yall :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pleb, desist from over association with your betters.

You are not with us. We tolerate your ilk.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12084 12085 [12086] 12087 12088 ... 13319