Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12080 12081 [12082] 12083 12084 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15917208 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

[Please do not quote]

I MIGHT actually have a job with the government lined up. I was wired on coffee throughout the interview, due to the several hours drive.... I knew nearly everything they asked, including some of the very weird questions. I realize I looked odd, because I've been stressed beyond belief for quite some time. They didn't expect the answers they got, or the solutions in addition to the issue spotting.

This was one of those unfortunate things where they tried to save money by eliminating the position, but then realized it saved them literally 10 times what it costs.

I'm hoping this isn't some cluster where not having anybody doing this for so long has made it entirely impossible for one person to clean up the mess. It basically uses multiple types of expertise I have or understand enough to use well in the context required. I might actually have a shot if I can hold stuff together long enough.

[Please do not quote]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Good luck with that, remember to enjoy it whatever the outcome. Hope they haven't fubard things up too much haha

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Thank you. Actually, they have, but that's the whole point. The easy way and "can't we just" cost them over $600,000 so far. Do it right or do it over....

The questions are, can I dig them out fast enough and will they face the real world?

On another note, possibly moving, related.... Want POS duplex to fix up in halfway passable place. The housing issue is one of a new location. I don't know the neighborhoods, don't want a "nice" once, but don't want the police crime hub either. Somewhere halfway passable would work.  May... may actually have ability to exist/ live. May actually work out. I can fix this if I am actually given stability to do so and the whiners are still sore from the mess that caused this enough to be quiet. Might work, especially given the fact that the whiners have managed to get themselves caught and blamed (rightfully) so they may have no practical choice but to listen to me. I'm actually being viewed as the expert I am in the subject matter area, which is a rarity. I'm actually quite surprised, as the head of the department actually looked right at me and said, "Don't bullshit me, can you save this, really?" Yes.

I've never seen the government move towards hiring somebody so damn fast. They are notoriously slow as hell, though somehow already talking about a start date, assuming I pass the drug, background, and health tests.... Not an issue. Suspected influence factor, but unconfirmed. Either way, this might actually work.

In game related news, I've actually taken a single night to start a new fort, for the first time in years, minecarts are new and I'm not using them yet Not an issue. I've put forth some interesting architectural schemes giving each dwarf an insane amount of possessions, rooms, space. Etc. After only 2 years, I have 140 Dwarves, all with individual 3x3 rooms, fully furnished among multiple legendary dining rooms etc I may end up posting pictures, assuming the save doesn't break and I can somehow find time given this new development....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:06:32 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I'm waiting for the new release to play again, simply because by the time it gets released i'll have more free time. I'm about to start a 3 month training course in the capital's main police academy. I'm delivering close to 25 different documents to their human resources department this week, and the whole thing should be starting by may 3th.

I need to find a place to stay, altough the academy does have its own lodgings. At least I'll have a sweet badge and a gun, and there's a shop nearby that sells stuff exclusively to policemen, so I'll buy myself a sweet tactical belt, a concealed carry holster and some boots. Later I plan to fetch me a glock when I have the monies, which I may have sooner than expected as a client owes me about 45k due to a specially succesful lawsuit.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:48:03 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Replaced a tyre on my car.

Now, for the average person this means roughly fuck all, I suspect, but as someone that's done something approaching no handyman sort of work, it's nice to actually learn something that will likely help in the future.

You have reached Handyman Level One.

Now start on the next tier.

Change the fluids.

Level three is change the battery

And four is replace the break pads.

And then theres give up and take it to a mechanic because you cant figure out whats wrong with the temperature gauge.

I am dissapoint in you, son.

So... 
It's actually going kinda well.  I was going to go for a long hike today, but it's been raining all day, and yesterday and the day before too.  With some *impressive* winds!  I am rather obsessed with rain (and waves/nostalgia, sorry 'bout that...  haven't felt like sleeping recently...)

Just been listening to the storm rise and fall, napping, playing some rad indie platformers I got like Environmental Station Alpha and N, and having some surprisingly nice talks with family members.  I wasn't looking forward to this date, but it's actually been nice.  (I'm in the top 100 on a couple of N challenges, too!  My arrowkey fingers are glitching up, haha...)

Spoiler: Happy Birthday Rolan! (click to show/hide)

Love, scriver~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Scriver wtf is that

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Its a phallic being extending from some guy's chest. A perfect exerpt of both scriver's and rolan's sex life during their birthdays.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Happy birthday Rolan!

PREPARE THE IMAGE!

THE CORRECT IMAGE!

NOT ANY OF THOSE OTHER, INFERIOR IMAGES!

Also: Grats Truean!  That's awesome!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Alright so it's been over a year since I was last actively posting on Bay12?? Crazy right? I think I'd like to be active again, I've missed the good people here :) so hopefully I'll

To contribute to the thread and all that, a few days ago I applied late to this early college thing over in Alabama, but still got accepted! So I'll be on a campus there for about half the summer and I'm looking forward to it. I currently have a group of friends who are really pleasant and good and all that and things have generally been going really well these past few months, to give a very short accounting of some stuff lol

Happy birthday Rolan! I'm going to assume that the image BiggerFish is talking about is still the same one from forever ago and so

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

The deconstruction of THE IMAGE begins!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

@Worldmaster: Correct!

Hi!  Good to see you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Haha, thanks Scriver, TBF and WorldMaster (YAY you're back!!  Happy!) and WOAH MagmaMcFry that's cool O_O

I just got back from a great 10k hike in the light rain and I've got that after-workout exhaustion and satisfaction.  And a bunch of geodude candy!  Going to sleep so soundly now, particularly since the rain has picked back up a bit (:  Such a great sound.

(Post-hike birthday burrito was tofu with jalapeno tortilla, fresh-diced jalapenos, and spicy aioli sauce.  I like plain bland tofu just fine, but it's better spiced to high heaven and with spinach)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I managed to win USB simulator! Playing for ten straight hours paid off!

...i need to use the sleep now
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Reminds me of a question I was asked the other day that I can't think of a good answer to.

If you get bit by a radioactive rat, what superpowers do you develop?

The best I can think of is like, chewing through metal and stuff, or being able to ingest poison or explosives with no ill effects.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12080 12081 [12082] 12083 12084 ... 13327