Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11978 11979 [11980] 11981 11982 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826296 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [Sasaug] Orin and okuus confusing sausage factory. (Happy thread)
« Reply #179685 on: February 01, 2017, 02:13:37 am »

If it's actually activating the ads and not spoofing them I'd be worried about it clicking a malicious ad that starts a malware download. Not to mention that that seems like it might eat up system resources, especially if you're running a lot of tabs in your browser.

I had similar concerns. I downloaded that for Opera to see what's what in there, and apparently it has some mechanisms to avoid and block malicious download ads completely. Hopefully that works well.
Somehow I think its not intended to be taken to places with a flow of malicious ads, like filesharing sites and torrent trackers.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179686 on: February 01, 2017, 04:07:36 am »

Installed it.
The day I miss my chance to screw with an ad network or two is the day they fuckin' bury me.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179687 on: February 01, 2017, 06:12:19 am »

but what if you miss a beneficial ad because of that

I've heard those exist, somewhere in a hidden village on the Internet
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179688 on: February 01, 2017, 06:40:52 am »

Ahahaha
Who the hell told you that? Them's just fairytales for little kiddies.
Seriously though, I maintain that there is no such thing in principle. If a company or a store or whatever wants my business, then it has to make itself available to be found when I go looking. In this age, there is a ton of ways to do that. Thrusting the fact of its existence into my face in a vaguely sexual manner when I didn't ask for it isn't gonna endear it to me.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179689 on: February 01, 2017, 06:51:19 am »

L... like, okay. Just to make sure I'm not getting confused by the potential of regional dialect shift. When you say print envelope, you're talking about...?

Feeding envelopes into a printer so the addresses get on them, I'm guessing. There are settings in word processor software specifically for printing addresses on envelopes, you just need to adjust the input tray rails on the printer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:54:47 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179690 on: February 01, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

Some things I've ordered recently have arrived over the past couple of days.
Including an awesome shirt. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179691 on: February 01, 2017, 09:52:24 am »

BTW, my wife us 17 weeks pregnant, we'll be having our first child in July or late June. We're not going to find out the gender deliberately, so it will be surprise to us. We're both incredibly excited :)

Edit: As a side note, I purchased a Ruger .380 Compact Carry Automatic action pistol somewhat recently for my pregnant wife. I always (No, seriously, every day, all day) have a knife on my person, or close at hand. In public it's a legal-limit three inch fixed blade on my belt, at home it's an eight inch military-type dagger. But I worry for my wife, who is only 4'11 and maybe a hundred pounds now that she's pregnant. So I got her a small pistol to carry, just in case. With the issues in her past, I find it to be a prudent investment.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:18:56 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179692 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:34 am »

BTW, my wife us 17 weeks pregnant, we'll be having our first child in July or late June. We're not going to find out the gender deliberately, so it will be surprise to us. We're both incredibly excited :)

Edit: As a side note, I purchased a Ruger .380 Compact Carry Automatic action pistol somewhat recently for my pregnant wife. I always (No, seriously, every day, all day) have a knife on my person, or close at hand. In public it's a legal-limit three inch fixed blade on my belt, at home it's an eight inch military-type dagger. But I worry for my wife, who is only 4'11 and maybe a hundred pounds now that she's pregnant. So I got her a small pistol to carry, just in case. With the issues in her past, I find it to be a prudent investment.

Holy shit Hans, long time no see! I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you after all that stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179693 on: February 01, 2017, 10:43:29 am »

It's good to be back. :) I'll try to be on more often. And things are going great so far, minus a few minor incidents. (I almost killed a guy with an axe awhile back, good story.) It's my birthday tomorrow, also. That's the last happy I got for right now :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #179694 on: February 01, 2017, 11:20:56 am »

Congratulations! May your wife not shoot you in the midst of a marital spat!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179695 on: February 01, 2017, 11:31:50 am »

Ahahaha
Who the hell told you that? Them's just fairytales for little kiddies.
Seriously though, I maintain that there is no such thing in principle. If a company or a store or whatever wants my business, then it has to make itself available to be found when I go looking. In this age, there is a ton of ways to do that. Thrusting the fact of its existence into my face in a vaguely sexual manner when I didn't ask for it isn't gonna endear it to me.
But what if you don't even know what you're looking for

I have that thing where I look at something and discover that it was a thing I haven't even realized I needed before looking at it

it's a recurring problem and targeted ads could solve it quite nicely

if they, you know, were designed to do that
._.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #179696 on: February 01, 2017, 11:47:21 am »

My first day at the new job was not a complete train wreck. They didn't explain it well, but what I will actually be doing is acting as a legit legal assistant that sometimes does a little tech work and will be training newcomers to use a specific software that this particular lawyer uses once the firm expands back into a multi-partner firm. I do not have very big shoes to fill. The person in the position previous to me was an established, experienced legal assistant who did not know how to print envelopes.
From what I've heard, the legal profession is decades behind in technology. To the point where one of the lawyers where my sister's fiance works uses a typewriter

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #179697 on: February 01, 2017, 11:53:58 am »

Oddly enough, I vaguely remember there being legitimate reasons to still be using a typewriter. Want to say something about specific forms or types of paper you're not supposed to use a normal printer on.

That said, most places that have a large chunk of older employees tend to be lagging behind a bit, and lawyering definitely is one of those.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #179698 on: February 01, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »

But what if you don't even know what you're looking for
I have that thing where I look at something and discover that it was a thing I haven't even realized I needed before looking at it
it's a recurring problem and targeted ads could solve it quite nicely
if they, you know, were designed to do that

Do you want to drain planets resources via overconsumption? Because that's how you do it. With an artificially created over-the-top level of demand advertisement industry is creating.

*in hippy voice* Think of the planet, maaaaan.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #179699 on: February 01, 2017, 12:13:41 pm »

Oddly enough, I vaguely remember there being legitimate reasons to still be using a typewriter.
Typewriters are pretty hard to hack remotely.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 11978 11979 [11980] 11981 11982 ... 13326