Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11900 11901 [11902] 11903 11904 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806472 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178515 on: December 02, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »

Finally got the results from my blood tests back. The only thing of concern is my cholesterol levels, which I figured would be the case. But beyond that, everything is fine. I'm not diabetic at least.
good! I have a brother who has high cholesterol, and I have high blood pressure, but at least you can still eat sweets. God I love sweets

Also, happy birthday misko!
nooooooooooooo

diabetics can still eat sweets

please stop spreading this ubran lergend

(sorry)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178516 on: December 02, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

Finally got the results from my blood tests back. The only thing of concern is my cholesterol levels, which I figured would be the case. But beyond that, everything is fine. I'm not diabetic at least.
good! I have a brother who has high cholesterol, and I have high blood pressure, but at least you can still eat sweets. God I love sweets

nooooooooooooo

(sorry)
my bad, was just making a generality which must've left some confusion

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178517 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:16 pm »

nooooooooooooo

(sorry)
Well it's sorta complicated I guess...  They certainly can, and in some cases they might *really need to ASAP* (low blood sugar), but they can't eat sweets nearly as casually as other people.  At least based on my dad and brother, they have to counteract it with a large (and precise!) amount of insulin, and frankly their blood sugar still spikes noticeably.

My little brother pretty much cut simple sugars from his diet, and I kinda did too, which is actually a happy...  Sugar has *waaay* more "kick" for us now, when we do have it (:  I'm also happy for stevia, and for being brought up on diet soda (when we had soda at all).  Long-term temperance has a hell of a payoff.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #178518 on: December 02, 2016, 10:39:48 pm »

nooooooooooooo

(sorry)
Well it's sorta complicated I guess...  They certainly can, and in some cases they might *really need to ASAP* (low blood sugar), but they can't eat sweets nearly as casually as other people.  At least based on my dad and brother, they have to counteract it with a large (and precise!) amount of insulin, and frankly their blood sugar still spikes noticeably.

My little brother pretty much cut simple sugars from his diet, and I kinda did too, which is actually a happy...  Sugar has *waaay* more "kick" for us now, when we do have it (:  I'm also happy for stevia, and for being brought up on diet soda (when we had soda at all).  Long-term temperance has a hell of a payoff.
I'm a diabetic, so I can verify what you're saying - correct. But with insulin pumps (or just a needle and a calculator), that "large and precise" dose is rather easy to give. (And large is relative - insulin is very potent. I only use a tenth of a teaspoon every day.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178520 on: December 03, 2016, 01:07:31 am »

...can it wait until tomorrow?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178522 on: December 03, 2016, 01:16:48 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178524 on: December 03, 2016, 02:10:30 am »

It's your cakeday.  YOU WILL HAVE CAKEDAY MEMES AND LIKE THEM.

But...If you don't want them, I'll respect that.
Sigtext

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178525 on: December 03, 2016, 02:26:15 am »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #178526 on: December 03, 2016, 02:39:07 am »

Spoiler: I've got it! I've got- (click to show/hide)
I love the face of the dog in the background.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178527 on: December 03, 2016, 02:53:24 am »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but this article is really interesting.
http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178528 on: December 03, 2016, 03:49:04 am »

That would fit well in ameripol too. Once the discussion is less... animated.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #178529 on: December 03, 2016, 07:52:41 am »

Ahh, i went and bought me some nice earplugs (... and a big fat bag of candy now that i was in the city anyways). After a few failed tries, i have successfully figured out how to shove them into my ears, and oh man everything is so quiet. They don't deafen me completely, of course, but maybe i can finally get to sleep through noisy drunk people outside. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 11900 11901 [11902] 11903 11904 ... 13325