Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11901 11902 [11903] 11904 11905 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15804484 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178530 on: December 03, 2016, 07:55:22 am »

Pretty much the same, but I'd add a "I do like presents and eating anywhere I want" bit to it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #178531 on: December 03, 2016, 08:43:43 am »

Injured bird seems to have only taken feather damage. Gives it pretty decent odds of living, especially since it hasn't succumbed to shock. Guess I'll be feeding a dove for a while.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178532 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:07 am »

Decided to add some codestrings to display all numbers taking part in critical damage system to figure out, where is the problem, turns out, that majority of rolls are not exact numbers but 3.004, 1.24 and other numbers like that, and code for critical damage was recognizing only exact numbers  :D

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178533 on: December 03, 2016, 10:20:10 am »

Decided to add some codestrings to display all numbers taking part in critical damage system to figure out, where is the problem, turns out, that majority of rolls are not exact numbers but 3.004, 1.24 and other numbers like that, and code for critical damage was recognizing only exact numbers  :D
Wait, why are your rolls floats instead of ints? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just makes me curious about how your roll system is structured.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178534 on: December 03, 2016, 11:20:29 am »

Wait, why are your rolls floats instead of ints? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just makes me curious about how your roll system is structured.
My code can probably drive you insane with its uglyness, so beware.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The whole deal was with using random(n) instead of irandom(n)
module system can seem somewhat retarded too, as it is basicly : module = 3 by default, 3 = fine 2 = crippled/malfunctioning 1 = SHITISFUCKED
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:52:26 am by sprinkled chariot »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178535 on: December 03, 2016, 11:49:58 am »

I used to not like birthdays for reasons similar to that? After a few lonely years spent feeling crappy from the season change and just sleeping through it, I started to change my opinion. It helps if I get out and see people, so I started using it as an excuse to push myself to do that. I'm almost used to it, now!

Injured bird seems to have only taken feather damage. Gives it pretty decent odds of living, especially since it hasn't succumbed to shock. Guess I'll be feeding a dove for a while.

Hey, they had a collision with a window or something? If so, that can stun and concuss them, and prevent coordinated flying temporarily. Look for a trend to tilt the head to one side while trying to keep it still. </BirbLaldy>

Unless it's really just feather damage? And not wing damage they're being tender about? In which case, cool beans! Enjoy your temporary resident, don't feed them bread or whatever, and I hope it goes great!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #178536 on: December 03, 2016, 01:20:36 pm »

No idea what happened to him, probably a cat or possibly one of our dogs. Doubt the latter, probably wouldn't have lived through the experience. He definitely didn't just bounce off a window, I deal with that all the time. :P No, distinctly attacked. He's down all but one tail feather and most of his secondaries, which has left an oozing sore on his elbow, but as it happens he can still fly (barely and slightly aimlessly, I don't think he can perch without his tail either). I mean, it is wing damage, but it's not flesh or bone damage, which are more problematic.

So he flew up to the edge of the fence of his enclosure, and made a break for freedom. Luckily, that was another dog-proofed area, so we left him there. He vanished a few hours ago, and I think I saw him chilling on the roof. Gonna just hope he lives.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #178537 on: December 03, 2016, 01:34:12 pm »

+1 for the compassion dude. Could've done with a vet visit, but that shizzle's expensive, and you did a lot more than most. Kudos.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178538 on: December 04, 2016, 03:34:06 am »

I'm happily drunk and I made an Overwatch friend. I got flirted with a handful of times. Someone touched my butt. (Although I was clothed at the time and it was probably an accident, given the workplace setting. Although, it was a cute coworker and not some random schlob, so I'll take it.) Today was a pretty good day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178539 on: December 04, 2016, 03:50:34 am »

I'd like to think that those events are all related.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178540 on: December 04, 2016, 04:08:37 am »

Two of the three are indeed!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178541 on: December 04, 2016, 04:10:05 am »

Two out of three ain't bad
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178542 on: December 04, 2016, 04:11:33 am »

This is acceptable. Just be sure to build up higher C-C-C-COMBO happies in future.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #178543 on: December 04, 2016, 04:42:51 am »

Oooo boy, i am very glad i bought those ear plugs, because otherwise i would have had a TERRIBLE night. This morning there are people who quite literally haven't slept at all due to partying all night, and they're still rather obviously drunk. I don't envy them in the slightest for how this day is going to proceed for them. I, on the other hand, have slept decently, thanks to my new "fuck your sounds" option. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #178544 on: December 04, 2016, 06:07:27 am »

I strategically target party-risk nights and go to sleep early, in the hopes I sleep through them. It's actually worked a few times, judging by the smell of booze in the hall come morning.

Also, happy: Two weeks until home going!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11901 11902 [11903] 11904 11905 ... 13325