Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11669 11670 [11671] 11672 11673 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788966 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: [*KHEZUNOISES*] What is even a whole orange (Happy thread)
« Reply #175050 on: August 31, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »

But nobody is an ubernerd, because an ubernerd communicates only through computers.

jk
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175051 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:07 pm »

So my game design teacher tried Angry Laser Space (my own game in development, in case you don't know) today. He was very visibly frustrated on many occasions, but honestly i can relate, i played through the game on Hard before laying it upon my fellow game design bros and singular broette, and well, it actually was hard. I had many giggles watching and listening to his outbursts, but it kept him captivated in spite of all the deaths though, so i've clearly done something right. :v

Another weird thing is that i STILL can't quite get my head around the fact that people like me and see me as part of the group. I've always felt like a bit of an outsider and a bit below everyone else, but here, even if i'm prone to farting in solitude in the evenings and not partying loudly, people totally respect that and consider me an equal. I mean, i respect their partyhardy ways too (as long as they don't fuck up my nights), but i don't feel like i've done anything to deserve it. I guess that's just my low self-esteem speaking. :P
I always figured the reason you named it Angry Laser Space was because of its rage-inducing properties :P

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #175052 on: August 31, 2016, 10:11:03 pm »

Well of course. Spending all day as a polar bear pushing your head across the snow will do that to a person/
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175053 on: September 01, 2016, 07:37:25 am »

I feel like I'm putting on muscle under all this fap.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175054 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:47 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #175055 on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:25 am »

Found The Black Cauldron on DVD in Giant Eagle today. Far from a cinematic masterpiece, but I'd been trying to find it on Netflix or Hulu for awhile for nostalgias. Watched as kid, forgot most of it. But now I can know its hilarious awfulness.

Plot is that basically Skeletor wants the titular Cauldron cuz it was forged from the soul of Sauron and can give him an undead army, kid who is a farmer of psychic pigs is supposed to keep psychic pig away from Skeletor so it won't tell him where cauldron is, but kid fails so hard he might as well have just walked up to the dude and handed it over, by playing pretend while it wanders off and then wasting time with a talking monkey thing.
Then right before psypig gives up the location kid uses plot armor to grab psypig and run off in the middle of Skeletor's army barracks, then tosses psypig into the moat.

Gets captured, random princess breaks him out and he finds magic sword that was just lying around in the castle's crypt, then practically goes power mad while using it to escape. Note that they didn't get out because he was good at swording, or that the magic was powerful, they got out because Skeletor's army stood around being dumbfounded. This is a running theme.

So they all stand around in a forest, have a random fight cuz kid thinks he's a badass suddenly, and talking monkey thing gets them all sucked into a whirlpool. Here they meet some fairies who just so happen to know the exact location of the cauldron, who are all hiding right next to Skeletor's castle. One takes them to the swamp where the cauldron is cuz kid wants to destroy it, showing exactly zero knowledge of what fucking genre he's in. Here they break and enter into the house of three witches, who after another pointless fight where kid is super possessive of the sword he stole (the witches say he could be "the greatest warrior" with it, LOLNO) trades the cauldron for his sword and the witches tell him that cauldron is indestructible but can be deactivated if someone willingly climbs in, which is lethal.

Witches disappear along with their house and everything in it and Skeletor's army instantly appears to take the cauldron, and re-capture everyone but talking monkey thing. So Skeletor activates cauldron, gets like five skeletons out of it while bragging how no ones ever had such a awesome army, then talking monkey thing comes back and unties kid and princess, kid goes to try and jump in cauldron, but monkey jumps in first. Skeletons all fall down, Skeletor comes back to see wtf happened, cauldron starts sucking everything around into it, Skeletor tries to throw kid in cauldron, but ends up slowly moonwalking to it cuz no one can do anything in this movie without absurd failure, Skeletor dies, cauldron conveniently implodes and takes castle with it while our "heroes" escape.

Witches appear to try and take the cauldron, but "heroes" want to bargain, witches offer sword, but kid turns down asking instead to have monkey thing back. Witches say this is impossible, but then immediately do it anyway. Everyone lives happily ever after or something.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #175056 on: September 01, 2016, 09:08:20 am »

Quote from: September 2016 Bay12 Report
There's a PAX Dev panel this morning, a talk at an independent games festival in Korea some days later, and then the Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco on the 17th
Oh my Armok Toady is going to Korea
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175057 on: September 01, 2016, 09:41:50 am »

So my game design teacher tried Angry Laser Space (my own game in development, in case you don't know) today. He was very visibly frustrated on many occasions, but honestly i can relate, i played through the game on Hard before laying it upon my fellow game design bros and singular broette, and well, it actually was hard. I had many giggles watching and listening to his outbursts, but it kept him captivated in spite of all the deaths though, so i've clearly done something right. :v

Do you need another tester?

There's a PAX Dev panel this morning, a talk at an independent games festival in Korea some days later, and then the Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco on the 17th
Is cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175058 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

He needs an excuse to get over there to check up on the Kim-bot running his RL fortress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #175059 on: September 01, 2016, 03:59:38 pm »

Do you need another tester?
I always need testers. ;o
Really though, in terms of work that needs doing, we're not THAT far off from 1.0 now. Besides the final boss, it's MOSTLY cosmetics, but ones that are necessary to complete the feel of the game. That being said, i'm still sorely tempted to release a last pre-1.0 version soon, simply because we've been keeping you guys waiting for so long, and well, there's actually quite a few tweaks done since v0.9 (... and a neat "zoom distortion" effect when particularly big booms happen!). I just hope it'll be worth the wait. :v

also today was a goot day

i liked today
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #175060 on: September 01, 2016, 04:18:12 pm »

Is there a way to securely store audio files online? (not music, sound recordings).

Something only I would have access to them, but they would be securely and ideally without cost, stored somewhere else?

Would I be able to send these to myself as an email attachment?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #175061 on: September 01, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

I fucking hate your game shook.

It makes me so really fucking frustrated.

And angry.

It makes me an Angry Laser Space.
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175062 on: September 01, 2016, 04:40:19 pm »

@Truean:Uhh, well, there's a whole bunch of cloud storage platforms, but...It depends on what you want them secured from.

Seems like a job for the Small Random Questions Thread or Computer Advice Thread more than Happy Thread, honestly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175063 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »

Truean, Dropbox would work. Free, decent size limit for free users, and you can email yourself a link to the files you want (or just log in elsewhere to download).

Security's about the same as any other cloud storage though, it's theoretically vulnerable but unlikely unless the CIA is trying to find your shit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #175064 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:54 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160353.msg7159474#msg7159474

Thank you.

Overall I'm glad I found something that works for me in terms of method but storage seems to be an issue. That was my perhaps flawed thinking.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 11669 11670 [11671] 11672 11673 ... 13325