Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11667 11668 [11669] 11670 11671 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789073 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [*KHEZUNOISES*] What is even a whole orange (Happy thread)
« Reply #175020 on: August 30, 2016, 12:53:37 am »

Because you aren't invited.

Pow.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #175021 on: August 30, 2016, 02:19:35 am »

I bought a pair of canvas shoes yesterday, that I find pleasantly comfortable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175022 on: August 30, 2016, 03:30:17 am »

Ahh, refreshing beers after some hard yakka. Normally I prefer to skip the yakka and go straight to the beer, but :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175023 on: August 30, 2016, 06:20:04 am »

Beer is always better after yakka.
Beer is always worse after beer.

Ergo, beer whilst you work.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175024 on: August 30, 2016, 06:38:50 am »

why don't we all make songs about how great heroin is

i mean, it's statistically about as bad
I'm sure they're out there. But--and as I'm neither an alcoholic nor a heroin addict this is all second-hand--heroin is both more destructive (because you quickly become used to a given dose and need more to achieve the same high) and more malevolent (because of the utter lack of direct downsides; it hurts you by soaking up all your money and raising your standard for feeling good/okay beyond what normal life can achieve rather than making you feel shitty after the high ends).

There are casual drinkers. There aren't casual heroin users, not for very long at any rate.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175025 on: August 30, 2016, 07:10:58 am »

I finished VA-11 Hall-A! It's probably the best Visual Novel I've played since Phoenix Wright. Waifus aplenty, fantastic soundtrack, and bloody brilliant execution of setting coupled with cozy writing. A+.

(also i seriously recommend it to gunner-chan tbh)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175026 on: August 30, 2016, 10:59:59 am »

The weather is perfect this morning: crisp, clean, and overcast. Don't have to squint, even.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175027 on: August 30, 2016, 11:51:36 am »

It's 12:42am and I've only enough time to post one thing in the next few hours.

I've been reading into Warhammer 40k recently, and I came across a link in the thread (which I'm not cross-posting because my newbox has 5 pages of unread stuff due to BUSYNESS), which depicts the story-as-a-game(?) of how a Planetary Governor would be in the 43rd Millenium--it's a huge read and brought a huge feeling of nostalgia of around 5-ish years ago when I joined this awesome forum due to the writing quality and how I've only noticed several pieces of the story being written by readers in just an hour or so. Reading turns and actions piece by piece and the stories that came with it, along with the humanistic awesomeness that comes with living in a world that really likes to kill you (because everything living on it is aliens and driven by thoughts) also helps my mood and has been pretty much stabilizing my stress levels lately--because my Final Thesis Defense is planned to be in September, or October at worst!
Also I've spotted a few Bay12ers hanging around there--like 10ebbor10 and Andres, but that's skipping 1600+ pages in or so. So yay other familiar people. \o/

I still have no idea what an Omake is.

Edeet: Eep, new page!
...Still pretty happy about B12 in general, and of education and learning as a whole. Hooray capability of thought and other nice things.
And thanks Avis! :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:59:31 am by Tiruin »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175028 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:02 am »

It's like an extra story that bears no relation to the main plot. Like a random piece about two characters going to a hot spring or whatever. It doesn't even have to be fully canon, in that the events in the omake might never have transpired, the author just had a what-if moment and wrote it out.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #175029 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

Had my first music class today, and i gotta say, our teacher is fantastic. He is a highly competent musician, a great singer (sings while playing the piano, NOT AN EASY THING TO DO), a good teacher, and an overall very likable fellow who clearly enjoys what he's doing. I'm not a gifted singer or musician at all (in fact i need to find a better singing voice because this is strenuous for my vocal chords), but man, i think i'm going to like this class, it's so chill. c:

Curiously enough, the class about creativity isn't really striking a chord (HAR DI HAR, MOTHERFUCKERS) with me. We even had about drawing today, but it just felt like a giant clusterfuck. The whole point of it is to stop worrying about right and wrong, and instead just let your creativity flow like delicious honey from a busted beehive. I found it stressful to do so many small things; to me, even if i'm impatient, art requires time, and it pains me to leave a drawing unfinished in the middle of a phase. I much prefer abandoning a sketch on my own instead of being forced to by an arbitrary time limit. I guess my problem is that drawing is basically the only time of the day where my mind actually slows down and stops worrying about time limits, so you can see how TURBOSKETCHINGWITHTIMELIMIT doesn't mesh very well with that. That besides, trying to be creative on demand is stressful, but the only alternative to this class is photography class, and well, i'm not interested in that. :I

The third "optional" class, which is about the mind and thoughts and such, is okay so far, so that's pretty cool. Overall a good day, although i have to say that i'm surprised to learn that creativity class is the one i like the least. I'm also starting to get the feeling that my arting isn't "meant" to be more than a hobby, since it strikes me that i'm actually not keen on having to draw for several hours every day. I'm also slowwwwwwwwwly making my way towards figuring out what i want with my life, and so far, i'm thinking that i just want a chill job that leaves me with enough time, money and energy to pursue my hobbies. Not very ambitious, but honestly, i'm not even sure if i WANT to reach for the stars due to how much effort that takes. If i happen upon the stars by chance, sure, but i'm really a lot less concerned about ascending constantly than i am about enjoying the limited time i have. Alas, the two don't necessarily coincide. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #175030 on: August 30, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »

I accidentally put a spoon of instant coffee in my milo. I might have to make that mistake again in the future.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175031 on: August 30, 2016, 03:19:41 pm »

Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Took my token 'hates all authority' companion to a fancy ball, got to hear her being introduced before the court as 'Lady Mai Bhalsych, of Korse'
Good for a laugh.

Link for the full humor.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175032 on: August 30, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »

I've been reading into Warhammer 40k recently, and I came across a link in the thread (which I'm not cross-posting because my newbox has 5 pages of unread stuff due to BUSYNESS), which depicts the story-as-a-game(?) of how a Planetary Governor would be in the 43rd Millenium--it's a huge read and brought a huge feeling of nostalgia of around 5-ish years ago when I joined this awesome forum due to the writing quality and how I've only noticed several pieces of the story being written by readers in just an hour or so. Reading turns and actions piece by piece and the stories that came with it, along with the humanistic awesomeness that comes with living in a world that really likes to kill you (because everything living on it is aliens and driven by thoughts) also helps my mood and has been pretty much stabilizing my stress levels lately--because my Final Thesis Defense is planned to be in September, or October at worst!
Also I've spotted a few Bay12ers hanging around there--like 10ebbor10 and Andres, but that's skipping 1600+ pages in or so. So yay other familiar people. \o/

...Still pretty happy about B12 in general, and of education and learning as a whole. Hooray capability of thought and other nice things.
Hi!

Yeah, I write a good few Omake there. Sidestories, in essence. I have the same username there as here. Fair warning, at one point, the GM gives marriage options, and there's a bit of an explosion about polyamory and it's morality. It's not fun.

Feel free to pitch in, BTW, if my writings can get put in, so can pretty much anyone who can spell.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175033 on: August 30, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »

Successfully navigated a high-profile social situation and made a good impression on pretty much everyone there. I even met a girl and got her number, and made plans for Friday night. It's as though at least 80% of my social awkwardness disappeared shortly after my 21st birthday or something.

I also had a shouting match (that I didn't start by the way) with one of my least favorite people, a former boss (who I now know was fired for abusing prescription pills) I met by chance in the parking lot of a local Walmart. That might not be happy thread material for some people, but let me tell you being able to tell this guy exactly what I thought of him has released a weight I hardly even realized I was carrying.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175034 on: August 30, 2016, 04:44:46 pm »

Hi!

Yeah, I write a good few Omake there. Sidestories, in essence. I have the same username there as here. Fair warning, at one point, the GM gives marriage options, and there's a bit of an explosion about polyamory and it's morality. It's not fun.

Feel free to pitch in, BTW, if my writings can get put in, so can pretty much anyone who can spell.

Ooh, Embers in the Dusk is a good'un.

By the by, Tiruin, if you'd like recommendations for other high-quality quests with a big backlog of reading like that, there are some others out there, depending on your interests. Also the SilverClawShift Campaign Archives; those are the best campaign journal writeups I've ever seen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11667 11668 [11669] 11670 11671 ... 13325