Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11186 11187 [11188] 11189 11190 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755545 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167805 on: January 26, 2016, 11:10:56 am »

I tried playing Magicka for about 15 minutes or so.  Seems good enough, but my middle mouse button is busted so I put it on the back burner for the time being.

Is there a generic "multiplayer request" thread in the Other Games forum?  Seems like something that could be useful.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167806 on: January 26, 2016, 11:16:27 am »

I did my math exam. I think I did okay.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167807 on: January 26, 2016, 11:41:43 am »

I could join in the magicka I guess, since I've hardly played it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #167808 on: January 26, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

Apparently I have Magicka in my Steam Library. Might join in as well.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #167809 on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:25 am »

I tried playing Magicka for about 15 minutes or so.  Seems good enough, but my middle mouse button is busted so I put it on the back burner for the time being.

Is there a generic "multiplayer request" thread in the Other Games forum?  Seems like something that could be useful.
Heads up about this, but Magicka can be very fiddly when first trying to get multiplayer to work. In most cases once the game is actually up and everyone is connected things work more or less smoothly, but at times it can be very difficult to get the server to acknowledge that everyone is connected, and that difficulty reoccurs anytime somebody encounters a rare crash in-game.

Still really fun, especially with voice chat ("Dude! Stop calling down lightning bolts when we're busy fighting a horde of pygmies with our giant stick lightning rods") and doubly so if you make sure to every once in a while stop killing each other over and over again and actually advance the story. (Most of our gameplay consisted of purposely accidentally catching each other in the crossfire of large-scale indiscriminate magic casting, followed by occasional bursts of massive story advancement during short truces that tended to last until someone died [at which point the giant explosions caused by our common use of the phoenix spell to bring people back instead of the revive spell would tend to cause a bit of a breakdown]).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167810 on: January 26, 2016, 12:09:37 pm »

In elementary, I had to read A Wrinkle in Time.  I don't remember it particularly well, but the plot seemed really incoherent.  These kids find these old women who aren't old women, they bounce around a bunch of random dimensions, and then they kill this brain thing ruling over this  town by thinking really weirdly.  And that's the story.

Hey, I remember reading that book too. Not for school, but still. I remember it being equally incoherent was well. Also something about highways and lions using wheels for transportation. And some child monster thing? I might reread the book and get back to you on that, because I read the sequel as well which is probably affecting my memory of A Wrinkle in Time. Somehow the sequel was even more incoherent if my memory isn't failing me.

EDIT: A quick burst of wikipedia indicates that the novel is a blend of fantasy, science fiction and Christianity so... Yeah. CS Lewis is apparently a big influence on the works.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:37:20 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167811 on: January 26, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »

For you Magicka folk I made a general Multiplayer Request thread for anyone who wants to schedule this, or any other game for that matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167812 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:01 pm »

I own both Magicka 1 and 2. Both are fun.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #167813 on: January 26, 2016, 04:58:39 pm »

My friend gave me a bunch of stuffed animals because I didn't have any :D :D :D

5 to be exact: two cats, a seal, a canary, and a dog with bunny ears :O

Related happy: I gave away the canary and the seal away to a couple friends and it made them really happy, and the girl I gave the canary to is friends with one of my friend's sister (the friend who gave me the stuffed animals, in fact) and so I later found out that that she was talking about me and the stuffed animal made her really happy and this is good I'm really happy lol

Also it's hilarious because my friend stole the canary from her sister then gave it to me which I then gave to my friend who is also her sister's friend and in a way it's just a really round-about way of her sister giving her friend a gift lmao

but wait! there's more! For psychology today, since we're on our unit of developmental psychology, my teacher brought in her two children (aged 2 & 4) and let me tell you they were soooo adorable! Children can be great :v

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #167814 on: January 26, 2016, 05:41:36 pm »

School ended 15 minutes early today. Hooray.

The enthusiasm has kinda ran out, admittedly, since it's been six hours or so since school ended, but still. 's neat.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167815 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:06 pm »

Prepare the image?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167816 on: January 26, 2016, 06:23:54 pm »

Spoiler: Image, as requested. (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167817 on: January 26, 2016, 07:49:19 pm »

today i got that rush of something or other, adrenaline or some other hormone, that I used to get when I was a middling teenager and basically any girl talked to me whatsoever, except it was just a dude sitting next to me on the bus, but like this guy was really hot okay

and that sorta suggests that i'm somewhat biologically bisexual
that's convenient, I think

One of my mates got to read The Prince as his. Changed his life, apparently

The Prince is amazing. The best perceived difficulty/actual difficulty ratio of any book that I know of. It's pretty short and not too hard a read, but people are like "woah machiavelli are you like some sort of smart?".

The really excellent thing about The Prince is the way its readers self-sort themselves into groups based on whether they can read for subtext and distinguish genuine from assumed opinions (or at least read beyond the text itself, even if they're not clever enough to notice anything off themselves). If someone ever talks about The Prince in the stereotypical, superficial "lol manual to immoral tyranny, Machiavelli is such a scheming jerk" way without any indication of knowledge or awareness beyond that, it's a clear indicator that they're not someone you should listen to when it comes to literature.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167818 on: January 26, 2016, 07:52:25 pm »

Oh hey, it's actually Vector's birthday according to the calendar!  Though I think they made better cakes than this one?  Still, happy birthday!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167819 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:13 pm »

Happy Birthday, Vector!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11186 11187 [11188] 11189 11190 ... 13325