Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11184 11185 [11186] 11187 11188 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755484 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167775 on: January 25, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »

@quinnr:Yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167776 on: January 25, 2016, 10:04:50 pm »

I am being far more social despite my complete lack of time to do so, and I'm kind of stopping the whole thing where I convince myself that everybody I'm speaking with doesn't actually want to be speaking with me. That's always fun. Also finally getting my acne stuff under control. Maybe. We'll see about that one. (Any advice would be welcome because it's been meh for years and sucks.)

Honestly, just talking to more people and being cheerful worked for me.
Yeah  that did wonders for my acne too.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167777 on: January 25, 2016, 10:37:06 pm »

Ooh. Mandatory reading of my youth.
8th: Hatchet
9th: Lord of the flies
10th: Rom & Jul
11th: -
12th: Farenheit 451
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167778 on: January 25, 2016, 10:47:34 pm »

I was the type of kid who had already read the mandatory reading books before they were given.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #167779 on: January 25, 2016, 10:51:37 pm »

We had to read To Kill a Mockingbird, which is painfully irrelevant for NZ, but apparently muh black oppression is something that's totally your problem, students.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167780 on: January 25, 2016, 10:56:27 pm »

First day at the new job. I was strangely bewildered by supervisors who actually mean "clock out when your shift's over" when they say it instead of "you don't fucking leave until the work's done, but we'll fudge your hours so you don't get overtime".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167781 on: January 25, 2016, 10:58:32 pm »

Just replace Maori and Aborigine (granted the latter is mostly Australia) and it totally fits. Shut up.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167782 on: January 25, 2016, 10:59:42 pm »

@Tack
They actually had you read Fahrenheit 451?  Nice!
We read Animal Farm, but not 1984.  Jeez, 1984.

Also, some of my friends really hated Shakespeare, but I loved every bit.  Even Rome and Juliet which was pretty meaningful by modern standards (the war between houses).  Hamlet was more evidently rife with meaning.  We even touched on Macbeth, though I remember it being super rushed and coming away with "Wow, that prince was really indecisive".

It was only later that my father pointed out stuff like "Maybe the apparition calling for strife wasn't actually his father".  Or showing me Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Though I rewatched that recently and still can't tell you what the fuck it means, much less what happened.  Surreal tennis in hell or something.

We had to read To Kill a Mockingbird, which is painfully irrelevant for NZ, but apparently muh black oppression is something that's totally your problem, students.
Well...  I live in the South US but it wasn't *directly* relevant.  It's not like we directly experienced racism anything like what was pictured.  It's more a reminder of what happened in the recent past, so that we don't repeat it.  And can be easily applied to "others" even ignoring race.  I mean, I don't think the kid who hides in the house is even black.  Just handicapped maybe.

Also I don't know about you personally, but it's not like Oceania doesn't have natives.

Edit:  Descan be nice :|
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167783 on: January 25, 2016, 11:00:07 pm »

I was strangely bewildered by supervisors who actually mean "clock out when your shift's over" when they say it instead of "you don't fucking leave until the work's done, but we'll fudge your hours so you don't get overtime".

Well it is your first day.  Maybe they're trying to make a good first impression.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167784 on: January 25, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »

@FD:Your old employers were proooobably doing something illegal...

@All The EngLit Discussion:We have more than one book per year.  Or per semester.  Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167785 on: January 25, 2016, 11:09:12 pm »

They were almost certainly doing more than one thing that was illegal. Another excellent quote: "If any of you try to organize, if we hear any talk about unions, you're all fucking fired."

'course that's just supervisors talking crap, not official policy from the top. To boot they paid better than minimum wage for seasonal work, didn't need anything more than a call asking "hey, you hiring right now" once your foot was in the door, and it kept me in better shape than any gym I could have paid for.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167786 on: January 25, 2016, 11:25:24 pm »

The "shut up" was just a joke, sorry Rolan <3 Like "I know it doesn't fit but shush you."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #167787 on: January 26, 2016, 12:00:36 am »

Oh yeah, it's indirectly relevant, sure. I'm just complaining because I remember the whole black American racism thing being emphasised for no apparent reason.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #167788 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

Just finished Dragon's Dogma. Don't think I'll be playing it again for a very long time, since the only option is a New Game +. I will likely never collect on my rewards for the last Ur-Dragon battle. And that's okay. The biggest happy here is, I can no longer convince myself to do "just one more thing". Any conceivable undertaking will be a multi-hour slog to get past the opening stages up to something I missed on the first go-round, like seducing the Duke's wife.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #167789 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:23 am »

Ooh. Mandatory reading of my youth.
8th: Hatchet
9th: Lord of the flies
10th: Rom & Jul
11th: -
12th: Farenheit 451
Here's mine:
8th: -
9th: -
10th: The Merchant of Venice
11th: MacBeth
11th Do-over: The Lord of the Flies
12th: Hamlet
12th Do-over: The Stone Angel
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 11184 11185 [11186] 11187 11188 ... 13325