Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11006 11007 [11008] 11009 11010 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15905625 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165105 on: November 13, 2015, 02:02:58 pm »

Made another release of my 3D dwarf fortress viewer.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #165106 on: November 13, 2015, 02:51:46 pm »

So for my intercultural comms class, we watched a documentary about bronies. While I'm not a part of that anymore, it was nice to remember what it was like to be in that community, before the specific forum I frequented became toxic.

And after that, I met an interesting man on the bus and talked about his life. He was a bouncer in Hollywood and got a shirt from the drummer of Smash Mouth. I socialized with a stranger and wasn't an awkward weirdo about it, yaaay.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165108 on: November 13, 2015, 03:00:03 pm »

Had a silly game idea when I went to sleep last night. If I find time I may try to implement it. Basically one of those games where you control two main characters, but one with dialogue trees. The silly part is that if the characters talk to each other, you'd basically be selecting responses for both halves of the conversation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165110 on: November 13, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

Talking to strangers can be the greatest thing. I've made a number of useful contacts that way (although it's also partly from my dad).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #165111 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:15 pm »

So I'm subscribed to the official Deus Ex Facebook page. I never really appreciated it until now, but they barely even post about the game; mostly it's real-world news stories about prosthetics, replacement limbs and human enhancement.

And the people commenting on the posts are actually taking the games' story to heart, and discussing the fact that prosthetic limbs could soon become better than human ones, and what that means in today's society.

I dunno why, but I feel vindicated.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165112 on: November 13, 2015, 04:08:34 pm »

I'm home and almost drunk!  Getting there.
Not for long though, busy busy tomorrow, then more busy saturday.  Ingress to the nines (with parent).  But, now that I'm back home and relaxed, thinking about asking them to stay another day.  It hasn't been so bad, and there's so much I'd like to show them.

...or switch to Smash 4 where Sheik may be the undisputed best but at least she he isn't completely and utterly broken and dominant
Fixed that to match my preferred fanon.

Fighting games are fun, I like to play them with my brother (most recently, SSBB!), but I'm completely stupefied at the moderately advanced techniques.  I just can't see the character animations well enough to learn them, at full speed.  When I got Street Fighter IV I was frustrated because even the training mode has no slowdown.  I feel like I could learn the moves at a lower speed, then recognize them at full speed...  Like I did in DDR.

I guess there's a mode for that in Brawl, so I could train on that.  Brawl seems like a good game.  On the other hand, playing coop and mashing buttons against bots is fun too.

Actually I guess we played the latest Mortal Kombat a little bit, but technically more recently.  It was beautiful graphically, but the move list was arcane and I couldn't do even the simplest ones with the xbox controller.  I wasn't even sure what I was *trying* to do with the stick, and I kept hitting diagonals as I tried to go from up to right or whatever.  Well, it SAYS right, but it actually means "towards".  Or "away", I don't remember.

I wish fighting games were easier to learn.  I think Soul Calibur did a decent job with that actually, moves seemed relatively slow and the campaign forced the player to learn specific techniques and counters.  I've heard that super cheesecakey game had really good training too...  Skull Girls, I had to look it up.

Anyway yeah I want to show them all the things.  I hate them but I love them more I guess.  Really not sure if it's possible to love something without hating it to some extent.
And hating can feel sooooo good.
Newest mortal kombat has a fun mode which adds hilarious modifiers I'm especially fond of portals.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #165113 on: November 13, 2015, 04:43:48 pm »

Just as a general, vague thing... I think I'm finally kind of content with where my life is heading. My grades are up, my chances of getting into a good college look good, I've found new friends, and I've finally met someone (They're on Bay12 too but I don't know if they want it to really be a public thing)!

So... I dunno. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for putting up with me. I'm not always the most reliable or tactful, but you guys have kept me sane in spite of that.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #165114 on: November 13, 2015, 11:08:47 pm »

a legend of zelda game with zelda as the main character and Link as the damsel in distress
That's been out for years, actually.
I'm sorry, but all that link seems to consist of is a black staticy screen accompanied by the wailing of a thousand souls crying out in agony. Did you have some game that actually existed that you wanted to show me? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165115 on: November 13, 2015, 11:20:41 pm »

Just as a general, vague thing... I think I'm finally kind of content with where my life is heading. My grades are up, my chances of getting into a good college look good, I've found new friends, and I've finally met someone (They're on Bay12 too but I don't know if they want it to really be a public thing)!

So... I dunno. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for putting up with me. I'm not always the most reliable or tactful, but you guys have kept me sane in spite of that.
I am totally okay with it being a public thing! I'm just too shy to

actually

mention

it

oooOOoooOo

* Cinder fades into the distance making spooky noises
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165117 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »

actually

mention

it

oooOOoooOo

that's pretty gay
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165118 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

D'awwwwwww~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #165119 on: November 13, 2015, 11:40:34 pm »

actually

mention

it

oooOOoooOo

that's pretty gay

YOU'RE PRETTY GAY
Pages: 1 ... 11006 11007 [11008] 11009 11010 ... 13327