Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10808 10809 [10810] 10811 10812 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15774772 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #162135 on: September 02, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Or we could treat hemovorism as a necessary evil and start up blood banks.  Dur.
And when demand outstrips supply? It is much faster to make more vampires than humans. Some power hungry undead asshole will undoubtedly try.

Chances are the people who already know and like you aren't going to hate you just because of an infectious superpower
"Wait! Is that why you are so clingy in hugs!?!"
Are your friends going to be happy when they learn the only reason you have superstrength and can continue to exist is that you have unprotected sex with clean people while having HIV? And when someone catches it from you it is the same boat?

And besides that vampires are still people. It's not as though it's suddenly okay to start genociding them because they have a maybe-but-not-really-genetic disorder.
And sometimes you need to kill people to survive. And when those people have a phyiscal condition that will send them into psychotic rages with superhuman strength when hungry, angry, or hurt they are too dangerous to the public. That means they need to die or be isolated(if the latter they must be provided for forever).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #162136 on: September 02, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »

Are your friends going to be happy when they learn the only reason you have superstrength and can continue to exist is that you have unprotected sex with clean people while having HIV? And when someone catches it from you it is the same boat?

HIV has not-superpower connotations. Trying to draw a parallel between that and vampirism is outright silly.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162137 on: September 02, 2015, 07:48:52 pm »

There's a lot more humans than vampires, and vampires can't fight during the day. Humans may not like being used as cattle for monsters.
Or we could treat hemovorism as a necessary evil and start up blood banks.  Dur.
That would work... except that in VtM vampires are (apparently) inhuman.  Even the Camarilla vampires, which theoretically use "humanity" as a means of maintaining self control, see actual humans as cattle and are usually somewhere between human and monster.  Maintaining the masquerade is far more important than preserving human lives, even "innocents".

Other vampire groups don't even pretend to have human morality.  They have various code, but the common element is that they all have to feed, and would be killed if exposed.

I don't know how much of that is "monstrous nature" and how much is just being an immortal human forced to steal blood to survive.  Most of the codes seem to focus on keeping the monster in check, but the methods are drastically different (including cooperation).  I wish I knew more about the setting actually...

According to some of the loading screens during Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, humanity became aware of Kindred and nearly drove them to extinction in the Middle Ages(using pitchforks and, more importantly, torches). In VtM:B, humans still outnumber Kindred by about 60,000:1(I think that was the ratio), and have access to automatic weapons with incendiary ammunition - all vampires do take only 50% damage from normal bullets and automatically convert to blunt damage(easiest to defend against), but I would think IN bullets don't entirely have that penalty.
I dunno how cut and dry it is.  I think incendiary ammo would absolutely devastate most vampires, yeah.  But the older ones get some insane powers.  Particularly the antediluvians, the sleeping ancients so dangerous that the oldest active vampires are terrified of them.  "Mind controlling entire cities" level powers.
I kinda wonder if the main reason for secrecy is that humans might awaken the antediluvians.  A reveal would at least disrupt the balance of power, in a way that I bet centuries-old immortals would prefer to avoid.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162138 on: September 02, 2015, 08:26:02 pm »

Just picked up the entire Deus Ex series for less than $10. That's two games that I've never played, one game I owned on OnLive (which unfortunately died some time ago) and a game that I own on CD and hate taking out of the box every time I play.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #162139 on: September 02, 2015, 08:30:46 pm »

Wait, what? I was only aware of three games, and that's counting Invisible War.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162140 on: September 02, 2015, 08:36:28 pm »

Wait, what? I was only aware of three games, and that's counting Invisible War.
There were some new shitty games released that were ports from some phone game.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162141 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:54 pm »

Yeah, Deus Ex: The Fall. It was an iOS game, then they ported it to PC for some bizarre reason. I hear it's total shit, but at least I got three good games to go with it.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #162142 on: September 02, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »

Yeah, Deus Ex: The Fall. It was an iOS game, then they ported it to PC for some bizarre reason. I hear it's total shit, but at least I got three good games to go with it.
You got three good games? That must still mean there's a game I don't know about besides Deus Ex and Human Revolution. :P

I kid. Enjoy your stuff! It was a good deal.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162143 on: September 02, 2015, 08:51:14 pm »

HIV has not-superpower connotations. Trying to draw a parallel between that and vampirism is outright silly.
Vampirism also has not-superpower connotations.

I added superpowers and requiring risky behavior for others to HIV to make it more of an apt analogy. The following is why I chose HIV instead of other diseases.
  • HIV will kill you. A requirement for Vampirism is exsanguination.
  • HIV makes something people innately want to do dangerous for others. Vampirism adds a new innate want that is dangerous for others.
  • HIV is transmissible through the wanted action. Vampirism transmission can be chosen (V:tM-blood sharing) but the nature of the want make death an everpresent danger that can only be subverted by transmission.
If herpes was inherently fatal I would have used that instead of HIV to make the third bit a perfect fit.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162144 on: September 02, 2015, 09:00:37 pm »

You got three good games? That must still mean there's a game I don't know about besides Deus Ex and Human Revolution. :P

I kid. Enjoy your stuff! It was a good deal.

From the brief few minutes of The Fall that I just played, it's merely mediocre, not totally unplayable. They must have updated it somewhere along the line, because the version that I saw in various reviews did look outright unplayable. It's still a very linear and simplified version of Human Revolution's gameplay though, which is bad.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #162145 on: September 02, 2015, 10:28:29 pm »

Is it weird that this made me happy today?

A collection of short comics about sleep paralysis.

I love creepy stuff like this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162146 on: September 02, 2015, 10:36:18 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah this is too fascinating and true to my experiences not to read.
Just... maybe... in the morning.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #162147 on: September 02, 2015, 11:17:10 pm »

Sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying. Bravery has nothing to do with it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162148 on: September 02, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »

How much would you pay to have sleep paralysis but w/ any hallucination you want? You couldn't move, but you could control all of it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #162149 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »

So, a regular lucid dream? I wouldn't pay much, really.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 10808 10809 [10810] 10811 10812 ... 13325