Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10739 10740 [10741] 10742 10743 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755425 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161100 on: August 06, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »

Also, my keyboard works again! Except for the h key, I need to use Ctrl-V every time I want an h.

You can use a macro to set an alternate key, at least saving you the copy-pasting. I use AutoHotKey for key scripts, and a simple script for it using that program would read

Code: [Select]
^j::
     send h
Return

+^j::
     send H
Return

That script would send an 'h' keystroke for ctrl + j and an 'H' keystroke for ctrl + shift + j (I don't think ctrl + j is a popular hotkey, though you could substitute something else).

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #161101 on: August 06, 2015, 05:10:34 pm »

Rocking out at the DCI International World Championships! Seeing some awesome groups here. :D

(For those who don't know, DCI is like professional marching band, but with only the brass, drums, and color guard without those sissy woodwinds :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #161102 on: August 06, 2015, 05:11:48 pm »

You can use a macro to set an alternate key
Cool beans. Thanks for that, will save me some frustration.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161103 on: August 06, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »

When I broke my Q key on my first laptop, I just hit alt-113 for a while.  Wouldn't have been bad but I think I had to toggle numlock to enable the virtual numberpad each time.  Felt like a hacker though :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161104 on: August 06, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

2 days back from Paris, have finally recovered. Very expensive city, basically just a shit London, only thing it does better is vice (the old lady seemed so nice!). Oddly enough, met more French at home than in Paris, and the first thing me m8s did after stepping foot out of the station was get scammed by Indonesians who spoke neither English nor French until you told them to fuck off, at which point they spoke fluently. Wouldn't have it any other way, when you're brushing shoulders with shady Moroccans, dodgy Frenchnamese and a gorillion Sino-Murrican tourists with their entourage of 30 dozen African Eiffel tower merchants and armed Frenchies guarding Shoah memorials; you're in spirited company, and are not in want for excitement... At a price. Hilariously, just like the EU the projected cost turned out to be 4 times what I was told, and this has hurt me grievously, in spite of all this I have been so culturally enriched that the U.N. has banned me from entering Iran lest they use me to develop weapons of mass cultural enlivenment. Still, got to see some interesting shit. The Mona Lisa is overrated, everything else was underrated, spent about 10 minutes looking at a wall of amphora depicting Heracles beating the crap out of people with a club and 20 minutes looking at the Deluge or the Rape of the Sabines or that one painting of Italians dicking around in Heaven that covered what could well have been 20ft of glorious Italian renaissance. It was interesting to see all the Frenchies museums gush over Napoleon after ours did so for Wellington; the answer in who was better is clearly not in who won (Wellington) but in who had the giant funeral death metal carriage of spikes and Mars (also Wellington). The Eiffel Tower was meh, the Notre Dame even better than I thought, the Churches dotted around on hills and all that adequately gothic, saw the Hebdo killing site and the graffitid lion (I know it's all political but do they care about maintaining monuments?), the Bastille (well, where it was before they revolutioned over it) and went to see the graveyard where Oscar Wilde was buried in a literary pilgrimage but it was shut down due to some terror alert shenanigens. All in all I think it was more poetic to walk all that way only to get as close to the gates and as far away as Siberia. It's a nice metaphor for life, but everyone looks at it different ways. Going through Calais during all the immigrant border running and train jumping was far less interesting than I imagined it would be; they prefer the Lorries to the trains so I never got to meet any of them. A city is as good as its underside (Abu Dhabi pls step up your game) and Paris has an all right underside. I had great fun, and I also got to understand why the French hate Paris more than anyone else on the planet. What more can you ask for, than a 6 year old red for the price of few months old beer?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161105 on: August 06, 2015, 05:21:22 pm »

...Lemmie shorten that for you.
[FREEEEENNNNNCH]
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161106 on: August 06, 2015, 05:24:43 pm »

...Lemmie shorten that for you.
[FREEEEENNNNNCH]
I had a croque madame and a capuccino in a roadside cafe overlooking a French thing with French guitarists eating baguettes and singing coldplay songs, go back in time and give me a beret and black and white makeup and I'd be legally be King Louis's successor of Frenchness

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #161107 on: August 06, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »

When I broke my Q key on my first laptop, I just hit alt-113 for a while.  Wouldn't have been bad but I think I had to toggle numlock to enable the virtual numberpad each time.  Felt like a hacker though :P
Something similar happened to me in uni. If you check old threads you might notice me using ç instead of q because the ç key looked somewhat the same and wasn't broken.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161108 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:44 pm »

2 days back from Paris, have finally recovered. Very expensive city, basically just a shit London, only thing it does better is vice (the old lady seemed so nice!). Oddly enough, met more French at home than in Paris, and the first thing me m8s did after stepping foot out of the station was get scammed by Indonesians who spoke neither English nor French until you told them to fuck off, at which point they spoke fluently. Wouldn't have it any other way, when you're brushing shoulders with shady Moroccans, dodgy Frenchnamese and a gorillion Sino-Murrican tourists with their entourage of 30 dozen African Eiffel tower merchants and armed Frenchies guarding Shoah memorials; you're in spirited company, and are not in want for excitement... At a price.

Hilariously, just like the EU the projected cost turned out to be 4 times what I was told, and this has hurt me grievously, in spite of all this I have been so culturally enriched that the U.N. has banned me from entering Iran lest they use me to develop weapons of mass cultural enlivenment. Still, got to see some interesting shit. The Mona Lisa is overrated, everything else was underrated, spent about 10 minutes looking at a wall of amphora depicting Heracles beating the crap out of people with a club and 20 minutes looking at the Deluge or the Rape of the Sabines or that one painting of Italians dicking around in Heaven that covered what could well have been 20ft of glorious Italian renaissance. It was interesting to see all the Frenchies museums gush over Napoleon after ours did so for Wellington; the answer in who was better is clearly not in who won (Wellington) but in who had the giant funeral death metal carriage of spikes and Mars (also Wellington).

The Eiffel Tower was meh, the Notre Dame even better than I thought, the Churches dotted around on hills and all that adequately gothic, saw the Hebdo killing site and the graffitid lion (I know it's all political but do they care about maintaining monuments?), the Bastille (well, where it was before they revolutioned over it) and went to see the graveyard where Oscar Wilde was buried in a literary pilgrimage but it was shut down due to some terror alert shenanigens. All in all I think it was more poetic to walk all that way only to get as close to the gates and as far away as Siberia. It's a nice metaphor for life, but everyone looks at it different ways. Going through Calais during all the immigrant border running and train jumping was far less interesting than I imagined it would be; they prefer the Lorries to the trains so I never got to meet any of them. A city is as good as its underside (Abu Dhabi pls step up your game) and Paris has an all right underside. I had great fun, and I also got to understand why the French hate Paris more than anyone else on the planet.

What more can you ask for, than a 6 year old red for the price of few months old beer?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161109 on: August 06, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »

I was going to mention the numpad unicode method, but funnily enough the reason why I first started using key macros was because my keyboard doesn't have a numpad, and some old games and programs without rebindable keys require keys on it. I remember having loads of fun in middle and high school messing with people using the seemingly bizarre unicode symbols from the numpad shortcuts. If only I knew about key macros, then I could really have caused some frustration, by switching the 'a' and 's' keys on someone's keyboard or something.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #161110 on: August 06, 2015, 05:39:12 pm »

School started today! I got a bunch of hugs from people I hadn't seen in a while and I have a couple friends in most classes. Not as many as I'd like, but that can't be helped. I've already made a couple new friends in my psych class, too, which is looking to be my favorite so far since I'm interested in the topic and I already had a couple friends in there who I'd like to get to know better.

Unfortunately my AP world history teacher is a raging douchewaffle, but otherwise I think most of my teachers are either decent or pretty good. Also my lit teacher is really attractive, which is a plus :P

So yeah, school will hopefully help and stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161111 on: August 06, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »

I was going to mention the numpad unicode method, but funnily enough the reason why I first started using key macros was because my keyboard doesn't have a numpad, and some old games and programs without rebindable keys require keys on it. I remember having loads of fun in middle and high school messing with people using the seemingly bizarre unicode symbols from the numpad shortcuts. If only I knew about key macros, then I could really have caused some frustration, by switching the 'a' and 's' keys on someone's keyboard or something.

Even better was setting up key macros to switch a bunch of things around, and then physically scrambling the keys as well. It was super easy if you had a key cap remover instead of having to pry them off with your fingers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161112 on: August 06, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »

School started today!
What kind of hell-hole are you living in, where school starts in fucking 7th of August?
._.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161113 on: August 06, 2015, 07:35:22 pm »

One of those starts-early-ends-in-may places, probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161114 on: August 06, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »

Spoke with therapist. Bad news, lots wrong in my head. Good news. I can maybe fix it. That whole self esteem/identity thing is on the checklist. So, forward motion.

Hey, I heard there's a lower boards IRC but can't seem to get this stuff to work (yeah I searched for it). Where is it? How do you get on?
Pages: 1 ... 10739 10740 [10741] 10742 10743 ... 13325