Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10737 10738 [10739] 10740 10741 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754884 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161070 on: August 06, 2015, 04:26:51 am »

Constantly bitching about the united states when you neither live here, or really seem to care about it at all besides just bitching is neither smart or endearing.
The US really is kinda shit though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #161071 on: August 06, 2015, 04:32:22 am »

Someone on Reddit linked to this thing. It's a BBC documentary series that goes into the minutia of medieval... stuff, following a group of people in France who are building a castle using period techniques, tools, and materials. It really impresses on you just how ridiculously laborious everything was back then, and how much of a feat even the most mudane things were to put together.

Is it about that team of English historians that live in various places for a year in various century styles?

* Haspen checks.

Yuuup! Baffler if you liked this one, you might like their series about living on a farm in early 19th Century, and English countryside during World War II.

I believe Mrs.Ruth there also partook in two more series, one about castle servants in ~16th Century English plus Pharmacy apprentices in late 19th Century.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161072 on: August 06, 2015, 05:09:09 am »

suddenly came to the realization just now that my sparking stuff is exponential and so i buffed all my numbers to account for the new growth amount

the new largest power level in sparking is:

that's pretty good

that's actually less than i've seen people give to dumb crap like tenshinhan's kikoho powerlevel, so hey, at least I'm not at the peak end of ludicrous

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161073 on: August 06, 2015, 06:11:52 am »

i've passed the entry test to apply as a magister

of materials and technology
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161074 on: August 06, 2015, 06:12:18 am »

soon you will know what to make your fumo out of for MAXIMUM COZY

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #161075 on: August 06, 2015, 08:04:37 am »

Constantly bitching about the united states when you neither live here, or really seem to care about it at all besides just bitching is neither smart or endearing.
The US really is kinda shit though.
Um...Cin? Specificity. You're packing a whole nation of pretty much many things under a label because of only certain tiny and non-applicable-to-everything-US thoughts. :<

The US is more than that (as that statement can be said of anything presented in the media with a somewhat-negative viewpoint for a prolonged amount of time).
Broaden that experience. Understand the USA! :D

That or I'm missing jokes ._.

Happy: Replied to the full PM/email list of people-who-PM'd-Tiruin lately. Yay organization skills!
Why did I only develop it recently. Being organized is !!FUN!! :'(

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161076 on: August 06, 2015, 08:13:42 am »

The joke is that the rest of the developed world thinks that the USA is pretty backwards. It's not really a joke because it's not true, it's just that most of the time it goes without mentioning.
It doesn't really help that they were among the last of the so-called First World to criminalise slavery, stop genociding the natives, and let women vote. Plus they still have strong radical religious movements around who have widespread active support (rather than the sort of passive tolerance of radical Islam by less radical Muslims that's around in Europe), to the point where they can get the case taken to court to try and force the government to teach their creation story as science.

EDIT: Not that it makes America worse than living in Somalia or something, it's just that compared to their status economically and militarily, there's some social trends that are less than pleasant.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:18:00 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #161077 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:58 am »

I am happy for this enlightenment! :D

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #161078 on: August 06, 2015, 08:22:46 am »

The biggest thing that people complaining about the united states seem to forget is that, honestly, the united states is fucking huge. Trying to get something passed or standardised here is like trying to get something passed or standardized across the entire EU.

And most people making unfavorable comparisons compare the entire thing to a single country, when the scales fall apart there.

But to be honest my complaint was mostly that I'm sick of OW vomiting up his opinion just so hopefully someone can pat him on the back for backing a popular opinion.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161079 on: August 06, 2015, 08:31:41 am »

I don't like the America-bashing either, but I really don't like what you just said.  Maybe we step back a little.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161080 on: August 06, 2015, 08:40:36 am »

I just discovered the glory that is Subreddit Simulator. It is a subreddit populated entirely by bots. Each bot represents a particular subreddit and posts with Markov chains constructed based on that subreddit.

I have also discovered that I find the misery of bots absolutely hilarious. (it's in the comments below)

And on a different happy note, I have been trying to learn to use opengl. Haven't tried making something yet, but reading tutorials and looking at what glsl can do, I think I could make something kinda cool with it. I have tried to learn earlier a couple of times, but it all seems a lot more intuitive this time around. I started with a tutorial for WebGL, and having an example in front of me which I could tweak might have made it easier to understand.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161081 on: August 06, 2015, 10:22:38 am »

The only way to win this is to create more stereotypes about the EU.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161082 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:00 am »

i'm comfortable with the current amount of stereotypes, especially since americans are trying really hard to feel superior to the eu already without having their complexes exaggerated

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161083 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:59 am »

The only way to win this is to create more stereotypes about the EU.
Not general enough. Stereotypes for everyone ! One unique stereotype per person !

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161084 on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:34 am »

...But doesn't that defeat the whole point of the stereotype?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10737 10738 [10739] 10740 10741 ... 13325