Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10694 10695 [10696] 10697 10698 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778989 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160425 on: July 18, 2015, 01:21:45 am »

Yoink confirmed for one of those arseholes who likes kidney beans.

I... I never thought I'd find another person who did!

Rice+half a can of kidney beans = an easy, decent meal!
Of course, I've had them in various strange meals, too, up to and including a toasted kidney beans and baby spinach sandwich.
What can I say, I had kidney beans and baby spinach in the fridge and both were going to go stale. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160426 on: July 18, 2015, 01:22:34 am »

Yes. It's only a possibility. Certainly, nobody participating in this very conversation has overseen any such thing.
It actually takes some effort of will and, paradoxically, laziness, to stop myself from screenshotting every post a certain paranoid forum member makes, but that'd be unnecessarily mean to her.

Even in jest it's really not cool to post about doing something that could potentially ruin another forumgoer's livelihood in the happy thread. I'm about 95% certain I know who you're talking about, and they have legitimate reason.

re: Bacon seaweed: I'm down for it. I like bacon, I like seaweed, what's there to dislike?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160427 on: July 18, 2015, 01:25:30 am »

I don't get what's wrong with stuff growing in seawater. We've got plenty of that. Now if it had to be fully submerged in /fresh/ water, that would be another thing entirely.
Exactly. Growing stuff in seawater is an amazing benefit. Get this thing some proper caloric value and you've got the staple food of the future.
It would be pretty hard to grow it anywhere that's not near the coast, though. Although maybe you could have floating farms on the sea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160428 on: July 18, 2015, 01:49:59 am »

Don't worry, just give it a couple of decades and the coast will come to us!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160429 on: July 18, 2015, 02:15:15 am »

Yes. It's only a possibility. Certainly, nobody participating in this very conversation has overseen any such thing.
It actually takes some effort of will and, paradoxically, laziness, to stop myself from screenshotting every post a certain paranoid forum member makes, but that'd be unnecessarily mean to her.

Even in jest it's really not cool to post about doing something that could potentially ruin another forumgoer's livelihood in the happy thread. I'm about 95% certain I know who you're talking about, and they have legitimate reason.

re: Bacon seaweed: I'm down for it. I like bacon, I like seaweed, what's there to dislike?
I know, it just seems a bit... yknow, futile. Since I can just do that and undo all their precautions.

I don't get what's wrong with stuff growing in seawater. We've got plenty of that. Now if it had to be fully submerged in /fresh/ water, that would be another thing entirely.
Exactly. Growing stuff in seawater is an amazing benefit. Get this thing some proper caloric value and you've got the staple food of the future.
I can see farmers getting pretty salty about it, though.

Some Thai farmers literally farm salt.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160430 on: July 18, 2015, 02:22:24 am »

What he means is, you've gotta be a pretty washed-up farmer before you'll consider a dry industry like salt.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160431 on: July 18, 2015, 02:23:52 am »

From what I hear, the market for such industries is really evaporating. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160432 on: July 18, 2015, 03:52:07 am »

Two things. First, got my schedule for college arranged to something slightly more acceptable. Have a 9:40 class, but the only other slot open, perior, is a 9:00 class, so not much I can do there. Got my physics class changed out for a chemistry class, so my Mondays don't suck nearly as much now, and I didn't have to get a 7-10pm lab like I thought I would have to do. Didn't get to take the riflery class I wanted to, since it clashed with my Calc class, which I can't move and strangly requires four classes a week.
Got my package from Amazon in the mail today. A new pair of headphones, which are awesome and cheap, a new pair of speakers, which are also awesome and cheap, and finally- a copy of Ace Combat 4. Which I just beat on hard in a single setting. Now to play 5, and then 0, and then 6. And then go play through 4 again, possibly. While I find a great many games to be challenging, or relaxing, Ace Combat is one of the few games that truly feels fun.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #160433 on: July 18, 2015, 03:55:38 am »

ace combat 3 is best

most of my avatars used to be from that game

they have a translation patch available now

also get gud scrub i finished every mission in ace combat 5 on ace with an S ranking

...using the falken though

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #160434 on: July 18, 2015, 03:56:43 am »

I know, it just seems a bit... yknow, futile. Since I can just do that and undo all their precautions.
We're all pretty much aware that it can be done. We're all pretty much happy that its being respectably not done. :P
Because of the ol' rule of "NOBODY WILL KNOW ->> I will know." stands with all these things.

Happies: Despite the winds of today (almost got my umbrella tossed from my hand with a few gusts), I was able to visit the local store and get supplies.
Also, bird calls in the forest during this nice 4:50~pm time.
Simple joys \o/

ace combat 3 is best

also get gud scrub i finished every mission in ace combat 5 on ace with an S ranking

You hit me with nostalgia :I
So mean. I:
Loved that game :'(

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160435 on: July 18, 2015, 04:04:27 am »

ace combat 3 is best

I died maybe five times. Once was because the sky and the ocean are only a few shades different, and I mixed up the two, the second was because I wasn't paying attention to the timer, the third was because I was overestimated my ability to pull up when divebombing the VTOL bases in the Tango Line, and the fourth was because I didn't see a curve in the tunnel in the Megalith facility. Possibly died one or two more times that I can't remember. S ranked all but three missions.  Hard is so easy when you are used to Ace. I really, really wish that you didn't have to beat the game twice to unlock Ace difficulty. I also wish they had a difficulty higher then Ace, because Ace also gets easy after a while. Maybe buff up how much AA damage does to 33% of your plane health, and add a shit ton more AA to everywhere.
I would play Electrosphere, but I never got around to getting it, partly because of the problems with the English version.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160436 on: July 18, 2015, 04:28:09 am »

Boo, there's some malware on this shitty laptop that prevents me from running antivirus programs. Fucking Bill Gates making home operating systems be mostly the same.
GG time to try fucking around with booting Ubuntu from USB.

Hah, fuck you you trojan shit! ClamAV is now my true love.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160437 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47:50 am »

Yoink confirmed for one of those arseholes who likes kidney beans.

I... I never thought I'd find another person who did!

Rice+half a can of kidney beans = an easy, decent meal!
Of course, I've had them in various strange meals, too, up to and including a toasted kidney beans and baby spinach sandwich.
What can I say, I had kidney beans and baby spinach in the fridge and both were going to go stale. >.>
There's great kidney bean burger recipes too. Should we kidney bean advocates make a kidney bean appreciation thread?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160438 on: July 18, 2015, 10:34:55 am »

Well it's an industry which'll never freeze, I guess. Not to rub salt in the wound.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160439 on: July 18, 2015, 02:03:24 pm »

Well it's an industry which'll never freeze, I guess. Not to rub salt in the wound.
You have to admit, working in that sector would be a good taste of the life in sea-oriented industry.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 10694 10695 [10696] 10697 10698 ... 13325