Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10693 10694 [10695] 10696 10697 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779039 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160410 on: July 17, 2015, 09:03:51 pm »

Seaweed that tastes like bacon when fried discovered, is healthier than most veggies and with any luck will be farmed soon.
Eeewww. It's seafood, it's bacon-tasting, it's advertised as healthy; I can't imagine ever wanting any of that stuff.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160411 on: July 17, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »

Seaweed that tastes like bacon when fried discovered, is healthier than most veggies and with any luck will be farmed soon.
Eeewww. It's seafood, it's bacon-tasting, it's advertised as healthy; I can't imagine ever wanting any of that stuff.
And it grows in seawater, which is kind of a huge deal given the way water resources are going.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160412 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:51 pm »

I am convinced nothing advertised as a superfood is fit for human consumption.

Hell this is just seaweed that vaguely tastes like bacon.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160413 on: July 17, 2015, 09:25:28 pm »

You, uh, you got something against kale there, m8y? Tasty stuff, as long as you don't make chips out of it and keep it out of salads.

... although i agree the word "superfood" is a dumb one
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #160414 on: July 17, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »

It needs advertising. Like a giant... green... pig.

Too bad the Angry Birds craze died down, good advertising starting point there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:22:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160415 on: July 17, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

You, uh, you got something against kale there, m8y? Tasty stuff, as long as you don't make chips out of it and keep it out of salads.

... although i agree the word "superfood" is a dumb one
I dislike Kale. As Jim Gaffigan said:
It tastes like bugspray!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160416 on: July 17, 2015, 10:55:01 pm »

Yes. It's only a possibility. Certainly, nobody participating in this very conversation has overseen any such thing.
It actually takes some effort of will and, paradoxically, laziness, to stop myself from screenshotting every post a certain paranoid forum member makes, but that'd be unnecessarily mean to her.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160417 on: July 17, 2015, 11:45:33 pm »

And it grows in seawater, which is kind of a huge deal given the way water resources are going.
I mean, half of the satisfaction of bacon comes from the inevitable demise of the pig.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160418 on: July 17, 2015, 11:47:31 pm »

Is something really inevitable if it has already happened by the time we are presented with a second thing which predicates the inevitability of the first?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #160419 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

Are you knocking oatmeal and turkey? Because those are awesome.

"Superfood" is just a buzzword. It's not what makes this cool, what makes it cool is the idea of finally having (sorta kinda) bacon trees.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160420 on: July 18, 2015, 12:33:04 am »

I like the taste of normal seaweed, personally. Dried sheets of the stuff make for a great snack.
Also I'm pretty sure I've heard kidney beans described as a super food, and they're really nice!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160421 on: July 18, 2015, 01:14:22 am »

Yoink confirmed for one of those arseholes who likes kidney beans.

I... I never thought I'd find another person who did!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160422 on: July 18, 2015, 01:17:20 am »

I don't get what's wrong with stuff growing in seawater. We've got plenty of that. Now if it had to be fully submerged in /fresh/ water, that would be another thing entirely.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160423 on: July 18, 2015, 01:19:09 am »

I don't get what's wrong with stuff growing in seawater. We've got plenty of that. Now if it had to be fully submerged in /fresh/ water, that would be another thing entirely.
Exactly. Growing stuff in seawater is an amazing benefit. Get this thing some proper caloric value and you've got the staple food of the future.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160424 on: July 18, 2015, 01:20:01 am »

Exactly. Growing stuff in seawater is an amazing benefit. Get this thing some proper caloric value and you've got the staple food of the future.
I can see farmers getting pretty salty about it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 10693 10694 [10695] 10696 10697 ... 13325