Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10692 10693 [10694] 10695 10696 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779922 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160395 on: July 17, 2015, 11:19:42 am »

Everything except notable posts, it seems. So, bit of both?
Everything not in locked threads. Can't edit posts in locked threads, so they must remain.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160396 on: July 17, 2015, 01:02:23 pm »

So why is Bauglir deleting his post history? That sounds like a whole lot of effort for no reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160397 on: July 17, 2015, 01:25:20 pm »

For no real reason, just busy work :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160398 on: July 17, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »

It's fun? I dunno, really. I find it a relaxing exercise. Don't need much more reason than that, as long as I don't break the boards or something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #160399 on: July 17, 2015, 01:52:42 pm »

It's of note that Bay12 blocks automatic web archives and such. Unless someone had stored the posts somewhere before the snipping, they're gone for good from the Internet. If one feels embarrassed or otherwise uncomfortable or even threatened about some old post, they can just remove it. This is a key point of why Truean doesn't want to be quoted, to give a familiar example.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160400 on: July 17, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

Well, at least once Google's cache forgets. If I could touch posts in locked threads, I'd even consider that a meaningful benefit, but through what's probably not a coincidence the posts I'd get any satisfaction out of seeing erased in particular tend to be in those very threads. Still, that forces me to live with the ones that make me least comfortable, which is probably actually a good thing? Less doomed to repeat if I can't forget.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160402 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »

Eww they used the word "Superfood".

Other than that though it sounds like it has potential.   Good luck getting Americans to eat that instead of real bacon though, maybe if you called it vegan bacon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:02:28 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #160403 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »

Checkmate, atheists. :P

There's a Dominos pizza shop near my house now. Decided to give it a try; it's pretty okay. Still prefer the local chain, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160404 on: July 17, 2015, 03:03:36 pm »

According to robots.txt, B12 blocks Web archival because of the extreme bandwidth usage, not because of privacy. Even then, it doesn't archive all pages.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160405 on: July 17, 2015, 03:57:40 pm »

And maybe technology changed but last I heard robots.txt is more of an honor system.  Not anything physically preventing a bot from archiving everything. 

Robots.txt won't actually cause a swarm of robots to come out of a printer to cannibalize whatever server the archive bot is running on if it's ignored.  It's just a standard way to request that those kind of bot programs look elsewhere. 

So who knows there could be a horrible dark server of doom in the deep dark interior jungle web that specifically intercepts calls to the bay12 forum database to -snip- a post that automatically archives the post for later evil-ness. While saying "Aww they have a robots.txt.  How cute."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:00:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160406 on: July 17, 2015, 04:19:49 pm »

Yes. It's only a possibility. Certainly, nobody participating in this very conversation has overseen any such thing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160407 on: July 17, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »

I'm awake and it's not even 10 a.m. yet!

By which I mean, it's five to ten, but that's still slightly earlier than usual!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160408 on: July 17, 2015, 06:56:16 pm »

Same here.
I hate it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160409 on: July 17, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

On Wednesday, I found myself eating delicious cold pancakes in the dark in a summer camp staff-room, while contemplating the life choices that led me to that moment.

I decided that they were good life choices.
Pages: 1 ... 10692 10693 [10694] 10695 10696 ... 13325