Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10439 10440 [10441] 10442 10443 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781153 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

A) Skyrim is $20 for the Legendary Edition at GameStop right now, and B) I got more enjoyment out of Skyrim than any piece of clothing could ever give me.
The fact that they dropped the price on the Legendary edition so much and yet still haven't made the DLC cheaper.
So very annoy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Ha, found it! Looked at Wikipedia's Floating Island page and found that it is called Dragon Hunters.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

You can buy a jacket that is the same design as Adam Jensen's.
The world has just become a better place in my eyes.
Page seems to redirect to the site's homepage. Sadly.
As neat as some of their stuff looks, I can't help but think
Quote from: Macklemore
Yo, that's $50 for a t-shirt!
And that's not even getting into the several-hundred-dollar coats. I'm sure it's cheap in "fashion" terms but that only reinforces how ridiculous that industry is.
Skyrim is 60$ and you can't wear Skyrim.
I bought the Legendary Edition for less than $10 and I've played about 400 hours of it. Your move.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, American Horror Story is actually really good.
I hadn't read much about it  apart from someone's post on Facebook a while ago, I wasn't really expecting to like it, but it is good. I heartily recommend it to anyone. The only problem is, it may be a little addictive... and Netflix makes binge-watching so easy. :-X
Ahhhhh, it just keeps getting better.
This is definitely going to be one of those pieces of media where I'm in a weird mood for days after thinking about it. It's rare for a TV show to have this affect on me... books yes, movies sometimes, but I think the only TV show that's been nearly this gripping was Twin Peaks. I enjoy plenty of shows, sure, but they generally don't leave me moping around for days after they're finished.

I'm glad I still have two seasons of it to go. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Netflix eats our internet. Telstra is not our friend.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Lawyer has been having a tech problem for quite some time. I figured it out in 5 minutes worth of research. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

The Protomen is a good album. I should have bought this sooner.
Make sure to get Act II. It's a very different sound, but still distinctly them, even without the very nice rough, dirty aesthetic of the first album. Here are two samples. Act III is on the horizon as well.
The Protomen are incredible!  I've managed to see them live three times - I may be a fanboy :o
There's a whole genre of music for telling stories with intense beats, right?  Like Phish's album Gamehenge, or some of Hawkwind's tracks?  Not sure where to look.  I really enjoyed Repo-man, too, which I guess is a... musical?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Netflix eats our internet. Telstra is not our friend.
Optus, baby!

Also I finished the first season of the show.
I had been planning on going out, drinking and being sociable today, but now all I'm looking forward to is watching the next one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

The Protomen is a good album. I should have bought this sooner.
Make sure to get Act II. It's a very different sound, but still distinctly them, even without the very nice rough, dirty aesthetic of the first album. Here are two samples. Act III is on the horizon as well.
The Protomen are incredible!  I've managed to see them live three times - I may be a fanboy :o
I've seen them live once. Despite being in a bar it was an 18+ show. It's the only concert I've ever enjoyed going to.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Same here!  It was in a local bar, and I've never enjoyed live music so much.  I haven't tried much, though, besides getting dragged to concerts with family.  Probably different when it's music I like.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

I've been to concerts for bands I liked, but I never really enjoyed them. The Protomen have a bit more audience participation.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

In response to your question, Rolan, the term I've heard is 'Rock Opera'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Or, more rarely, suite.

A large number of progressive rock/metal songs are also this in a more condensed form - a full format rock opera is usually an entire album, a'la Quadrophenia or The Wall, both clocking at 81 minutes, whereas, for example, Rush's 2112 is a quarter of that and is just one song on an album.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Or, more rarely, suite.

A large number of progressive rock/metal songs are also this in a more condensed form - a full format rock opera is usually an entire album, a'la Quadrophenia or The Wall, both clocking at 81 minutes, whereas, for example, Rush's 2112 is a quarter of that and is just one song on an album.
The Wall is actually a double album, though I'm fairly sure that's just to get more money because the actual content of the story is well less than half the total length. One of the reasons I think The Wall is overrated is because it's so full of filler, usually in the form of Roger Waters whining near-inaudibly while playing a few sparse acoustic guitar chords.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile

Roger Waters whining near-inaudibly while playing a few sparse acoustic guitar chords.
Isn't that like 99,99% of post-Barrett Floyd?
Pages: 1 ... 10439 10440 [10441] 10442 10443 ... 13325