Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10399 10400 [10401] 10402 10403 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760384 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I just ordered a New 3DS XL the other day with the money from a $400 check I found in my room the other day. I've heard its better for monster hunter because C-Stick.
As you commonly, just, you know, find 400 dollar checks lying around.
Well obviously.
I find one at least once a day.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

On a similar note, I've now confirmed that diced up potato is incredibly easy (and quite quick) to microwave, and comes out verra' good. Takes like, maybe six minutes for a couple small-ish potatoes to nuke up. Good stuff.
I find this claim dubious. I've not tried microwaving raw potatoes before, but I've found anything potato-based tastes significantly worse when reheated in the microwave rather than an oven (thankfully we have a toaster oven here), unless it's something like seasoned curly fries where the spices cover up the taste.

Also, happy birthday to the Toady One.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:22:58 am by penguinofhonor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

You can poke holes in a whole potato and just microwave the thing with some water in a plate, I forget the timing (I gifted my microwave to avoid temptation).  It's just super bland and starchy because it doesn't hydrate much, and it isn't even salty unless you mash it up with salt.

Slicing it up and frying it up with seasoning is a lot better, just more effort.  I mainly coarsely slice and boil mine with carrots and onions and some meat/broth.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Bit late, but happy birthday toady!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

The controls are a bit weird, though, although I found it relatively easy to adjust.
I mean, right analog stick for combat?
Yea, the first Monster Hunter had a weird control scheme that I'm pretty sure they ditched by 2. It's kind of hard for me to play older games in the series when newer games have so many improvements. Like the ability to lock on to boss monsters in 3U.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

You can poke holes in a whole potato and just microwave the thing with some water in a plate, I forget the timing (I gifted my microwave to avoid temptation).  It's just super bland and starchy because it doesn't hydrate much, and it isn't even salty unless you mash it up with salt.

Slicing it up and frying it up with seasoning is a lot better, just more effort.  I mainly coarsely slice and boil mine with carrots and onions and some meat/broth.

My microwave has a special "potato" button. Stab a few holes in it, press the potato button, and it comes out good - not as good as baking or frying, but good enough considering how easy it is.

I usually scrub a potato or two real good, put them in there with the potato button, then slice them into quarters when they are done and dab a little vinegar and sprinkle some salt on them for some lazy man's salt and vinegar potato wedges. It's better than stuffing potato chips in your mouth when you want a quick snack, anyway.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Belated Happy Birthday to Toady One.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

* MaximumZero throws confetti and blows into a noisemaker!

We're about to test the cake-without-candles-but-we-still-sing theory on the cat -- we thought he was afraid of the fire, but perhaps the singing is enough to terrify him.

The Toad responded to me, and I am having a little bit of a fangirl moment. Eeeeee!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:13:43 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

What's a Tiad?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Speaking of microwaves I have learned the arcane secrets of proper microwave use recently and ever since then my food has been coming out much much better. It's amazing how much a little bit of education on how microwaves actually work makes in the quality of your food heating.

(for those that are wondering letting the food sit for a bit before eating lets the heat from other parts of the food spread to the colder bits. Also in my own experience it helps to put the food offcenter on the turntable, so that the food is constantly moving. preventing the possibility of one section of the food sitting in one of the nuker's cold spots for the whole heating cycle.  If possible stirring or mixing the food halfway through the heating cycle helps too.  Especially if the nuker dosn't have a turntable.  In that case even taking it out and putting it back in in a different position helps.)

Anyway that is today's near midnight happy.  (That and the Toad's bday :) Happy Cakeday toady!)  And I think Tiad = Toad :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:01:36 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUixing now! Stupid new phone can't even fuck up autocorrect properly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Seriously, what even is a "tiad", and why would autocorrect think that's a more sensible thing to write than "toad"?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 10399 10400 [10401] 10402 10403 ... 13325