Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10337 10338 [10339] 10340 10341 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772143 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

First thunderstorm of 2015! Felt good to get out, let the rain wash over me, and watch the lightning presumably wreck some poor tree's shit.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I almost didn't submit something in time for work!
But I did (:
I had it done but I was distracted by April 1 pranks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Insert redneck joke here.

In SAO they're cousins, but she calls him "onii-chan" so she is like a faux-sister. It's fauxcest. And it even wimps out of that. In a way I have less respect for this sort of cheap tease that doesn't have the guts to commit than a show where they're all "ok they're brother and sister and they're totally banging. Don't like it? Don't watch!"
Well that's disappointing.
I remember when incest used to mean something damn it! Revive the Zoroastrians now!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I accidentally reverse-pranked lots of friends and family last night.

April 1 isn't the best day to announce buying a car, apparently. Especially when in the post sharing that info you say that they'll have to get by with the pictures from the dealer as we can't take our own pictures to share. In my defense, we both had hunger headaches after sitting in the car lot for four hours and finally got out of the damn place at 9:30.

Secondary happy: bought another car.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:53:14 pm by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hell, not in America either, judging by that Sailor Moon dub. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

Wasn't the cousin relationship added specifically to eliminate the romantic relationship that was originally there? i.e. any scenes of them touching or anything are because they're cousins and not lovers, because it's assumed when they're cousins that they aren't romantically involved because that would be incest.

That was the thing though, all they did was change the dialogue without removing anything else that hinted at a relationship. It did nothing but turn it from two unrelated girls in a relationship to cousins in a relationship.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

In SAO they're cousins, but she calls him "onii-chan" so she is like a faux-sister. It's fauxcest. And it even wimps out of that. In a way I have less respect for this sort of cheap tease that doesn't have the guts to commit than a show where they're all "ok they're brother and sister and they're totally banging. Don't like it? Don't watch!"
Wait. Is cousins not incest territory? Seems like it. Cousins means their parents are related in some way, so they share some genes.
It's a little different in Japan, but even there it's sort of taboo. In America, it's totally still considered incest.

First thunderstorm of 2015! Felt good to get out, let the rain wash over me, and watch the lightning presumably wreck some poor tree's shit.
Do you live in the Seattle area, too? Or is that a coincidence?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Iowa, so definitely a coincidence.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Dunno if that's true in most of the American south, or only because we're close to West Virginia.  Also it's probably an antiquated term, mostly.
Maybe slightly antiquated, but I've heard it in my lifetime and not terribly long ago, here in north florida. Don't think I've heard my or the next generation(s) use it, but the one before me, definitely.

Never really got the specifically second cousin thing, though. From what I remember it was mostly anything past first and not enough steps away you're not entirely sure if they're related or not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Not sure if I remember correctly, but Elfin Leid had a little bit of incesty overtones?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Not sure if I remember correctly, but Elfin Leid had a little bit of incesty overtones?
Cousins again, but there was definitely something there. They did kiss at one point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The anime thread is that way, guize.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I thought we were talking about incest, and the animus were incidental.

No, hang on, I always assume we're talking about incest.

Are we?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It depends... are we related~?

* Yoink waggles his eyebrows in a truly horrifying manner.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

The anime thread is that way, guize.
But they weren't talking about anime anymore ._.

Anyway, ALMOST DONE FIFTH BOOK OF GoT
AUGH
AAUUUUUGH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH winds of winter when
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10337 10338 [10339] 10340 10341 ... 13325