Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10336 10337 [10338] 10339 10340 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771579 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On another vaguely food-related note, I brewed my first-ever pot of tea last night. :D
It was a bit weak for my tastes, but oh well. At least I did it myself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

OH GOD I JUST GOT TO A WHOLE LOT FOR THAT RIGHT NOW AND
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
also NO
There's no shame in skipping to season 2 if you can't stomach that kind of stuff. :P You don't really miss any truly important pieces of characterization (maybe watch the last episode to watch the standard "Kirito being awesome" stuff and then go right to season 2 :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I managed to finish SAO, but I think I have to restate that I really dislike Kirito and Asuna and I wish they die in a fire.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Searching for music on Youtube causes Youtube to recommend "Did you mean Darude - Sandstorm?"

gg, april 1st, gg.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

OH GOD I JUST GOT TO A WHOLE LOT FOR THAT RIGHT NOW AND
also NO
There's no shame in skipping to season 2 if you can't stomach that kind of stuff. :P You don't really miss any truly important pieces of characterization (maybe watch the last episode to watch the standard "Kirito being awesome" stuff and then go right to season 2 :P).
Here's a tip: once the SAO part of SAO ends, just watch this and that's all you need to know about the ALO arc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

El cheapo macaroni and cheese is a marvelous comfort food.

Also, just finished up a two page essay on why moral beliefs are just awful at passing even the flimsiest standard of review on their own. I'm not kidding - one more line and I'd be over the two page limit (and this is one of those cases where the limit is imposed to force us to be concise, so it's vaguely important). So that's one more obstacle down. Of course, I have a presentation to give tomorrow on the importance of not being a controlling jackass as a boss, plus a big ol' assignment due this weekend, not to mention a quiz to take. The treadmill keeps running.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Ah, Kraft Mac & Cheese. I like the ones with Ninja Turtles shapes!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The second arc of season 1 is... ok, at best. It does a lot of things a lot of people don't really like.
If by "things a lot of people don't like," you mean "incest, rape vibes, taking the competent female character and making her a useless damsel in distress, and did I mention incest," then yes, it does.
What do you mean? That sounds fantastic. I'm going to have to watch this now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Ah, Kraft Mac & Cheese. I like the ones with Ninja Turtles shapes!
That's rather high-brow for what I'm describing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The second arc of season 1 is... ok, at best. It does a lot of things a lot of people don't really like.
If by "things a lot of people don't like," you mean "incest, rape vibes, taking the competent female character and making her a useless damsel in distress, and did I mention incest," then yes, it does.
What do you mean? That sounds fantastic. I'm going to have to watch this now.

In SAO they're cousins, but she calls him "onii-chan" so she is like a faux-sister. It's fauxcest. And it even wimps out of that. In a way I have less respect for this sort of cheap tease that doesn't have the guts to commit than a show where they're all "ok they're brother and sister and they're totally banging. Don't like it? Don't watch!"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:29:31 am by Reelya »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

In SAO they're cousins, but she calls him "onii-chan" so she is like a faux-sister. It's fauxcest. And it even wimps out of that. In a way I have less respect for this sort of cheap tease that doesn't have the guts to commit than a show where they're all "ok they're brother and sister and they're totally banging. Don't like it? Don't watch!"
Wait. Is cousins not incest territory? Seems like it. Cousins means their parents are related in some way, so they share some genes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Wait. Is cousins not incest territory? Seems like it. Cousins means their parents are related in some way, so they share some genes.
Not in Japan.

Hell, not in America either, judging by that Sailor Moon dub. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone shares some genes and is related, so everything is incest. So of course there is a grey line of what actually constitutes incest in a legal sense. Each locale has their own rules. First cousin marriages are actually completely legal in many countries, and it's 50/50 in the USA based on state. In some places. e.g. New Zealand even aunts/uncles aren't legally defined as incest.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:44:56 am by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Insert redneck joke here.

Well that's disappointing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Well um.  Around here there's a term called "Kissing cousins" which basically means "Second cousins".  So your uncle/aunt's kids are off limits, but beyond that...  Yeah...

Dunno if that's true in most of the American south, or only because we're close to West Virginia.  Also it's probably an antiquated term, mostly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10336 10337 [10338] 10339 10340 ... 13325