Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10249 10250 [10251] 10252 10253 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755546 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Discovered the alpha for the new Unreal Tournament is available for (nearly) everyone (Windows and Mac, Linux is out of luck). Time to check it out.
Oh snap, I need to look that up.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

Nah, it means that if you have a syrup in a glass container, consuming it will turn you into solid gold.

Which is rather horrifying.

Well seeing as I had syrup in a glass container, both maple and Mrs. Buttersworth before the movie, it must be a lie. Also, one of the guys on youtube I follow is a Canadian engineer and he has maple syrup baked beans on white toast.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a bed! Now, to get it home and assemble it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Discovered the alpha for the new Unreal Tournament is available for (nearly) everyone (Windows and Mac, Linux is out of luck). Time to check it out.
Thanks for the heads-up. Gonna get it. Let's hope my machine can handle it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Smugly racist Kermit is evolving:

We really do need a Forwards from Grandma thread.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Thanks for the heads-up. Gonna get it. Let's hope my machine can handle it.
So, played it. Maps are pretty much full placeholder assets. Weapons, the two skins (Malcom, of course, and Necris Male) and pickups at least are fully modeled and just feel good to use. There seem to be a few new features to some weapons, such as the link gun beam pulling people (correct me if this was already in earlier UTs and I simply never noticed). There are also a couple of hats, indicating this will go down the TF2 route.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

So, played it. Maps are pretty much full placeholder assets. Weapons, the two skins (Malcom, of course, and Necris Male) and pickups at least are fully modeled and just feel good to use. There seem to be a few new features to some weapons, such as the link gun beam pulling people (correct me if this was already in earlier UTs and I simply never noticed). There are also a couple of hats, indicating this will go down the TF2 route.
Hats
Good for them, I guess...  TF2 is still good despite, well frankly because of, the hat-based economy fueling development.
I'm very nostalgic for the original Unreal, though.  I wish we had more of that, instead of this Unreal Tournament stuff.
Even though they did a pretty good job with the setting for a *death tournament*, somehow, and the story-based Unreal 2 was kinda crap.

They overengineered the original engine so much that they really just had to make expansions like Return to Na Pali, but nooo, they just had to create ground-breaking engines connected to mediocre games.  And by doing so, facilitated the multitude of great games which use their engines.

Meh, I'm just nostalgic for my first FPS.  Not surprising since I had to wake up at 5-6AM and play it in secret for months so my parents wouldn't find out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

UT99, plasma guns only fried targets, 2k3/4 could also heal teammates, UT3 could remain connected for a wider radius; so I guess towing targets is another feature added to them. On that note, I wonder what upgrades to other weapons are given (streaming shock-combos?). Undoubtedly, I would assume they'd have a 'classic settings/classic weapons' mutator for those of us that miss the UT99 limits.

EDIT:
I would agree though. I do miss the classic Unreal setting and such. Expanding that story would be nice. UT2 was on the mediocre side, though I would admit, the living planet was pretty cool. It was pretty intense running away from antibodies the size of dogs, and watching them rip apart the troops charging after you earlier.

EDIT EDIT:
Guess I mis-remembered the link guns. I didn't use them nearly as much as I expected. It felt like the plasma gun was more effective than the link gun. They helped repair nodes in onslaught, I do recall that.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I don't want hats. I want mutators and mods. Hats are TF2's hat; redundant as that sounds, it's true. Muties and mods are Unreal's.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:46:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

UT99, plasma guns only fried targets, 2k3/4 could also heal teammates, UT3 could remain connected for a wider radius; so I guess towing targets is another feature added to them. On that note, I wonder what upgrades to other weapons are given (streaming shock-combos?). Undoubtedly, I would assume they'd have a 'classic settings/classic weapons' mutator for those of us that miss the UT99 limits.
They didn't heal, they would double the power of the link gun the other guy held. They could repair vehicles, though.
So no, the ability to move enemies with it is new.
As for streaming shock combos, then Hellbender and the shock rifle carried by Titans already do this.

I am saddened greatly to hear of hats, and the route that will be going down, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

So... people from the Lego Movie are apparently involved in an upcoming Adventure Time movie.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bed is assembled! :D
Shame I bought a doona cover instead of an oversheet, but oh well. I have a fitted sheet, pillows, pillow cases...
Pretty well set up in the bed department. Next time I get paid I'll see about getting my hands on some blankets, sheets, maybe some bedside tables. I kinda need a desk, too. After that I'll just have to pretty up my room in general.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

So... people from the Lego Movie are apparently involved in an upcoming Adventure Time movie.
MY YES
TAKE ALL OF IT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile

MY YES
TAKE ALL OF IT
Oh most spit my drink after reading this.
Sound like a great match but depend if it is the technical side or the same people that made '21 Jump Street'

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I finally got around to trying the Demonsteele mod for Zdoom.

Holy shit that was fun, easier than normal for sure. But fun.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Browsed the Cutes Thread on {Overall better internet than the regularly used line}.
Lots of amazing content. :))

Edit: And also this thingy that a friend shared.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:41:00 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 10249 10250 [10251] 10252 10253 ... 13325