Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10053 10054 [10055] 10056 10057 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752856 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150810 on: January 23, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »

Ah, I see the difference then. We have a beep to get down and a beep to get back.

Your standards are still less than they are here... Which is weird...

Unless the test is trying to see if we are up to military standards... And if thats true...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150811 on: January 23, 2015, 12:50:44 pm »

I don't even know what a beep test is. Here in hippie commune Sweden the only hero test I can think of was the hearing part of the schoolyear health checkups.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150812 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »

So other people have experienced the horror of the dreaded Beep Test?
Nope. We had gassers. Same thing, just manually controlled by a sadistic football coach, and the width of the football field.

Width of the football field sounds better, actually. The beep test thingy is like eight meters, so you have to keep stopping.
I'd prefer more stoppages. Running 48m over and over and over at a full tilt until everyone collapses is no fun. Also, my cardio has always sucked, but my speed was always well above average. My 40 yard (~38m) time was just under 6 seconds when I went into high school, and in my junior year, it was about 5.4 seconds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150813 on: January 23, 2015, 01:01:00 pm »

Nope. We had gassers. Same thing, just manually controlled by a sadistic football coach, and the width of the football field.

Width of the football field sounds better, actually. The beep test thingy is like eight meters, so you have to keep stopping.
I'd prefer more stoppages. Running 48m over and over and over at a full tilt until everyone collapses is no fun. Also, my cardio has always sucked, but my speed was always well above average. My 40 yard (~38m) time was just under 6 seconds when I went into high school, and in my junior year, it was about 5.4 seconds.
Damn son, you could almost fill any role on the football field with that.
  Well, if you have the endurance you could :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #150814 on: January 23, 2015, 01:02:13 pm »

Trust me, running a few metres and then stopping for a few seconds repeatedly is nowhere near as easy as running continuously. I can run shuttles for much longer than I can run the short beep stints.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150815 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:57 pm »

I usually do really shitty, because I have asthma which would always kick in around a certain number of beeps and I wouldn't be able to continue.

Do you take a shot of your inhaler (assuming you use inhalers) beforehand? You should talk to your doctor. If your asthma is triggered by exercise it's generally recommended to take the inhaler about 15 minutes before hand. (I love me my sabutomol (apparently called albuterol in the states because why use the accepted international name? Nutters).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150816 on: January 23, 2015, 01:19:32 pm »

Damn son, you could almost fill any role on the football field with that.
  Well, if you have the endurance you could :P
My endurance has always been terrible. Also, it's very hard for me to run nowadays with my destroyed knees and swiss cheese spinal column. (That, and all the extra weight I put on because I still eat like an athlete and can't train due to excess pain.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #150817 on: January 23, 2015, 04:18:12 pm »

Beep test?  I busted my knee trying to keep up with the Albanian immigrant who made it to 24.  I only made it to 16 or so, iirc.
  That things evil.  It made my knee bad, trying to twist around to run the other way.
24?
16?
Beep test?
The fuck kinda drugs were you guys on
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #150819 on: January 23, 2015, 04:38:49 pm »

You're p fast MZ.

I remember doing down-and-backs for physical fitness with erasers in middle school, but we never did any speed tests for physical fitness in HS, there was only the mile run.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #150820 on: January 23, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

Back in high school football, it was all about endurance. We did something called indian run, where the entire team would run a fast-paced jog around the field for a set interval of time (usually about 25-30 minutes). Every minute or so, the coach blows the whistle and a player sprints from the very back of the line to the very front. I was in shape (about 250 lbs. at the time, which is in shape compared to my weight now), and I could usually keep pace for about 15 minutes or so before I started breathing really heavy. By the end you're grateful you made it out alive, let alone whether or not you kept pace.

Also someone mentioned gassers which can suck a whole back of cocks. They were usually only a once-a-week exercise, but whenever we did them we'd usually run a fuckton and it would be terrible.

Heh, and those were just for conditioning, not even getting into punishment runs. One time a few of our players were fucking around during stretches, and our coaches made them sit in the middle of the field while the rest ran suicides for the entire length of the football field. Bull in the ring was popular as well, where one player gets thrown in the middle and has to hit the shit out of someone in the ring paced to the coach's whistle (basically one hit ~5 seconds for about three minutes, then the next player goes).

The worst I ever saw was when someone got caught drunk in class and had to run up the river down the river. For the uninformed, this is running the width of the lines on the football field that mark every five yards on the field. Up and down, all the way across the field, and all the way back.

The beep test doesn't look that hard, looks a fucking ton easier than 40's or gassers.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150821 on: January 23, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »

Mine is run across the length of the basketball court, and each beep is for one run forwards.
It has the stages of 5-10 thing, and each stage I've heard is around 1 minute. The test gets progressively faster.

That's how my school does it too
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #150822 on: January 23, 2015, 05:25:19 pm »

Mine is run across the length of the basketball court, and each beep is for one run forwards.
It has the stages of 5-10 thing, and each stage I've heard is around 1 minute. The test gets progressively faster.

That's how my school does it too
same here.
Which means that my 4.5 is equivalent to running some 30-40 times across the sports hall. I dunno  I wasn't counting.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150823 on: January 23, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

They call those "levels" here in the US...

Oh gods, ythey base the "healthy" level off of the levels? Gods, thats hell...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150824 on: January 23, 2015, 05:41:41 pm »

THERE IS A DOCTOR WHO MOD FOR FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
AND IT IS AMAZING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10053 10054 [10055] 10056 10057 ... 13325