Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10052 10053 [10054] 10055 10056 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752832 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150795 on: January 23, 2015, 11:32:02 am »

our 'exam' was just a finisher to the dance unit *spit*

Two of each dance. That's six dances just for the square dancing bit, six for our line dances, and four for the mixers.
I'm so glad it's over.

Well, our test is different.
We have a machine that beeps periodically, and you have to run from one end of the hall to the other between beeps. Your score is measured by the amount of beeps you lasted, since the interval constantly gets lower.

Ah yes, the glorious Beep Test.

I know it by no other name. I hate it.
Same. We call it The Beep Test. I usually give out at around...Six-five? I forget.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150796 on: January 23, 2015, 11:36:52 am »

So other people have experienced the horror of the dreaded Beep Test?
Nope. We had gassers. Same thing, just manually controlled by a sadistic football coach, and the width of the football field.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150797 on: January 23, 2015, 11:37:53 am »

Max, I think you need a hug.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150798 on: January 23, 2015, 11:47:56 am »

Well, our test is different.
We have a machine that beeps periodically, and you have to run from one end of the hall to the other between beeps. Your score is measured by the amount of beeps you lasted, since the interval constantly gets lower.

Ah yes, the glorious Beep Test.

I know it by no other name. I hate it.
Same. We call it The Beep Test. I usually give out at around...Six-five? I forget.

I'm glad we never had to do this. At the beginning of our PE class we had to do so many reps/minute in a number of exercises (according to standards set by some organization or other,) then run a mile in a certain amount of time. It wasn't for a grade in the beginning, but it was when we did it again at the end. Your grade for each exercise was determined by the portion of reps you actually completed in the allotted time/number required, and at the teacher's discretion based on your mile time. This was probably more difficult, but it is more comprehensive and seems a lot less pointless. The standards weren't ridiculous, and the only kid who didn't get an A or B was the one who never showed up. This was the summer gym course though, so they had to pack a semester's worth of gym into about 3 weeks. I never took gym during the school year to make room for other stuf but I heard it was pretty much how everyone else  here describes it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #150799 on: January 23, 2015, 12:06:26 pm »

Nope. We had gassers. Same thing, just manually controlled by a sadistic football coach, and the width of the football field.

Width of the football field sounds better, actually. The beep test thingy is like eight meters, so you have to keep stopping.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #150800 on: January 23, 2015, 12:15:28 pm »

I usually do really shitty, because I have asthma which would always kick in around a certain number of beeps and I wouldn't be able to continue.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #150801 on: January 23, 2015, 12:21:10 pm »

Hah.
I only ever get to around 4.5.
You can laugh at me now.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #150802 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »

Interesting.  We never had that sort of thing.  When we did the shuttle run, they put down two lines of masking tape and a chalkboard eraser at the opposite line from the line where the student started.  Start the stopwatch, the student runs down, grabs the eraser, and runs back to the start line.  One timed lap, and maybe one repeat if they had enough time reserved to go through the entire class twice.  It was probably the only physical fitness test I actually didn't completely hate, not like the mile run (which I consistently took at least a half-hour or longer on; despite the difference in mass, I was always slower even than the aforementioned "fat kids," much to the frustration of at least one PE teacher who thought I was intentionally putting no effort in). 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:30:41 pm by Culise »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150803 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »

Beep test?  I busted my knee trying to keep up with the Albanian immigrant who made it to 24.  I only made it to 16 or so, iirc.
  That things evil.  It made my knee bad, trying to twist around to run the other way.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #150804 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:02 pm »

Oh god, the beep test. My record was 6, mostly because whilst I didn't get that tired, I'm rather slow.

Though it's worth bearing in mind that there are many different variants, some harder than others. not to mention the completely non-standardised distances :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #150805 on: January 23, 2015, 12:32:02 pm »

Beep test?  I busted my knee trying to keep up with the Albanian immigrant who made it to 24.  I only made it to 16 or so, iirc.
  That things evil.  It made my knee bad, trying to twist around to run the other way.
Only 16 he says.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150806 on: January 23, 2015, 12:38:52 pm »

I have no idea what you lot mean by 16, 10 or whatever.

In 'murica the "healthy" minimum is about 35, which means running up and down a basketball court 35 times...

The sad thing is, I cant manage 20 these days, but once I managed 50...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #150807 on: January 23, 2015, 12:39:36 pm »

It's a specific fitness test that goes up to certain levels.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150808 on: January 23, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »

I know. I just dont know what you mean by 10, since if that is the minimum, you guys have alot less stringent standards than this hellhole.

-dang ninja-
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150809 on: January 23, 2015, 12:47:29 pm »

hmm.  Yea, we would run up and down our basketball court before each beep.  We had to touch the black lines that marked 'out-of-bounds', and I was 2nd of my class.  I'm almost positive at this point that we have different standards that were applied.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10052 10053 [10054] 10055 10056 ... 13325