Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9854 9855 [9856] 9857 9858 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796335 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147825 on: December 16, 2014, 10:53:53 pm »

Ah, I was reminded of a blog that had nearly slipped from my memory today via a link to one of the best articles on it, a juicy bit regarding FOOF.
I still love that blog.  My favorite is still his article on chlorine trifluoride, for the pithy quote from Ignition.
”It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water-with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals-steel, copper, aluminium, etc.-because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminium keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.”

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #147826 on: December 16, 2014, 11:23:04 pm »

I've written 12 pages today. I'm still not done - I now need to dig up the case law to substantiate the claims of the essay. But the gist is there, and I may yet finish it before lunch tomorrow (if I fail, I need to actually show up for the designated time of the final, and if I'm the only one who forces the professor to actually show up, there will be much disappointment all around).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #147827 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:59 am »

I still love that blog. 
Ah. I've seen it once before; an article on something really really smelly, the smelliest thing on the planet.
But back then it didn't occur to me to check out his other articles. I just clicked the 'things I won't work with' CATEGORY link. I mean, he has a whole series on various things that will kill you in uncreative but increasingly excessive manners.

Damn that's hilarious.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147828 on: December 17, 2014, 12:06:06 am »

Make sure to check the "how not to do it" series as well, it's pretty remarkable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147829 on: December 17, 2014, 12:07:59 am »

The sensitivity of C2N14 is beyond our capabilities of measurement
holy carp this blog is amazing i will be up all night
The Cyan Menace

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147830 on: December 17, 2014, 12:18:51 am »

Ah, I was reminded of a blog that had nearly slipped from my memory today via a link to one of the best articles on it, a juicy bit regarding FOOF.
I still love that blog.  My favorite is still his article on chlorine trifluoride, for the pithy quote from Ignition.
”It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water-with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals-steel, copper, aluminium, etc.-because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminium keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.”
I always love sarcastic scientists, and hope to become one myself someday.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147831 on: December 17, 2014, 12:38:27 am »

All exams finished, and I just got back home for Christmas! I'm super pumped for both of these things, but what takes the cake is the 13 hours of sleep I'm going to start up in just a few minutes.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147832 on: December 17, 2014, 01:33:12 am »

Ah. I've seen it once before; an article on something really really smelly, the smelliest thing on the planet.
Found the article in question!
So we have Hell's Dumpster and Satan's Kimchi; what happens when you mix the two? Does your building get condemned for being "a literal hell on earth"?
The Cyan Menace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147833 on: December 17, 2014, 01:35:19 am »

You know stuff smells bad when entire neighbourhoods have to get evacuated because you dropped some of it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147834 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:56 am »

I always love sarcastic scientists, and hope to become one myself someday.
I don't think that was sarcasm...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #147835 on: December 17, 2014, 02:33:43 am »

Just posting to mention, likely a bit late for some (Considering it dates back to 2007 for the smaller original print, or 2009 for the bigger release). That Rosenkreuzstilette is pretty awesome. Fills the big void that capcom left after they decided megaman should die.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147836 on: December 17, 2014, 06:25:56 am »

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, today is my birthday, happy birthday to me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #147837 on: December 17, 2014, 06:27:26 am »

Yay!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147838 on: December 17, 2014, 08:10:39 am »

Happy cake day!
Have fun
*begins arming cake cannon

Happys this morning: about to start a game to replace scream aim fire because that derailed in such great proportions I didn't know what I was doing with it. The new game I'm thinking of should be good fun.
Search for Sanctuary is coming to a close and I'm amazed anyone stuck with it this far as I just made most of it up as I went along. War for Sanctuary is about to start and I know more of what I want to do with that than it's predecessor.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147839 on: December 17, 2014, 08:45:51 am »

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, today is my birthday, happy birthday to me.
Wait.  Where is your cake . . .   You . . . you ate it already ?!!

---

Here, have my hoppy-cake
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 9854 9855 [9856] 9857 9858 ... 13325