Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9758 9759 [9760] 9761 9762 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761706 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #146385 on: November 25, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »

Yeah, I can understand that, but it makes me a bit uncomfortable, and judging by FD's reaction I'm not the only one. I'd rather it didn't end up going further, basically.
Mm. It's part because there are people who will take the joke as an invitation, and part because some people don't understand that there's a point where it stops being a joke and starts being creepy. S'like, last time I think it got to the point where there was a big chart drawn up of all the people being shipped with each other (IIRC, my memory might be fading), which is long past the stage of being slightly amusing and well into the "what the hell are you doing" territory of distasteful and self-referential "humor".

It'd be all good (though still more than a little bizarre) if it only took place in PMs or a dedicated thread between and about people who actively consented to being involved, but the chances of that happening without a hitch are longer than those for successfully navigating an asteroid belt.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146386 on: November 25, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »

Navigating an asteroid belt is p. easy though.

EDIT: Well I guess it depends what you're navigating. Something human-made would have no troubles, but maybe you might encounter issues trying to get a gas giant or something through. Then again, you don't tend to worry much about those getting hit, not being solid and all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146387 on: November 25, 2014, 06:35:51 pm »

For everything else, there's Harkness.
I think Harkness falls under 'Omnisexual'
Can I just say that I absolutely love Captain Jack Harkness? If you want to make a queer character right, you make them like Jack Harkness. Openly queer without becoming a stereotype, and it isn't his one defining character trait. He talks about homosexual relationships the same way he talks about heterosexual relationships, and nobody he hangs out with really finds it surprising or disgusting. Until he goes into the inter-species relationships, of course, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146388 on: November 25, 2014, 06:48:08 pm »

Navigating an asteroid belt is p. easy though.

EDIT: Well I guess it depends what you're navigating. Something human-made would have no troubles, but maybe you might encounter issues trying to get a gas giant or something through. Then again, you don't tend to worry much about those getting hit, not being solid and all.
True enough, but if you screw up the results are catastrophic.

Okay, no, I'll just bite the bullet and admit that I accidentally misquoted it as 'belt' rather than 'field'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146389 on: November 25, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »

He talks about homosexual relationships the same way he talks about heterosexual relationships, and nobody he hangs out with really finds it surprising or disgusting. Until he goes into the inter-species relationships, of course, but that's a whole other can of worms.
Ooh, is this the cue for our bi-annual bestiality discussion?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #146390 on: November 25, 2014, 06:57:01 pm »

Bestiality is best...

Wait, this doesn't work. Goddammit.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146391 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »

Can I just say that I absolutely love Captain Jack Harkness? If you want to make a queer character right, you make them like Jack Harkness. Openly queer without becoming a stereotype, and it isn't his one defining character trait. He talks about homosexual relationships the same way he talks about heterosexual relationships, and nobody he hangs out with really finds it surprising or disgusting. Until he goes into the inter-species relationships, of course, but that's a whole other can of worms.

He was in town this weekend and I couldn't see him. Probably belongs in the sad thread but the subject is being discussed here...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146392 on: November 25, 2014, 07:07:56 pm »

Two ten page essays and a midterm done within two days! And I'm heading home for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Time to bing watch some TV!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #146393 on: November 25, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »

Two ten page essays and a midterm done within two days! And I'm heading home for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Time to bing watch some TV!
Congratz! I knew you could do it!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146394 on: November 25, 2014, 07:16:44 pm »

He was in town this weekend and I couldn't see him. Probably belongs in the sad thread but the subject is being discussed here...
John Barrowman? What was he doing? A play or something?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146395 on: November 25, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »

Congratz! I knew you could do it!
Thanks! I honestly wasn't sure I could.
Had to pull my first all nighter to get it done Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sans caffeine. Not as productive as I predicted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146396 on: November 25, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

scrubs haven't had thanksgiving yet

canada fo' the win
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146397 on: November 25, 2014, 07:35:55 pm »

but what if you're a canadian american.
do you get two thanksgivings?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146398 on: November 25, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »

Canadians beat us normal people to respective national holidays and Thanksgiving.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146399 on: November 25, 2014, 07:45:54 pm »

We get shit out of the way, so no holidays while we shovel snow n' shit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9758 9759 [9760] 9761 9762 ... 13325