Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9704 9705 [9706] 9707 9708 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15803291 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145575 on: November 14, 2014, 02:27:13 pm »

As I sit here in my office, digesting a magnificent burrito and sipping from a mug of tea, reading Pliny's account of the basic nature of the world while waiting for updates on a /tg/ quest thread, I can't help but notice that at some point my life took a turn for the awesome.
I feel the same way. I'm completely caught up in many of my shows, and then some (to the point having a DVR would be rather moot, or even redundant; even my Saturday nights are freed, comparing my progress to Toonami's schedule), I have no more commitments that demand me to an insane degree, no more bosses running me ragged (and no more getting soaked in tracked-in dirt traffic (carpet cleaning)), no more prep work for a massive event (being part of a wedding prep crew over the course of a couple months wears you out big time).

Basically, all I have to worry about is work I want to get myself involved in to fill in my time (and doing some quick math to make sure the jobs I pick up are worth my time, I can accomplish skillfully (and quickly enough), and pays well enough; or to help me negotiate more fairly; mutually speaking. My other 'wasted time' making all kinds of spreadsheets and such come pretty handy for stuff like that), and make a quick buck off of it in the process. With the rest of my time, I can relax, and veg-out for a bit; fragging Lovecraftian terrors, breaking a few games (via Cheat Engine dickery) and such, solving puzzles, taking a walk while the weather still permits it, and overall, just having fun keeping myself busy. In a sense, I feel like I regained control over my life again. That is a good feeling to have, again.

Provided enough stability with it, I feel like I can have the time again to play some DF, and try to run a fortress. No megaprojects; just making a fortress for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:32:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145576 on: November 14, 2014, 02:38:05 pm »

I'm happy today is a friday.  I just got to make it through a day of work, and then its Booze+Nachos+Agents of Shield time.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #145577 on: November 14, 2014, 03:52:11 pm »

GOG to the rescue, I started playing the "directors cut" of Broken Sword and after a while I came to the conclusion that this version was almost worse than what george lucas kept doing to star wars. Luckily gog apparently offered the original version bundled in with the purchase.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #145578 on: November 14, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »

New boots, new socks, new computer mouse. I've bought a lot of new things today but they're all good purchases and hopefully durable.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145579 on: November 14, 2014, 06:28:52 pm »

My friend just "grimdark'd" a company headshot photo that work took of me. So now I look like a 40k inquisitor. It's completely bad ass. I'll post it when he's finished.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145580 on: November 14, 2014, 08:42:41 pm »

My friend just "grimdark'd" a company headshot photo that work took of me. So now I look like a 40k inquisitor. It's completely bad ass. I'll post it when he's finished.
Ooh, looking forward to seeing that.
--

I finally got around to playing Warframe. Why in the world did I wait so long to get into bullshit space ninja murderhobos? Better yet, since I'm playing on a uni net without my own router, I've got strict NAT and end up having to solo everything, which makes it more difficult fun than with a squad.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145581 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »

Iiiit's B-Grade movie time! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #145582 on: November 14, 2014, 09:03:57 pm »

What's tonight's film, Yoink?

Please tell me you're going to go all MST3K on this thing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145583 on: November 14, 2014, 09:07:28 pm »

As I sit here in my office, digesting a magnificent burrito and sipping from a mug of tea, reading Pliny's account of the basic nature of the world while waiting for updates on a /tg/ quest thread, I can't help but notice that at some point my life took a turn for the awesome.
Holy fuckballs how do I Bauglir job? I want a desk job so bad...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145584 on: November 14, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »

My gods, this movie is fucking brilliant!
I'm watching Class of Nuke 'Em High, and oh boy it is good fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145585 on: November 14, 2014, 10:11:21 pm »

Then, years later, a movie is made about the thread.
Someones makes a thread about the movie based on the thread and a loop is created.
Recursion.

Also, Caroline, I'm kind of curious as to why you snatched Toady's comment on the mafia subforum and made it your sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145586 on: November 14, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »

You should make a thread.
Name it "Yoink's movie adventures!"
Huh, you know, I might do that sometime. I've certainly been watching a lot more movies lately.
I plan on tracking down a lot more hilarious B-Grade titles, too. I still have two more films in the Nuke 'Em High trilogy to go, as well...
Booze is Life for Yoink

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145587 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »

Nuke 'Em High
What is this and why have I never heard of it before?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #145588 on: November 14, 2014, 10:39:58 pm »

You should make a thread.
Name it "Yoink's movie adventures!"
Huh, you know, I might do that sometime. I've certainly been watching a lot more movies lately.
I plan on tracking down a lot more hilarious B-Grade titles, too. I still have two more films in the Nuke 'Em High trilogy to go, as well...
You need to do this.

Mystery ‼SCIENCE‼ Thread 12.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145589 on: November 15, 2014, 01:08:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This pleases me.
Pages: 1 ... 9704 9705 [9706] 9707 9708 ... 13325