Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9193 9194 [9195] 9196 9197 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796134 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137910 on: August 15, 2014, 08:06:53 am »

I have today, Saturday and Sunday. Free.

Then Monday is the start of advanced art class regarding natural landscaping.

* Tiruin clasps her hands.
Time to get productive.
\o/
Meanwhile, I get paid today (while this sounds like a good thing, it also means I have to drive everybody around the entire day) and I work a long shift tomorrow.
With the library closed on Sundays and me being out of town Monday, I will have to try to find time to work on anything.

But back to happies: The reason I'll be out of town is because I'll be going up to see a neurologist to find out if what I have is physical or not so they can treat me better. Progress!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #137911 on: August 15, 2014, 09:19:05 am »

Had an interesting morning. Finally took my morning walk I've been wanting to do for weeks. Stopping by the river by the national park, which I also been meaning to do next time I go out, I was minding my own business, and taking nature in; and apparently, I think I was witness to some UFO activity (a previous potential one was possibly a sky battle some months ago around midnight). I realized that I tend to under-react a whole lot. Summary: My best expression would be "Huh.", and wonder more what they're doing around these parts, or in the case of the battle above, provide combat commentary like an announcer.

I jotted down some notes of what I saw. I know they had to be UFOs, because it looked like one had more lights blinking on it than an airliner or blimp would carry, shimmered more than any other aircraft normally would (no paint job probably, or chromed out like a big rig), and also had 3 rather large white orbs of light from front to back that covered a majority of the craft, and was significantly big (close to 40 130 meters long), and possibly cylindrical shaped (my eyes suck, so I can't make it out clearly; could be a giant boomerang for all I know, seen from the side), and tagging alongside it was a red ball of light, about as big as one of the lights on the bigger one (maybe 1/3 the size of the bigger one, overall). I would assume the small red orb that was joyriding across the sky was a scout (or the captain of the bigger ship going for a joyride), and the bigger slower one was a capital ship. If I had a better look at them, I could probably even say it could be similar to the ship I saw long ago when I first moved down here (a good couple decades ago); though that one was more saucer-ish, but built more stoutly jellyfish-like (like the District 9 ship).

If it weren't for the incoming storm, I probably wouldn't have even noticed them just chilling out and drifting across the horizon. Sorry, no pics. I didn't have my phone, nor camera, on me. I'm checking Google Earth right now to get an idea of exactly where they were, and their flight path.

EDIT:

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I checked MUFON out, and it seems further south, Bright Red Baron (just like my case, it flew erratically, and essentially joyriding the skies) has been spotted in the Keys in Marathon, FL; based on the description, has to be the same ship. Witness was like me: Been about the same amount of time since last confirmed sighting (15-odd years; me, closer to 20 years, unless the midnight battle a few months ago was real (looked like one hell of a meteor shower; except it took place in a relatively tiny space in the sky, and stars were shooting each other. Why I assumed it was a battle, and not a meteor shower.)). Report was made 5 days ago. Has to be the same ships.

Anything interesting going on in FL that I'm missing out on? Aliens wouldn't be chilling out around these parts otherwise (unless some tourists were some in their downtime).

All in all, knocked me out of whatever funk I was in all week. It was pretty neat to watch, like a whale and a dolphin swimming past in clear view. Now if they can mimic that one time I was swimming with the small pod of manatees (about 3-4 of them in the group) in the ocean in the afternoon (in other words, a much better look at them, and maybe have them flying right over my head in broad daylight), then I have lived. I mean, to repeat what I saw decades ago, and understand what I'm looking at this time, and not nearly crap myself. Let me get a beer, a bowl, and maybe a snack, so I can properly enjoy this. I mean, you don't see this shit every day; sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:02:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137912 on: August 15, 2014, 09:20:09 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rrMojC-DJg

King Henry VIII was many things, but at least he could write.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137913 on: August 15, 2014, 10:34:43 am »

I just watched the first season of Utopia.

Such a brilliant show.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #137914 on: August 15, 2014, 11:28:20 am »

I just watched the first season of Utopia.

Such a brilliant show.
Agreed! It's one of my favorite television series in a long while. Check out the 2nd season if you can: it's just as good.

Speaking of favorite shows, I watched the entirety of Rick & Morty yesterday. My brother described it as exactly for me as "It has that right combination of things you like: funny, character-based humor and existential horror". This is a pretty good description of the show and I love it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #137915 on: August 15, 2014, 11:40:21 am »

Makin' me a d&d homebrew by converting skyrim into a campaign setting aw yeah. The races are pretty bastardly powerful though. By trying to keep true to in-game abilities, I gave High Elves the ability to recover a single cast spell per day plus a +1 DC on a selected school of magic, and argonians a personal lay-on-hands and the ability to breathe water with a native swim skill. Balancing's going to be a pain in the ass.

Full circle! Tamriel was originally a D&D homebrew setting.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #137916 on: August 15, 2014, 11:47:13 am »

M'f'n Yorkshire Puddings.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137917 on: August 15, 2014, 11:57:01 am »

M'f'n Yorkshire Puddings.

Oh good lord yes! My incredibly British grandmother I sadly don't get to see that often makes heavenly Yorkshire Pudding from scratch. They are probably the happiest food in the world. I am happy just thinking about them.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137918 on: August 15, 2014, 11:59:02 am »

Love Yorkshire Pudding, especially if they're made right.

Get 'em every Sunday.

*Drools*
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137919 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:47 pm »

Oh yeah, Yorkshire Puddings.
I mean, y'know, they're pretty good. Even though I'm practically drowning in the things.
You know.
In Yorkshire.

And if I ever see anything related to that disgusting excuse for a brand Aunt Bessie I shall ensure that there is at least one more person freed from the trauma of day to day life.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137920 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

I have never had a Yorkshire Pudding.
I don't think I could even get one where I live.
The Derail Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #137921 on: August 15, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »

They just look like funnily shaped rolls. They're not even pudding!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137922 on: August 15, 2014, 12:22:17 pm »

Well I doubt I've ever seen an actual one, then. :P

But no, I live in a very Podunk 'Murrica town, so I doubt I can find proper English cuisine.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137923 on: August 15, 2014, 12:24:07 pm »

You should buy Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puddings, Mastah.

I have yet to have a better pudding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9193 9194 [9195] 9196 9197 ... 13325