Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8891 8892 [8893] 8894 8895 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758752 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133380 on: July 03, 2014, 11:23:06 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:47:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133381 on: July 04, 2014, 12:55:40 am »

* Tiruin congratulates Vector anyway, also celebrates with tea.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133382 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:34 am »

*Sends a congratulate to Vector*

~

Today was a good day... first good day in a long damn while. Released a lot of to-do's and on-hold activites that had been weighing on me for a while.

- Sold a classic Honda that I've been restoring for what seems like forever, for a tidy profit. Finally able to free up that capital for something better.
- Got an amazing job at an industry-revered CNC machining facility. Although it's a payroll position, the ridiculously flexible hours and equally (postively) flexible pay make it seem like I'm still freelancing. It's secure, though. Finally.
- Finally finalized some stock transfers from a startup I did work for - they're finally mine, a few months later.
Most importantly, had dinner then cuddled & watched Critikal videos with my girlfriend that I hadn't seen in two weeks.

I'm just waiting for something to go wrong :/
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133383 on: July 04, 2014, 01:04:47 am »

* Sirus plays the curmudgeon
Plenty of jobs ask about availability during the opening application. Doesn't mean anything in particular.
Now, just because most of those jobs are minimum wage service positions and yours is a high-paying tutoring job does not in any way mean anything! The two are completely identical, honest!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #133384 on: July 04, 2014, 01:09:27 am »

I had a date yesterday, and I fucking blew her mind. :)

This girl hasn't ever been in a healthy, functional relationship. :/ She's always been mistreated and stuff. So I invited her over. She agreed, and I told her I would cook for her. I did. I made grilled tilapia (seasoned lightly and cooked in butter), portabella mushrooms stuffed with spinach, artichoke, and parmesan cheese, a fruit salad (black, blue, rasp and strawberries, cantelope, and pineapple), with a piece of toast on the side. I served her a glass of champagne with dinner, even though neither of us drank hardly any at all.

Then, after dinner, we watched Alien and had ice cream with chocolate syrup on top, and I played some very poignant songs for her. :) Then we went to bed, and I treated her like no one else had ever treated her before. :)
Congratulations on the girl and all, but I'm jealous of her. That meal sounds delicious.
Even if I've no idea what tilapia is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133385 on: July 04, 2014, 01:10:38 am »

Fish. White, light fish. Generally served without being breaded/fried/whatever like a lot of other whitefish species.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133386 on: July 04, 2014, 01:11:58 am »

well all i can say is you better keep that act up and be excellent to each other you not even donks because that's what is expected of you now and i guess of her also

* LordSlowpoke sips vodka out of wine glass

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #133387 on: July 04, 2014, 01:21:27 am »

Ganbatte, Vector!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #133388 on: July 04, 2014, 02:23:53 am »

I wonder why no one tries lemon in coca cola zero, cut the lemon in half, squeeze it on a squeezer, seive the juice through and pour coca cola into it and viola!
Stuff is delicious if you get it right.
All I can think of is that Simpsons episode where the mayor is all, "Sponsored by Buzz Cola with Lemon! Damn, that is a lemony cola."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133389 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:23 am »

um wow my toaster can play minecraft now? what the fuck mojang your optimization is decent

anyway HUZZAH

* LordSlowpoke builds a hat out of obsidian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133390 on: July 04, 2014, 04:10:17 am »

Someone (who I'm not sure if he's ok with being named) gave me XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
*looks at steam list*
...All my games are gifts ;_;
And I wish I knew much more about English to describe the thankfulness there :I
And Baldur's Gate :I GRAAAAHHHHHHH
Awesome game.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #133391 on: July 04, 2014, 04:54:47 am »

Man Baldur's gate. Only true way to go about it was as a mage. No fancy spells like call familiar either, 4-6hp or bust. (Sleeps totally okay though, as is horror)

Admittedly I feel like the enhanced version is more forgiving. I distinctly remember less magic items in the game as a child, like a lot less. No ring of double 1st level mage spells either. :T
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133392 on: July 04, 2014, 05:03:17 am »

On the topic of Baldur's Gate, there is a new RPG on steam called Divinity: Original Sin that's pretty decent. My housemate and I are enjoying it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133393 on: July 04, 2014, 06:02:21 am »

I remember playing Baldur's Gate. I'm not sure which instalment it was, but I slogged through it in split-screen with my half brother.
Man that shit was fun... I'll have to get at least one of those games before. I remember the sound effects and animations as you sliced your way through hordes of enemies being immensely satisfying... and collecting buttloads of loot was fun, too, even if the game suckered us out of our last big selling trip we had planned. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133394 on: July 04, 2014, 06:50:56 am »

Yeah after playing the original Fallout RPGs, I'm convinced that Fallout 3 really is a boring game and that I don't just have bad taste. These are way-y-y more fun and I can appreciate the atmosphere a lot more. I'm not even nostalgia biased this is my first time playing these games. And fuck these rad roaches are MUCH bigger, normally. The size of cars. Pretty terrifying. I already beat Fallout 1 (that one is surprisingly short, I wish I could make the second one work), and I'm burning through F:Tactics now. Next mission I have to take on the Beastlords, a gang of tribal savages, and intel says "they have deathclaws.".

Like, they just tamed them.

>_> <_<

If my experience in Fallout 3 is correct then fffffffffffuuuuuu- this is not gonna be fun but it's totally gonna be !!fun!!.
Pages: 1 ... 8891 8892 [8893] 8894 8895 ... 13325