Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8760 8761 [8762] 8763 8764 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768051 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [ ヽ(゜Q。)ノ] ONEEESAAAMAAAAAAA (Happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #131415 on: June 13, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »

How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a good movie.
Fuck yes it is.
Haven't seen it, but it certainly looks more entertaining than what little I saw of Frozen was.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #131416 on: June 13, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »

Is it overhyped? Yeah, probably, that doesn't automatically make it horrible (and in this case, not even it's own fault, more like the fault of the internet)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #131417 on: June 13, 2014, 03:05:38 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering why anyone would want to watch a kid's movie. A non nostalgic one, that is.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131418 on: June 13, 2014, 03:05:50 pm »

Damn ma'f'kas, why do your schools go so long? Does the year just go longer than it does here or do you start really late? I find the latter hard to believe given how much whining there is here about not being able to start until after Labor Day, usually the first week in September! All across the western US, from firsthand experience and stories of others, school usually starts in early August and gets done by early May.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131419 on: June 13, 2014, 03:06:50 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering why anyone would want to watch a kid's movie. A non nostalgic one, that is.
Because the books were p. good.
Then the films were generic hero-is-kind-of-odd-but-then-wins-the-acceptance-of-his-peers-and-defeats-the-enemy-and-gets-the-girl-and-everything-is-great formula.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #131420 on: June 13, 2014, 03:13:28 pm »

Damn ma'f'kas, why do your schools go so long? Does the year just go longer than it does here or do you start really late? I find the latter hard to believe given how much whining there is here about not being able to start until after Labor Day, usually the first week in September! All across the western US, from firsthand experience and stories of others, school usually starts in early August and gets done by early May.

Over here and at college level (it's different beforehand) it's October through July, although unofficially the actual learney parts end along with May and the remainder is exams.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131421 on: June 13, 2014, 03:21:48 pm »

Here elementary through high school ("primary" and "secondary" in furriner terms) goes from September to early June, and a standard two-semester "year" of college ("university" or "higher education"), at least at the mainstream institutions both public and private, is generally a month shorter, September to late April.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131422 on: June 13, 2014, 03:24:41 pm »

Probably doing my first DND session in a while tonight, if I'm not too plastered to make a sheet, that is. Here's hoping for 3.5e, fuck 4. 5 needs to release publicly already.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:26:56 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131423 on: June 13, 2014, 03:39:15 pm »

It's actually being released in like July.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131424 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »

Saw Edge of Tommorrow with my cousin today, the movie was pretty damn awesome. Furthermore, will be going with him and some other people to the Battle of Nations tournament tommorrow that should be pretty great too, especially since there's a medieval fair happening alongside that too :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131425 on: June 13, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »

Just remembered that Adam Levine/Mal Reynolds crack fic that was narrated at a panel I was at recently.

The fuck.

I can find the WTF thread this time, but that's not as appropriate as putting it here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #131426 on: June 13, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »

Normally I don't care about football, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131427 on: June 13, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

Was gonna say, it's not like the Dovahkiin doesn't settle down and pop some kids after the game.
Though Martin Septim was the last dragon-blooded emperor.

Actually it does make me wonder, does every protagonist of every elder scrolls game inevitably end up being diced up and parcelled amongst various daedra lords?

No - canonically you get to meet the Oblivion's protagonist in Skyrim.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #131428 on: June 13, 2014, 04:35:53 pm »

Was gonna say, it's not like the Dovahkiin doesn't settle down and pop some kids after the game.
Though Martin Septim was the last dragon-blooded emperor.

Actually it does make me wonder, does every protagonist of every elder scrolls game inevitably end up being diced up and parcelled amongst various daedra lords?

No - canonically you get to meet the Oblivion's protagonist in Skyrim.

You guys realize I left it off on purpose, not because of ignorance?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131429 on: June 13, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

Found the most beautiful hidden clearing today, in what amounts to a big hole between some fields, surrounded by trees. It's practically impossible to get down there, though, because of all the blackberries.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 8760 8761 [8762] 8763 8764 ... 13325