Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8672 8673 [8674] 8675 8676 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754565 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [~島風~] Kanmusu butt special (Happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #130097 on: May 27, 2014, 01:29:22 pm »

Skeleton-man.  Half Skeleton, Half man!   :P
Ha, I remember that.
<Whispers> "Skeleton man's listening to our song! He bought our album! Or stole it off the internet..."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #130098 on: May 27, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »

Slash & Myles are touring UK :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:36:30 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130099 on: May 27, 2014, 02:49:23 pm »

Had a nifty first day back at school. My composition teacher is a cool old guy with mutton chops, who it looks like won't bore me to death with his lectures for once.

Then I spoke with my favourite old lady for a while over smoothies about her guitar playing, and fantasy books amongst other things.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #130100 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:09 pm »

Spoiler: obligatory reference (click to show/hide)
You'll either want to put them back in the nest and hope their mom comes back overnight or else get them to a wildlife rehabber. They'll die if they aren't fed, and they'll die if you feed them improperly (too much/too little/too fast/wrong stuff). Those guys look really young.
Yeah, I'm guessing ~4 days old. They're back out in the nest now; have to keep the dog on a leash for a couple weeks so she doesn't go digging them out again. I'm most worried about the little guy (babby bunny #2/the one on top of the pile in the pic); he's been away from the nest for a couple days now (and probably smells weird), so I'm not sure how mama bunny will react.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #130101 on: May 27, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »

After a huge amount of water poured down and some lightnings struck and some thunder rumbled, the temperature outside is finally fine: 20 C. It was ten degrees higher all the previous week. And now it just feels so gooood, maaaaaan...
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #130102 on: May 27, 2014, 03:17:13 pm »

Had a nifty first day back at school. My composition teacher is a cool old guy with mutton chops, who it looks like won't bore me to death with his lectures for once.

Then I spoke with my favourite old lady for a while over smoothies about her guitar playing, and fantasy books amongst other things.

What exactly do you study? From your post I recall you're at a music school, but I'm really curious, as a complete self-taught guitar dilettante what can you learn there.

After a huge amount of water poured down and some lightnings struck and some thunder rumbled, the temperature outside is finally fine: 20 C. It was ten degrees higher all the previous week. And now it just feels so gooood, maaaaaan...

Oh, my yesterday's night storm just arrived near you, I guess. We had that happen twice here, last night and today mid-afternoon. There was thunder, but I wouldn't call what we had 'rain'. There isn't just that fucking much water in a rain in such a short time. It was literally torrential. And felt so good~~
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:19:40 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130103 on: May 27, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »

Spoiler: obligatory reference (click to show/hide)
You'll either want to put them back in the nest and hope their mom comes back overnight or else get them to a wildlife rehabber. They'll die if they aren't fed, and they'll die if you feed them improperly (too much/too little/too fast/wrong stuff). Those guys look really young.
Yeah, I'm guessing ~4 days old. They're back out in the nest now; have to keep the dog on a leash for a couple weeks so she doesn't go digging them out again. I'm most worried about the little guy (babby bunny #2/the one on top of the pile in the pic); he's been away from the nest for a couple days now (and probably smells weird), so I'm not sure how mama bunny will react.

Mamma bunny just wants her babby bunnies, they should be fine.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130104 on: May 27, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »

What exactly do you study? From your post I recall you're at a music school, but I'm really curious, as a complete self-taught guitar dilettante what can you learn there.
Community college actually. There's an art department where I've tended to hang out and talk to people a lot, and it's kind of full of people who are taking art classes for funsies, many of them retirement aged (this particular old lady happens to be a very cheerful old woman who apparently has been learning to play the guitar, and is so fantastically geeky without even knowing it).
When I said "composition", I meant college composition. As in "essay writing".

Though there is actually music on the curriculum, and I'm thinking of taking music theory next semester.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #130105 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:23 pm »

Oh, my yesterday's night storm just arrived near you, I guess. We had that happen twice here, last night and today mid-afternoon. There was thunder, but I wouldn't call what we had 'rain'. There isn't just that fucking much water in a rain in such a short time. It was literally torrential. And felt so good~~

Wait, if the one you had last night arrived here this afternoon, maybe another one you had in afternoon should come here at night?
OH GOSH I GONNA BELIEVE IN HIGHER POWERS THANK YOU GOD OR SATAN OR KGB WHOEVER IT WAS.

I should hide my laptop from the windowsill, by the way.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #130106 on: May 27, 2014, 03:54:50 pm »

Community college actually. There's an art department where I've tended to hang out and talk to people a lot, and it's kind of full of people who are taking art classes for funsies, many of them retirement aged (this particular old lady happens to be a very cheerful old woman who apparently has been learning to play the guitar, and is so fantastically geeky without even knowing it).
When I said "composition", I meant college composition. As in "essay writing".

Though there is actually music on the curriculum, and I'm thinking of taking music theory next semester.

Oh, I may have confused you with someone else or something. Anyhow, RE: music theory, HERE is a pretty nice page that really helped me start learning it, in particular pushing me to learn intervals, and from doing the intervals as tedious counting with +5 for each string change I went to understanding them as positions, that just flowed naturally into understanding scales in a way that saves a lot of effort learning, and now YAY, I CAN INTO IMPROVISATION (not that I'm very good at it, but I can do it).

Wait, if the one you had last night arrived here this afternoon, maybe another one you had in afternoon should come here at night?
OH GOSH I GONNA BELIEVE IN HIGHER POWERS THANK YOU GOD OR SATAN OR KGB WHOEVER IT WAS.

I should hide my laptop from the windowsill, by the way.

Don't be silly, KGB only does fog, according to the news here. Storms would obviously be Thor's job, or if you prefer to keep it regional, Perun.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #130108 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:39 pm »

Went to a little concert held by my compsci teacher after school today. It was pretty nice. Just him and an acoustic guitar covering songs. Covers include Lorde, Imagine Dragons, the Beatles, Train, and he also played some original music he wrote. He even rapped one song, which was pretty krunk, yo. Good performance and everything, and it was a comfortable atmosphere and I didn't feel unwelcome or out of place or awkward.

Also got to talk with him one on one afterwards about music stuff. So that was fun. I don't get to talk with people about music stuff like theory or practice sessions or chord reading or guitar specs and gear too often.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130109 on: May 27, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »

Just saw Godzilla on IMAX 3D. Needed more Godzilla, but meh....still good.

I'm really hoping that after Pacific Rim and now this, it heralds a new era of kaiju flicks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 8672 8673 [8674] 8675 8676 ... 13325