Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8575 8576 [8577] 8578 8579 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766300 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128640 on: May 08, 2014, 04:54:35 pm »

Cool! I'll be vacationing in Ireland next week myself. Really looking forward to it!

If Europe for you will be anything like it is for me, you'll never want to leave. :p

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128641 on: May 08, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »

Can't see why anyone would want to holiday in Ireland. I may just be biased though.
I don't think anyone understands why anyone would want to visit their home country/state/city on vacation.
I honestly can only see one attraction in Seattle, otherwise it's just rainy and full of people. The rest is just suburbs.
Don't come to Germany. Go to France instead, it's much nicer.

Okay, Berlin might be fun, and the Rhineland with Cologne is worth a few days, especially during Carnival. And maybe the North Sea - there's a really nice cafe in Neuharlingersiel (IIRC). But generally you're better off with the surrounding countries.

Except Austria. That's practically Germany.

And the German portion of Switzerland. Fuck the German portion of Switzerland.

Can't see why anyone would want to holiday in Ireland. I may just be biased though.
The scenery is beautiful and the jumpers are nice.
Now I'm imagining couples looking at suicidal Japanese people in the evening sun. 'Isn't it romantic?'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128642 on: May 08, 2014, 05:10:38 pm »

The countryside and history are nicer in Wales/Scotland/England. I'm not downplaying Ireland, Republican or otherwise, I'm just saying-I love the countryside around my home. I'm not desensitized to it, I appreciate it every day, but the Wye valley simply took my breath away, and the drive to Oxford was wonderful. Also, the Lake District is wonderful. I know people wouldn't visit where they're from, but honestly I assumed before I went that the mainland couldn't be any nicer, but it was. People come to Ireland for the iconic brogue and all that what-not, and they get that, but not much else. Still, enjoy your visit.

And are you from Ireland, Wolf?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128643 on: May 08, 2014, 05:13:23 pm »

Went over to a friend's house the past couple of days, and went up to the Military Surplus store. Now I have a German shovel, a U.S. canteen, and a British Gas mask bag. I am very happy.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128644 on: May 08, 2014, 05:13:59 pm »

I, too, went to Ireland (County Cork & Kerry, mostly) as a teenager, for a big family reunion. I'd certainly love to go again.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128645 on: May 08, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »

Heh. I'm San Diego (although not originally), and I have no trouble seeing why people want to visit here.

But, yeah, I can see why people would feel that their home territory isn't all that great to visit.

Great Britain is also on my list of places to go, but with just a week we decided to go with Ireland. And even with that we're missing out on half the country.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128646 on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:59 pm »

Huh. If so many people visited and liked it, maybe I am wearing my home-tinted spectacles :P

Not that I don't like my country, and certainly would encourage to visit, but I always took it to be no big deal.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128647 on: May 08, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

Quote from: Caesar
Let me have men about me that are fat;
 Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
 He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.

I just realized today that I have a lean and hungry look to me...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128648 on: May 08, 2014, 06:00:26 pm »

What did you do with your romantic interest, then?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128649 on: May 08, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

Hmm? Oh. We're hanging out as friends here in about thirty minutes. The situation is complicated, so I'm trying to disengage a little emotionally. >.> We'll see how it goes. I'm sure I'll tell you lot about it tonight. It's just a question of which thread it will be in. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128650 on: May 08, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

Hmm? Oh. We're hanging out as friends here in about thirty minutes. The situation is complicated, so I'm trying to disengage a little emotionally. >.> We'll see how it goes. I'm sure I'll tell you lot about it tonight. It's just a question of which thread it will be in. :P

I hope it will be here!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128651 on: May 08, 2014, 06:15:41 pm »

Burritos again? Tacos are infinitely superior to and easier to make than burritos ever will be.
* Sirus hath spoken
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128652 on: May 08, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »

What's the difference between a taco and a burrito other then a burrito having a better spread of shell and being easier to eat?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128653 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:58 pm »

What's the difference between a taco and a burrito other then a burrito having a better spread of shell and being easier to eat?

Depends. A soft taco? Not much other than size. A hard taco is just that, hard, while a burrito is soft.

Personally, I prefer burritos, although tacos are also pretty awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128654 on: May 08, 2014, 06:31:43 pm »

Ah, well. Hard tacos are a different beast entirely of course, can't have something like that with a burrito.

Of course since hard tacos are terrible (other then chocotacos of course) I still think burritos are better.
Pages: 1 ... 8575 8576 [8577] 8578 8579 ... 13325