Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8574 8575 [8576] 8577 8578 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766930 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128625 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:27 pm »

Wolfeyez made me lunch. It included habanero cheese. Glorious.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #128626 on: May 08, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

Okay, that says quality better than mine. Technically, I was still correct.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #128627 on: May 08, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

I am currently listening to a radio talk with three (very famous locally) linguists, and they are making discussing language sound entertaining somehow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128628 on: May 08, 2014, 02:52:05 pm »

Chasing a moth is easy, catching it more so. With only glassware at your disposal, when the goal is to not kill it? BATTLE OF THE MINDS!
The key is to catch it with your hand Kung-fu style and then just not close it to the crushing point instead of using a glass. I do it all of the time at my parents' house (which moths get inside fairly often at somehow).
Huh. So was I lied to when they told me touching a moth is basically delayed murder for them? From what I recall, the line was human hands are particularly good at screwing over the dust or whatnot they need to maintain flight, and touching them -- especially the wings -- is basically a touch of death.

The oil on your skin is usually rather acidic (humans secrete acid from their skin, breath one of the more volatile chemicals around, and drink water which is notable for being... Rather corrosive.) but I don't think just touching a moth would do it. You'd probably have to pour a little droplet of sweat on them or something.

Also, what about the myth about touching baby birds and the mother never taking them back? That one is also untrue, correct?

On the whole water and oxygen thing: That's also true of pretty well every other bit of multicellular life on the planet, so, yanno, not that big of a deal.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128629 on: May 08, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

Chasing a moth is easy, catching it more so. With only glassware at your disposal, when the goal is to not kill it? BATTLE OF THE MINDS!
The key is to catch it with your hand Kung-fu style and then just not close it to the crushing point instead of using a glass. I do it all of the time at my parents' house (which moths get inside fairly often at somehow).
Huh. So was I lied to when they told me touching a moth is basically delayed murder for them? From what I recall, the line was human hands are particularly good at screwing over the dust or whatnot they need to maintain flight, and touching them -- especially the wings -- is basically a touch of death.

The oil on your skin is usually rather acidic (humans secrete acid from their skin, breath one of the more volatile chemicals around, and drink water which is notable for being... Rather corrosive.) but I don't think just touching a moth would do it. You'd probably have to pour a little droplet of sweat on them or something.

Also, what about the myth about touching baby birds and the mother never taking them back? That one is also untrue, correct?

On the whole water and oxygen thing: That's also true of pretty well every other bit of multicellular life on the planet, so, yanno, not that big of a deal.
Moths: allergic to life.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #128630 on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:18 pm »

In Ireland right now, after a day of being in a metal tube traveling at a good proportion of the speed of sound suspended in the air by pure, unadulterated bullshit. Then a day in Dublin yesterday followed by a trip to the countryside and am currently in a B&B in Kinsale. Vacation is fun!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128631 on: May 08, 2014, 04:26:50 pm »

In Ireland right now, after a day of being in a metal tube traveling at a good proportion of the speed of sound suspended in the air by pure, unadulterated bullshit. Then a day in Dublin yesterday followed by a trip to the countryside and am currently in a B&B in Kinsale. Vacation is fun!

Cool! I'll be vacationing in Ireland next week myself. Really looking forward to it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128633 on: May 08, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

Cool! I'll be vacationing in Ireland next week myself. Really looking forward to it!
Where ya going to? :P
Edit: "Where ya going to?" Means "what part?"
And drat. I wanna burrito back!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:43:37 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128634 on: May 08, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »

Can't see why anyone would want to holiday in Ireland. I may just be biased though.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128635 on: May 08, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

Can't see why anyone would want to holiday in Ireland. I may just be biased though.
The scenery is beautiful and the jumpers are nice.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128636 on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »

Now I kinda' want burritos. It's been months[/]years. :<
FTFMe. I don't think I've had a burrito since I finished the first associates degree, which was... a bit back, now. 3-4 years? Something like that. Been a while. Now it's kinda' tempting. Especially if it was some sort of monstrous pizza burrito.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128637 on: May 08, 2014, 04:52:40 pm »

You just reminded me that taco pizza used to be a thing.  I loved those.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128638 on: May 08, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

Where ya going to? :P
Edit: "Where ya going to?" Means "what part?"
And drat. I wanna burrito back!

Two days in Dublin and then down to Cork for a few days, although we'll be driving all over South & West Ireland from out of Cork. Only a week long trip, sadly, but it should be fun. Especially since I haven't been to Europe before.

History, culture, natural beauty? That's why we're going. My wife went once as a teenager and has always wanted to go back and it's been high on my list of countries to visit for a long time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128639 on: May 08, 2014, 04:54:19 pm »

I don't think anyone understands why anyone would want to visit their home country/state/city on vacation.
I honestly can only see one attraction in Seattle, otherwise it's just rainy and full of people. The rest is just suburbs.
Pages: 1 ... 8574 8575 [8576] 8577 8578 ... 13325