Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8410 8411 [8412] 8413 8414 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786138 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #126165 on: April 08, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

I currently have them off thanks to youtube options. But before I started using it the really dumb comments seemed to have mostly vanished
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126166 on: April 08, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »

It's really damn good for me so far at least. I don't get why some people complain about the racial unit diversity or late game issues, since they're pretty much the same as the series has always had since the beginning.

Maybe because sequels are supposed to improve on the faults of their predecessors? :v v: :v

I've had hot chocolate with water but it's generally inferior to hot chocolate with milk.

The difference is hot chocolate is hot.

This. Just this. Just so much just this.

I would never drink hot chocolate made with water as long as there was a packet of milk within ten square miles. Milk's like 50% of the flavour. I'd fight a rabid lumberjack racoon for that milk.
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126167 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:10 pm »

But then you're just drinking hot chocolate milk, which was I think the original point of the issue, with him saying he was having hot chocolate milk and people commenting that it's not chocolate milk if it's hot!

It's like the difference between coffee and coffee milk! Hot chocolate may have a bit of milk in it, but if it's made from a base of milk it's not hot chocolate anymore, it's hot chocolate milk.

Which, yes, is really quite good.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126168 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »

Is it just me, or did some of the stupidity of the new Youtube comments format get reversed? It looks more like old comments now, except without the attentionwhoring for top comments.
Some old videos have the old comment system. So, you might be seeing that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126169 on: April 08, 2014, 04:38:03 pm »

Is it just me, or did some of the stupidity of the new Youtube comments format get reversed? It looks more like old comments now, except without the attentionwhoring for top comments.
No, just from releases in the past few days. It's not like pre-Google, but comment chains are back and old comments can be replied to again. So basically what it was like a month or three ago. That's also roughly the same timeframe in which that idiotic thing where it would autoplay something from the recommended videos after a few seconds stopped happening.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126170 on: April 08, 2014, 04:39:56 pm »

Hobbies are the secret to long-lasting happiness. That's the truly awesome upside to living in a first world country: because you have time to spare, you can build your own horse driven carriage and ride around on it. It's expensive and not useful, but who gives a shit? We're wired to create. Might as well create something fun when machines and Chinese children are making all the "useful" stuff we used to make from 9-5 (or 12-12 in the case of food).

No, just from releases in the past few days. It's not like pre-Google, but comment chains are back and old comments can be replied to again. So basically what it was like a month or three ago. That's also roughly the same timeframe in which that idiotic thing where it would autoplay something from the recommended videos after a few seconds stopped happening.

Comment chains are back? Hell yeah. Time for some religious argument voyeurism.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126171 on: April 08, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »

Not real comment chains, but the attaching of comments to posts they're replying to instead of the stupid twitter-esque @reference that doesn't actually tell you anything about the comment being responded to. So it's still shit, just slightly less shit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126172 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:30 pm »

But then you're just drinking hot chocolate milk, which was I think the original point of the issue, with him saying he was having hot chocolate milk and people commenting that it's not chocolate milk if it's hot!

It's like the difference between coffee and coffee milk! Hot chocolate may have a bit of milk in it, but if it's made from a base of milk it's not hot chocolate anymore, it's hot chocolate milk.

Which, yes, is really quite good.

No, hot chocolate is chocolate milk. Just hot. So they just drop the milk out of it.

What you are describing is chocolate water. Hot chocolate water is called chocolate tea :P
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126173 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »

Scriver, you're from a country that can't tell the difference between, what was it, a cephalopod and a fish?

We all know you operate under you're own very unique version of english when it comes to categories, especially food.

Hell, I bet you don't even have coffee milk!

Can we at least agree that hot chocolate made with actual melted chocolate, instead of the powder, is the best?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126174 on: April 08, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

chocolate tea
I'm going to start calling it this.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126175 on: April 08, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »

Says the Rhode Islander and Boston-dweller who doesn't even know what Rhode Island Sauce or Boston Gherkin is  :P

Also it was turtles and tortoise. They're both shield toads. No further differentiation needed. Also octopuses and squid. Why to words? They're both inkfish with different amounts of arms.

And no, chocolate milk made from fresh mashed beans is the best. And milk.

chocolate tea
I'm going to start calling it this.

I will treasure this moment always~
Love, scriver~

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #126176 on: April 08, 2014, 05:16:08 pm »

Scriver, you're from a country that can't tell the difference between, what was it, a cephalopod and a fish?

We all know you operate under you're own very unique version of english when it comes to categories, especially food.

Hell, I bet you don't even have coffee milk!

Can we at least agree that hot chocolate made with actual melted chocolate, instead of the powder, is the best?
I also agree that hot chocolate made with water or milk are both hot chocolate - but only if the water-hot-chocolate was made with the powder. Because the powder actually has milk solids in it meaning you're kind of adding milk to the water. And in any case, hot chocolate made with milk is vastly superior to hot chocolate made with water.

Never noticed enough of a difference making hot chocolate with solid chocolate vs. the cocoa powder. But I do know that the chocolate syrup is a trap - it's worthless.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #126177 on: April 08, 2014, 05:18:19 pm »

People, enough with the reals, time for the feels.

* Dutchling clears his throat

Hot chocolate has milk in it!
HOT CHOCOLATE HAS MILK IN IT!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126178 on: April 08, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »

THIS NINTENDO DIRECT THO
Black lives matter.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #126179 on: April 08, 2014, 05:28:00 pm »

The multi-paradigm programming professor made the class feel more like being stuck inside a comedy and still managed to teach effectively. :D

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 8410 8411 [8412] 8413 8414 ... 13325