Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8268 8269 [8270] 8271 8272 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766757 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124035 on: March 15, 2014, 10:42:23 am »

Had a pretty good week compared to the previous two. Found $6 $7 in the laundry machine when I did laundry. Work was a little more tolerable this week. Worked two extra hours on Tuesday, although I don't appreciate the suddeness in which they were offered. Even better, my crush got a new phone, and so she started asking people we both knew to get me to call her to exchange numbers again. Better still, she even seemed to be waiting for me Tuesday morning to talk to me. It is a very nice feeling to discover that the girl you like doesn't hate you. Especially since it sucks to think that she did.

She even agreed to hang out with me next week(it's Spring Break). Although she did turn me down for a St. Patrick's Day parade tomorrow, but for a good reason(she goes to church).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #124036 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:03 am »

I still miss Truean. ._________.
So do I.

She just sorta... disappeared.
Yeah. Wonder how things are going for True?

Me too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #124037 on: March 15, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »

Practice ACT over, did better than last time.

Guy across from me was impressed that I took the ACT as a sophomore and got a 32.

Him: "Are you some kind of m*******f***ing genius?"
Me: "No, just a regular one."
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #124039 on: March 15, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »

We beat Red!
Ow, that hurt. What the fuck did you do that for?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124040 on: March 15, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »

We beat Red!
Ow, that hurt. What the fuck did you do that for?
Because the world would've ended if we hadn't?

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124041 on: March 15, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »

Practice ACT over, did better than last time.

Guy across from me was impressed that I took the ACT as a sophomore and got a 32.

Him: "Are you some kind of m*******f***ing genius?"
Me: "No, just a regular one."

Nice response.

I got a 800 for math on my PSAT as a sophmore. Don't ask about my critical reading and language scores though. They were quite terrible.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124042 on: March 15, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

I still miss Truean. ._________.
So do I.

She just sorta... disappeared.
Yeah. Wonder how things are going for True?

Me too.
Ditto.

Is kinda what causes it for me. I don't know if someone is actually X gender, trans, or just getting their jollies off on the scam.

... So we've gotta all be male?  Because that's the default?

All babies in the womb start off with female sex characteristics, and then they become male.  Therefore I think with complete seriousness, because I am a feminist and this is what feminists do, that it is immoral to have any default than female.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124043 on: March 15, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »

OH COME ON not this again. Seriously, people, let's not discuss this.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124044 on: March 15, 2014, 01:19:30 pm »

I'd kinda' prefer our default to be neutral, m'self. I've put an annoyingly large amount of effort into getting used to it (and still not really 100% on it), so now I can spend a minuscule amount of effort campaigning to inflict the standard on everyone else.

You have any idea how hard it is to write a multi-page paper on metaphysics, with examples interspersed without, both without using gendered pronouns and without it sounding awkward? It ain't easy. English innit really built for that kinda' thing, yet.

But we can make it better, stronger, less, uh. Diddley? We have the technology!

@ Helgo: Your ninja berating will be taken into consideration... after this post.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124045 on: March 15, 2014, 01:27:22 pm »

OH COME ON not this again. Seriously, people, let's not discuss this.

I was mostly teasing... sorry .-.

Personally, until I know someone's gender I just use their name and "they."  And yeah, like Frumple, I had to put some work in... still working on it, actually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #124046 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:26 pm »

I should start doing that. Really should.

EDIT: Oh right I came here to post because jungle boots get. Once again, the military surplus store proves the optimal place to get footwear.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124047 on: March 15, 2014, 02:33:29 pm »

I should start doing that. Really should.

EDIT: Oh right I came here to post because jungle boots get. Once again, the military surplus store proves the optimal place to get footwear.

I have a really similar happy! I got myself one of the awesomest garments in the world: a Russian Naval Infantry telnyashka. It's a kind of striped undershirt worn by the Russian Navy, Airborne and the Naval Infantry (also the border guard, for some reason). The Airborne Troops (VDV) wear long telnyashkas with light blue stripes, while the naval infantry wears shorter ones with black stripes, and the border guards wear green-striped ones. The Navy has, appropriately, navy blue stripes.

The point is that this one is double-woven and with a kind of fluffy...fluff...thing on the inside, so it's thick, warm, rough on the outside, smooth on the inside, and just generally pimpin'. It can probably stop a knife! If the knife is very blunt, that is.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #124048 on: March 15, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »

Speaking of awesome clothes, I accidentally bought an infinite scarf instead of a regular one, and damn this thing is awesome. I am currently wearing it indoors as an arm warmer, since we have 120 kph winds here.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124049 on: March 15, 2014, 02:52:37 pm »

Scrdest, you know what we think of breaking the laws of physics here.

Ambitious, but stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 8268 8269 [8270] 8271 8272 ... 13325