Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8269 8270 [8271] 8272 8273 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764870 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124050 on: March 15, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »

Scrdest, you know what we think of breaking the laws of physics here.

Ambitious, but stupid.

Oh come on, you're just envious of my fluffy Moebius strip, aren't you?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124051 on: March 15, 2014, 05:37:37 pm »

All babies in the womb start off with female sex characteristics, and then they become male.  Therefore I think with complete seriousness, because I am a feminist and this is what feminists do, that it is immoral to have any default than female.
Sweet. Everyone here now has blue eyes.
Actually a poll was taken and the vast majority of people here were male, so really I'm just using induction, and keeping down my error percentile.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:40:38 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #124052 on: March 15, 2014, 05:40:10 pm »

What I wouldn't give for a pair of gills :)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124053 on: March 15, 2014, 05:44:21 pm »

Also, we al now have cloaca.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #124054 on: March 15, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

OH COME ON not this again. Seriously, people, let's not discuss this.
WOOP WOOP WOO-
Oh wait shit calmed down. Never mind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124055 on: March 15, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »

'Everyone else is male until proven female'
This. Even though females on the internet aren't nearly as unusual as they might've been ten years ago.
I could go on for paragraphs about why this pisses me the fuck off, but I won't because I would prefer to keep this thread civil and on topic.

All babies in the womb start off with female sex characteristics, and then they become male.  Therefore I think with complete seriousness, because I am a feminist and this is what feminists do, that it is immoral to have any default than female.
Sweet. Everyone here now has blue eyes.
Actually a poll was taken and the vast majority of people here were male, so really I'm just using induction, and keeping down my error percentile.
I'd also like to point out that a majority of the (active) women on this forum are trans (myself included) and have to prove they are female in real life every day, so it usually irritates them when they have to prove it in a space that is supposed to be anonymous.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124056 on: March 15, 2014, 06:46:01 pm »

What I wouldn't give for a pair of gills :)
You and me both. If I weren't drownable in less than a gallon of water, I'd be unstoppable!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124057 on: March 15, 2014, 06:46:53 pm »

All babies in the womb start off with female sex characteristics, and then they become male.
For the record, this is a common misconception and not true. Pre-sex differentiation fetuses are basically neuter aliens. The idea comes from the pre-gamete producers being located inside the body in both sexes, but moving during development for males and remaining in place for females. Nonetheless, they are not differentiated until after formation, and thus cannot be said to represent ovaries in male fetuses.

Anyway, back to the reason I entered this thread, Cherno Alpha vs. The World is back.
I'd also like to point out that a majority of the (active) women on this forum are trans (myself included) and have to prove they are female in real life every day, so it usually irritates them when they have to prove it in a space that is supposed to be anonymous.
Where are you getting that data from? It would make Bay 12 a pretty extreme outlier if it is indeed the case.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124058 on: March 15, 2014, 06:47:54 pm »

I sorta wonder if this is the sorta conversation that deserves it own spin off thread, since it seems really poor material for the happy thread. But, ah, perhaps it's too late for that.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124059 on: March 15, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

I sorta wonder if this is the sorta conversation that deserves it own spin off thread, since it seems really poor material for the happy thread. But, ah, perhaps it's too late for that.
Agreed. This is not making happies, so get it out of here!
Now, a happy. Yogscast and pepperoni pizza. Om nom nom.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124060 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »

Ok, I had an absolutely horrific start to my birthday, but I think it turned out all right. I went to the museum with the family to see a Vincent Van Gogh exhibition, thought it turned out tickets were sold out, so we went to see the Modern Japanese Art exhibition. Though in this case "Modern" meant from around the Meiji Restoration. Still it didn't disappoint. The general theme of it was "tradition Japenese style, vs new Western style", so a lot of the paintings were mixes between traditional Japanese impressionistic portrayals, and Western style photo realistic portraits.

There were painted screens, and hanging canvases, and these amazing sculptures, like an eagle made of worked copper that had the whole individual feather thing going on, and a couple of vases with spectacularly detailed work.

Then my mother insisted I should get a birthday gift for myself from the gift shop, I picked up an origami kit, since the only art book there I was really interested in was ridiculously expensive, and hey, origami is cool right? Maybe I'll actually wind up making use of it.

Then I spent some more time looking at the rest of the museum's exhibits till my eyes were sore, which included nifty things like their Faberge collection.

This was followed by dinner, and I spent a good hour browsing around a book store looking at interesting books. "Extinction Journals" looked to be a bizarre and interesting book about a guy who survives a nuclear apocalypse by wearing a suit made out of cockroaches, then subsequently winds up accidentally having the cockroaches eat the president, who survived by wearing a suit made of twinkies. I sort of wish I'd picked it up now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #124061 on: March 15, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »

Anyway, back to the reason I entered this thread, Cherno Alpha vs. The World is back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124062 on: March 15, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »

Just picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat. Gonna install Misery, and cry myself to sleep later.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #124063 on: March 15, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

My one paintballing experience ended with a bruise that took about a month to fade.

Someone shot me from about... 6 meters away? Somehow, it caused a bruise about the size of my fist.

Close distance paintball shots hurt. I got shot with a paintball in the general area of kidneys first time I played and ugh.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124064 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:47 pm »

'Everyone else is male until proven female'
This. Even though females on the internet aren't nearly as unusual as they might've been ten years ago.
I could go on for paragraphs about why this pisses me the fuck off, but I won't because I would prefer to keep this thread civil and on topic.

Oh yeah... I remember reading the article.
Well, apologies for my closed-mindedness.
I guess if I had a sister growing up, she'd be a massive gamer too... it's just difficult trying to rewrite my brain to ignore multiple generations of stigma.

Maybe it's subjective rarity? Boys want to think that a 'real' girl gamer is a treasure, so they make loopholes, and narrow definitions, treat every woman on the internet like she's the perfect girl and/or a slut.
But for the few women who enjoy that sort of treatment, there's another hundred who don't want that drama and lay low (And i guess another 4 who don't care).

But hey, if it's gonna be a discussion, may as well make a thread for it.

/happy

Was looking back through old posts, found some stuff by the old guard about missing the good times.
And then Barbarossa made this pretty uplifting comment
To be honest, I liked the old times, but subjectively and objectively speaking, these times are just as rad. I mean sure, we don't have Vector, Vester, Okenido, Inaluct, and those folks, but we've since gained MaximumZero, Truean, Yoink, Descan, Hanslanda, and more. (To those of you who've been around a while, I mean to say that you're seemingly more active now than earlier.) The community has changed, but it is as strong as ever, and I can count the same number or more of you all as friends.
And now I feel a lot better about my nostalgia burn. It's right... we made some funny stuff happen, and that isn't coming back, but the amount of stuff we've done since then has been outrageous, and I keep letting my mind overshadow it simply because of the aforementioned nostalgia.
Screw that, you guys are awesomeI miss Jackrabbit
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:21:18 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 8269 8270 [8271] 8272 8273 ... 13325