Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8238 8239 [8240] 8241 8242 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756106 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #123585 on: March 10, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

I wonder how much a cartridge with a bank full of shinnies would go for.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123586 on: March 10, 2014, 12:23:47 pm »

I think shines are a myth created by the industry to make the kids play the games longer.

Next you're telling me the Pokerus is  a real thing.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123587 on: March 10, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

I haven't played any of the pokemon games since ruby, and that was only for a bit before I went back to Red.

Anyways, Dark Souls 2 comes out tomorrow (or tonight at midnight) here in NA, and I wish I could call in to work, but my wife wouldn't be very happy with the decision to stay home and play video games instead of go to work. I have Wednesday off though, so that's gonna be a marathon.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123588 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »

I haven't played any of the pokemon games since ruby, and that was only for a bit before I went back to Red.

Anyways, Dark Souls 2 comes out tomorrow (or tonight at midnight) here in NA, and I wish I could call in to work, but my wife wouldn't be very happy with the decision to stay home and play video games instead of go to work. I have Wednesday off though, so that's gonna be a marathon.

Only on consoles, though. Still another month to the pc release :/

Ah well, it'll come out during my easter holidays, so I'll have plenty of spare time.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #123589 on: March 10, 2014, 12:34:29 pm »

Sadly, probably not much, given what I understand to be a plague of hacking for the purposes of getting exactly those.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123590 on: March 10, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »

Did someone call for some groovy jazz?
No?

Well, have some groovy jazz anyway!
That song is so catchy. As are all the tracks by SonicPicnic. I wish they break up the lyrics spree and give us a good instrumental again. Last one we've got was well over a year ago...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #123591 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:22 pm »

Rare Pokemon cards?...

I once played M:tG with a guy who was showing off an original Black Lotus.  According to the card shop folks back in 2001, that was the most rare and valuable card ever produced by the game.  I don't know if that's still the case, but given the reverence everyone displayed for it, I imagine so.

Edit:

Heh... yup.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:05:22 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123592 on: March 10, 2014, 01:04:17 pm »

Yes it is still rare and valuable.  A mint condition Black Lotus sold for nearly $200,000 some months ago, if I remember correctly.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123593 on: March 10, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »

Sadly, probably not much, given what I understand to be a plague of hacking for the purposes of getting exactly those.
Yeah. Many a time have I gone on the White GTS to see people with boxes full of shiny legendaries.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #123594 on: March 10, 2014, 01:20:40 pm »

I'm postimg This from my new phone. It was my birthday gift; I'm officially 20 now. Now, if only it wasn't running windows phone. I'm going to investigate whether I can just replace the OS with androids; if I can't, I'll probably just replace the phone. I can't stand the cerappy selection of apps.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123595 on: March 10, 2014, 02:01:42 pm »

I'm postimg This from my new phone. It was my birthday gift; I'm officially 20 now. Now, if only it wasn't running windows phone. I'm going to investigate whether I can just replace the OS with androids; if I can't, I'll probably just replace the phone. I can't stand the cerappy selection of apps.

I'm with you here.
Windows Phone sucks and my mom refuses to let me replace that phone. Goddamnit, when buying something as important to a teenager like me as a phone why won't you let me pick it and instead hope that what you buy just so happens to be good. Seriously, the only thing this phone is good for is music and internet, and even that most phones would probably do better (Bing as a default browser, plswhy)...
/momrant

Alas, I should stop tainting this beautiful thread with my rants about my mom, because I AM SO FOXY!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:04:27 pm by DarkDXZ »

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123596 on: March 10, 2014, 02:17:28 pm »

Rare Pokemon cards?...

I once played M:tG with a guy who was showing off an original Black Lotus.  According to the card shop folks back in 2001, that was the most rare and valuable card ever produced by the game.  I don't know if that's still the case, but given the reverence everyone displayed for it, I imagine so.

Edit:

Heh... yup.
Who wants a Black Lotus when you have a Blacker Lotus{/url}

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #123597 on: March 10, 2014, 02:45:47 pm »

Rare Pokemon cards?...

Edit:

Heh... yup.
Up there would be the Summer Magic Blue Hurricane. Four cases of the Summer Magic managed to make it to the public. 40 display boxes is nowhere close to the 22000-ish (IIRC) copies of the Power 9 that were printed

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #123598 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:33 pm »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123599 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

I'd definitely do #3, without even knowing much about it.
Apparently it's valuable in the present day, right? I could sell them all and use the profits to benefit the world so much more than either of the other options.
...Or just blow the lot on a gigantic debauched party. :3
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8238 8239 [8240] 8241 8242 ... 13325