Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773495 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119685 on: January 17, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »

http://christwire.org/2013/08/drugs-racism-and-mostly-naked-trainers-all-in-the-pokemon-games/
I know I'm 5 months late, but I only just saw this and I reckon it amused me for long enough to qualify as something that made me happy today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119686 on: January 17, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »

"Oxycotton"

NOPE I CAN'T KEEP READING THIS, IT'S TOO STUPID TO BE REAL.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119687 on: January 17, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »

That's what happens when you give a dope a hard word to say.

Ask any maintenance worker what they do and they'll probably say "main-nance" with a little throaty "un" in the middle. Few will pronounce the TE. Is it so hard? Especially when it's in their job title?

Also people say "time clock" when describing the clock used to punch in and out to record your work hours. Did you know that virtually every clock is a "time clock?" In fact, the device is a "punch clock" more than anything else. Just try to convince them of that.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119688 on: January 17, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »

Ask any maintenance worker what they do and they'll probably say "main-nance" with a little throaty "un" in the middle. Few will pronounce the TE. Is it so hard? Especially when it's in their job title?
I resent the implication that having a certain dialect makes you a 'dope'.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119689 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:29 pm »

AC IV has a parrot at the general store when you upgrade your hideout with one.

YOU CAN PET IT AND YOU CAN HUG IT AND YOU CAN TELL YOU LOVE IT AND DAAAAAW IT HOPS AFTER YOU LET IT NIBBLE YOUR FINGERS!  :D

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119690 on: January 17, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »

http://christwire.org/2013/08/drugs-racism-and-mostly-naked-trainers-all-in-the-pokemon-games/
I know I'm 5 months late, but I only just saw this and I reckon it amused me for long enough to qualify as something that made me happy today.
That site is hilarious.   Look in the science section and find the part where a Nigerian scam artist uses the commutative property to true and prove how homosexuality is wrong.  I would link but I am on my phone.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119691 on: January 17, 2014, 01:23:40 pm »

If I remember correctly, his mentor said he could win a Nobel Prize for that 'discovery'.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119692 on: January 17, 2014, 01:23:59 pm »

I resent the implication that having a certain dialect makes you a 'dope'.
I didn't indicate that saying words wrong causes dopiness. I said that people of already high dopiness tend to also say words wrong. I sometimes say words wrong too, but I wouldn't defend it - I'd just say, yeah, I got lazy for a minute but the correct way to say it is "-whatever-". Someone defensive about their dialect and carrying an anti-intellectual sentiment would be proud that he says it that way.

Second, while you may resent it, it is a fact that there are negative stereotypes associated with dialects. The way I speak is derided by people who speak differently. Again, frequently, speaking correctly is often stigmatized with labels like "high-and-mighty" and "professor" when an intellectual would say something like "pretentious".

Anyway, this isn't happy discussion.

I'm happy that it's Friday! We have a D&D game tomorrow!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119693 on: January 17, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »

One of the fundamental rules of linguistics is that there's no such thing as a "bad" dialect, and there's no such thing as a "correct" or "normal" dialect; spoken language tends to vary much more than written language even without prescriptive restrictions on the latter. People (in the U.S., at least) tend to associate the Midwest dialect with normalcy in part because it's so bland, but that's not really correct.

That site is hilarious.   Look in the science section and find the part where a Nigerian scam artist uses the commutative property to true and prove how homosexuality is wrong.  I would link but I am on my phone.
Oh man, I remember that magnet "discovery", but the pokemon article is possibly even better. xD

This is the Crack Cocaine Pokémon legend, Suicune.

The Oxicotton drug pokemon, Cottonee.

The Japanese have used a giant Panda Bear(their national animal) and converted it into a pokemon. What makes this a drug theme is that the Panda bear pokemon called, Pangoro is blatantly chewing a piece of natural growing marijuana. my evidence is below

The pokemon Ninfia or “Sparkling Man Candy” as it translates into American, has the homosexual community pushing over kids and teens alike to try and get in on the pokemon action. Ninfia is seen in two forms as many of the new pokemon in the game are in this specific generation. One during the day which seems adorable and harmless enough. It looks like a cross between a pink feline and red fox who got tangled in a bunch of ribbons.
Poepoepoepoepoe....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:52:28 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119694 on: January 17, 2014, 01:57:59 pm »

The sad part is that I can't even fault the commentators who took it seriously, because I've met true believers who made and honestly believed arguments as crazy-silly as that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #119695 on: January 17, 2014, 02:39:28 pm »

I passed 10k posts a day or so ago.
Woooooo! \o/

If my calculations are correct, this is my ten-thousandth post.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119696 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:00 pm »

I expected more of a celebration.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #119697 on: January 17, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »

Pssh. Get on my level, scrub.

On topic, I has cider. Cider good.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119698 on: January 17, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

Pssh. Get on my level, scrub.

On topic, I has cider. Cider good.
You're one short. I'm assuming you were going for 8^8 and that wasn't just a coincidence.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119699 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50:31 pm »

I saw a display in the store for chocolate the other day, it was advertising a year's supply of free chocolate as a prize for their Hunger Games theme contest. It was brilliant.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 13325