Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7853 7854 [7855] 7856 7857 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750658 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Someone ate the burrito factory. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #117810 on: December 10, 2013, 01:52:33 am »

Actual happies for today: got very detailed feedback on my economics project. Professor tore me a new asshole for the poor parts of the analysis. Professors who genuinely adore their subject tend to be very critical with grades and feedback because they actually enjoy new, interesting work in that subject.

I love it when I get detailed feedback from my professors.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117811 on: December 10, 2013, 01:56:51 am »

That... (is fractal the right term?) fractal nature is interesting because you can see it in a number of different places. Tree branches, the veins in lungs, roots. I remember a picture that had a few more examples but I can't recall where it was.
Lightning, leaf veins, capillaries, rivers, nervous system, you name it. Dendritic fractals appear so often in nature because they have exceptionally simple generation instructions: To make such a fractal, you just need to make a simple shape with some smaller such fractals attached. The simpler the instructions are, the more likely they are to crop up somewhere in nature (especially in organic nature, where the DNA actually has the ability to encode those instructions).

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117812 on: December 10, 2013, 03:00:40 am »

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54191/?
Excuse me while I file that away in my folder of things to never forget. What a perfect roast of the Nexus.

I don't think I follow. How is a tree a roast? Is it a koan?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117813 on: December 10, 2013, 03:06:34 am »

Excuse me while I file that away in my folder of things to never forget. What a perfect roast of the Nexus.

Description.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117814 on: December 10, 2013, 03:14:52 am »

⑨'s back? Yay~

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117815 on: December 10, 2013, 03:35:15 am »

Description.

Yeah, still nothing. I mean, I can see how he's trying to make fun the modders and downloaders who take themselves too seriously, but I don't find it particularly witty... But then again, I tend not to find satire amusing. Different tastes for different people, I guess.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117816 on: December 10, 2013, 04:26:00 am »

I need to write more.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117817 on: December 10, 2013, 04:28:14 am »

I need to write more.
Do eet! If you need prompts, I'm sure we have plenty.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117818 on: December 10, 2013, 04:31:19 am »

Oh, I have a prompt right now.

I don't think there's enough writing about Pelinal Whitestrake.

EDIT: Oh, that reminds me. I have two big headcanons in ES lore: that the Champion of Cyrodiil is and always was Pelinaline, the reincarnation of the Whitestrake himself (the expansion reinforcing his madness helps with this); and that the Eye of Magnus is the result of KINMUNE's study of Dwemeri technology after being buried deep under Saarthal by Ysgramor.

What made me happy is that I started replaying the Mages' Guild questline in Skyrim today and I found that everything in-game supported that, or at least nothing contradicted it. The book showing Ysgramor's relationship to the Eye of Magnus only mentioned this:

The Nords found something when they built their city, buried deep in the ground. They attempted to keep it buried, but the elves learned of it and coveted it for themselves. Thus they assaulted Saarthal, their goal not to drive the Nords out but to secure this power for themselves. I believe Ysgramor knew something of what the elves would find under Saarthal, and rallied together his people to keep the elves from gaining it. When Nords once again controlled Skyrim, this power was buried deep below the earth and sealed away.

And for comparison, the corroborating lines from KINMUNE:

Over time, Kinmune earned many names and titles as her new visitors took their counsel. She was the Oracle Iridescent, spoken of in the Green Tablet Steps of Jhunal. She was the Witch of Wire and String, able to allow the Sons and Daughters to see through her eyes into the myriad secrets of post-kalpica transmeditations. Perhaps most famously, she was Kinmune the Doom of the Dumb Old Giant, because for all the minds that she let wear her body, none escaped in whole thereafter, even those with blood of the karstaag. Kinmune always took a portion of her proxies’ power and mystery.

It was this last act that doomed her to becoming one of the Arena’s most feared villains. High King Ysgramor took the loss of the Dumb Old Giant, one of his greatest counselors outside of Torc and Talking-Belt, with great anger, and sent his Thanes and Shield-Biters against her, equipped with great relics and enchanted weapons of wasabi. And though the fight was hard, the champions of the Altmora managed to seal Kinmune beneath the always-burnt borders of Sarthaal, imprisoning her in its prismatic network of misunderstood dwemercraft.

But Kinmune was built to work in crushing, deep pressure environments, and so she lay long under the Mund, plotting her revenge on the Ada-issue. It was mortals that had fabricated her as an all-access puppet to plumb dark depths that their own weak shells could not in the 9 and that now saw fit in the 1 and 1 to condemn her as a witch-thing merely for attempting to become something more than a maradaoon marionette.

Kinmune soaked in the misunderstandistance of the dwemeri brass-and-cricket-lines around her, converting it into a language her databanx could study and synthesize. As Eras passed, it became a language that she could harness as Varliance++.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:41:00 am by Putnam »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117819 on: December 10, 2013, 04:34:05 am »

Well, then, get to it, man. The only way it's going to get written is if you hop on it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117820 on: December 10, 2013, 06:36:53 am »

what cleverbot is too polite to say is that the entire country of canada are polar bears who watched serial experiments lain and began wearing mansuits

good on it, people who say the truth usually get mauled before getting to actually des

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #117821 on: December 10, 2013, 11:16:27 am »

what cleverbot is too polite to say is that the entire country of canada are polar bears who watched serial experiments lain and began wearing mansuits

good on it, people who say the truth usually get mauled before getting to actually des
*rumble*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117822 on: December 10, 2013, 11:27:31 am »

That's poor form, ol' Xant.

* Descan munches on a baby seal.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117823 on: December 10, 2013, 11:35:49 am »

* Descan munches on a baby seal.

If you're munching, then you cooked it for too long. Baby meat is tender; it needs only the barest of cooking and the gentlest of spices.

Baby seal goes well with sage, in the same vein as lamb goes with rosemary. Alternatively, try a satay marinade. I'm told that satay seal is particularly delicious.
Check out my RtD!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117824 on: December 10, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »

I BEAT PIKACHU AND SNORLAX! Wait, wrong game.

I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH!
-snip-
So many great nicknames for those two...
You forgot:

BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD

11th down from the top, between ABBOT & COSTELLO and TIMON & PUMBA.
Crayup. I need better glasses.
Pages: 1 ... 7853 7854 [7855] 7856 7857 ... 13325