Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7801 7802 [7803] 7804 7805 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15784505 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made some caramel pecan bars last week, and everyone who's tried them absolutely loves them. Funnily enough, I thought I botched the whole thing, and it was an otherwise very simple recipe.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

The Lizzie Shinkicker strategy has finally paid off! Made it to the coronation this time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

-snip-
Given there have been multiple reports of stuff like this, whilst this one may be fake, I doubt they all are. I seem to remember one where someone tried robbing a retired boxer...
There was a famous one of some mug trying to mug what he thought was a woman on her own late at night.

It turned out "she" was a boxer in drag returning from a banterous evening with the lads, and hilarity ensued.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I will never forget the story of the guy who tried to knife-mug a hardcore convention-goer.

A hardcore convention-goer who happened to have in her possession a full broadsword at the time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

As with my college-application adventure a month ago, I can now say that the "$7.50 Skyrim Odyssey" has been successfully concluded after chronicling it in the rage and WTF threads.

I still have to install and play the game :P

EDIT: Also, I don't go to conventions, but if I do I will be sure to make a concerted effort toward getting mugged, just so I can beat up the assailant with whatever I have on my person, or just with my fists. As the moron who governs my home state says, I would be "one tough nerd".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:36:32 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember seeing a video where a guy tried to hold up a convienence store with a sword, only for the clerk to pull out a sword of his own.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

The Lizzie Shinkicker strategy has finally paid off! Made it to the coronation this time.
I need to read that LP again...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I Discovered what Humans Vs Zombies is...
I swear, on the lives of all I know, I will take part in one of these sports of kings, and I shall rule!
Seriously, I don't care if i have to hold and organise one myself, Scotland shall have.... Zombies.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I swear, on the lives of all I know, I will take part in one of these sports of kings, and I shall rule!
Seriously, I don't care if i have to hold and organise one myself, Scotland shall have.... Zombies.
Our university had twice-annual week-long HvZ games; it was the second largest club on campus, beaten only by the Anime Club. It was even larger than the fraternities and such, which pissed them off to no end. The larger of the two would take place in Autumn, and usually has around 800 players, out of about 15k total students.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Our university had twice-annual week-long HvZ games; it was the second largest club on campus, beaten only by the Anime Club. It was even larger than the fraternities and such, which pissed them off to no end. The larger of the two would take place in Autumn, and usually has around 800 players, out of about 15k total students.

...by Jove, your anime club had over eight hundred members.

It's a wonder that it didn't collapse into a singularity of things my vocabulary didn't prepare me to even describe.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I just got done working retail on Black Friday. Where I work isn't quite as some places you hear about, but I am quite glad it's over.

I remember seeing a video where a guy tried to hold up a convienence store with a sword, only for the clerk to pull out a sword of his own.
If they did not then cross swords and start dueling while engaging in witty banter, I don't want to hear about it. The image in my mind is too awesome.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

That's pretty freaking cool, as far as I know stuff like that is super rare around here.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Today was a good day.

Cold is on its way out. Completed four assignments quickly, efficiently, and safely. Traffic was much better than I had feared it might be. And now I'm having pizza for dinner. A truly excellent Friday.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Installed Deus Ex on my computer, it obviously runs great, and is also a good game.
Gunther is so 'dorable getting mad over the technicians supposedly fiddling with the drink machine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7801 7802 [7803] 7804 7805 ... 13325