Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7686 7687 [7688] 7689 7690 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772245 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115305 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:14 am »

Youtube isn't always horrible.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115306 on: October 29, 2013, 08:10:50 am »

For some reason I can't stop laughing at that.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115307 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:26 am »

Found my shower's resonant frequency. It lays around the area where I'm comfortable singing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115308 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:14 am »

What's a resonant frequency?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115309 on: October 29, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

The frequency where you get a standing wave in that space. It's pretty entertaining to speak/sing/whatever at the resonant frequency of a space. You should try it some time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #115310 on: October 29, 2013, 10:16:07 am »

The frequency where you get a standing wave in that space. It's pretty entertaining to speak/sing/whatever at the resonant frequency of a space. You should try it some time.
Last time I did that the response I got was "Djeez, you're such a nerd.". Thanks wife, I love you, too.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115311 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:43 am »

Wait. I think I saw that... what video was that from?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115312 on: October 29, 2013, 10:29:10 am »

Wait. I think I saw that... what video was that from?
Smooth McGroove's Lavender Town Acapella

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #115313 on: October 29, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

Went on fieldtrip for trust and teamwork building exercises for Leadership class. Having so much fun, and its so comfortable and beautiful feeling
It's FEF, not FEOF

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #115314 on: October 29, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »

I had an epiphany that made me happy, last night in bed while I as staring at the ceiling.

I knew this stuff before but I hadn't really internalized it.

When you read a book, you're connecting to something the author created. It's one-sided, because it's just a thing and not a person, but the main reason two people connect in a more meaningful way in person is because they go back and forth very quickly, exchanging information. It feels real and personal because there is a rich exchange.

But the author made the book to set in stone what he wanted to show you. The author wants this message to be something pure, whole, and beautiful. He wants you to experience it, and in a way, experience him. When he can work in secret and produce it, finally, it is right and ready for interpretation. The author writes for the same reason the carpenter builds. For a few brief moments you can seek shelter by his hearth.

When you love, you want to share beautiful things. There is an elation to it. It is breaking warm bread into two pieces. In depression you can produce something meaningful, wretched with heartache, wracked, which nonetheless is beautiful like a winter briar. Maybe the best things are written in both times, from both perspectives, which makes a Persephone of the author.

But right now this is how I feel: I need to write because I have a message to whisper to you. Just for you. It's pure, and whole, and beautiful.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115315 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:00 pm »

Still home sick but my sinuses are finally functioning as a public transportation system again, excellent, AND it hasn't settled in my lungs despite all the time I've spent in bed.  Lymph nodes have settled down, too.  Still seem to be feverish, though, guess I'll go get another onion.

I really needed these past few days off to do absolutely nothing.  At the moment I'm just enjoying the pleasure of breathing, and hot showers, and my comfy bed, and paying attention to how my plant's doing.  This isn't so bad, and to be honest, this slow, warm life is exactly what I've always wanted.  It's not so bad.  The life I have is worth living.

Maybe after I finish cleaning and writing my letters, drinking my tea and eating my simple rice, I'll take a walk somewhere.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #115316 on: October 29, 2013, 03:07:42 pm »

my sinuses are finally functioning as a public transportation system again

So, dirty and clogged?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115317 on: October 29, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

-sinp-
As of this moment, you are no longer able to completely immerse yourself into a book and the story thereof. You will now always stop and think about the author's intentions, choice of words, used metaphors and hidden meanings instead of being able to completely absorb the story. You will now have a few more reasons to think that books are good (but only the kind of books that you read in literature class) and you will have many more reasons to think that books are bad (all sorts of books).

You are now a literature expert. I am so, so sorry. :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115318 on: October 29, 2013, 03:17:59 pm »

-sinp-
As of this moment, you are no longer able to completely immerse yourself into a book and the story thereof. You will now always stop and think about the author's intentions, choice of words, used metaphors and hidden meanings instead of being able to completely absorb the story. You will now have a few more reasons to think that books are good (but only the kind of books that you read in literature class) and you will have many more reasons to think that books are bad (all sorts of books).

You are now a literature expert. I am so, so sorry. :P
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
* Xantalos punches the concept of Literature class in the face
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115319 on: October 29, 2013, 03:21:14 pm »

But right now this is how I feel: I need to write because I have a message to whisper to you. Just for you. It's pure, and whole, and has laserbots fighting alien dinosaurs.
Fix'd.

Not disagreeing with you, but some peoples' definitions of 'beauty' are far more awesome than others' =D
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 7686 7687 [7688] 7689 7690 ... 13325